• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Dungeon Did You Not Enjoy and Generally Hate?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
For me was the Ocean Temple (PH), I hated every inch, it was annoying with the time limit, that's what I didn't like, the time limit.

My most grudged dungeons is the Wind Temple and Earth Temple (WW) the partner stuff was fine till those hands caught them, I didn't like the dungeons at all.

My most hated is the City in the Sky (TP) no, not for the music, I don't like it cause it was so fricken giant, that was okay at first, but it was so confusing and was frusturating, especially when I forgot to pull a lever in the highest level to make the propellor blow forward, and I had to do it again.

Now enough of my rambling, (sigh) now what are your's that you didn't enjoy, grudge, or hate?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I always had a grudge against the City in the Sky as well. The first time I played it, I was completely lost. I got the big key and lowered myself down on the chandelier-type thing... then I fell. At the time I didn't realize there was a shortcut to the big key room in the main room, so I would trudge through 30 minutes of mindless gameplay every time I wanted to advance in the temple.

My most hated temple was probably the City in the Sky on Twilight Princess, it was like the Snowpeak Temple, but worse (along with the fact that I currently like the Snowpeak Temple). I don't know what makes me dread having to go there, but something does that makes me hate the place. It's probably the fact that the way to move around the map is the most annoying in any temple I have played outside of the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask.

The design and concept of the City in the Sky is pretty cool, and the both the mini-boss and boss were pretty cool in terms of appearance, and the actual concepts for battling both were decent, although they could have been, at the least, harder. I think it's just the fact that if I end up going in the wrong direction, or have to go somewhere because I forgot something like a key, although rare, means that I have a tedious journey to get back to where I was before, and then to where I want to be. Especially in room where you can only travel around it using the clowshot or a cucco. I hated ended up going in there, because I would forget that I need the second clawshot once I got to the bottom of the room so I could hookshot onto the that little cove area at the bottom whilst hanging in mid-air.

The Snowpeak Temple was horrible as well, because anything in a game made by Nintendo with the theme of Ice or Water is generally horrible, such as the Ice Caves and Sea's in the Pokemon Series. But I actually like it, and admire it in a way. It's probably one of the hardest temples that Nintendo have created in a while, although it's not really that hard in comparison to temples like the Water Temple and Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time or the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask. I think that sometimes though, I do find that I can hate the Snowpeak Temple more than I do the City in the Sky, depending on how I am feeling and what the progress in my savefile is like at the time.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
LoZ: Death Mountain - SO difficult for me.
OoT: Water Temple - Without a guide your first time it's... *shudders*
WW: Wind Temple - I liked the partner thing when it was the Rito girl (forget her name), but the Korok guy was such a pain in the butt, combined with a dungeon that just isn't very fun.
TP: Lakebed Temple - Yeah I know, it's a pre-Master Sword dungeon, so it's probably supposed to be easy, but man... those centralized water dungeons just kill me. I was really confused.
TP: City in the Sky - Funny, I hated two of the TP dungeons, but loved the rest of them to the point where the others are some of my favorite dungeons.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
City in the Sky and Shadow Temple.
Shadow temple just scared me half to death. I utterly could not wait to leave. the only thing that kept me pushing through it was the thought of never finishing an awesome game like OoT.
The city in the sky seemed like the plot for it was thrown together at the last minute. (Doesn't mean it's true, I'm just sayin) The monsters did not really fit, and it didn't seem like a city in the sky, where as Yeto's Mansion actually seemed like a mansion. Not only was it frustrating, but it just wasn't fun to me. The only fun I had playing that dungeon was the boss and the mini boss.

Oh, also. EVERY TEMPLE IN AOL that I beat.

There has never been a dungeon in the series that I did not enjoy at all, however, the City in the Sky came pretty close, although it's the only one that has done so.

There are endless things about the dungeon that are irritating. The music, the presence of the oocca, the bland visuals (really dull for a FLOATING CITY), lamely relaxed boss battle, lamest mini-boss, etc. There's also the annoying dungeon design. It wasn't even hard, really, just incredibly confusing. Which I suppose adds difficulty if you think about it, but not in a good way. I spent a lot of time just stumbling around trying to figure out what the **** was going on, and I had way less fun with the City in the Sky than any other dungeon in Zelda history.

Other than that, the next thing would be many first dungeons from various games, like The Minish Cap in particular, as they're incredibly easy, unimpressive, and almost pointless. However, I still enjoyed them so perhaps I shouldn't even be mentioning them here. The Forest Temple from Twilight Princess is a definite exception, in any case.

I have to agree with you Axle, the City in the Sky was my least favorite dungeon. It was way to long for me, and that room where you decended was just horrible. The design was too weird and if you died having to make it to where you left off was a real pain.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
There are a few I don't like.

Midoro Palace (AoL):
Ironically enough, the Great Palace is better than this place. I didn't know how many times I got Game Overs in this palace, because I didn't go to Death Mountain... :(

Snowhead Temple (MM):
The only thing that really bothers me in this temple is the precision rolling as Goron Link. It's really tedious to fall, then have to work your way back up again!

City in the Sky (TP):
I hate the Oocca, so naturally I'd hate their dungeon too. I always get bored in this dungeon since it takes forever to get anywhere. Worse yet, I once fell when I was very near the end, and had to climb back up! The music doesn't help either, it toys with my mind...

In the entire zelda series there was only one dungeon that I always hated to do, Skull Woods in A Link to the Past, I would honestly distort the path I took throught the dark would to do that dungeon 6th and not 3rd. I even somehow figured out how to skip half of the dungeon completly.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Wow, opposite from many people here, my favorite TP dungeon was City in the Sky.
Most hated would be Snowhead Temple from MM, or the Forsaken Fortress from WW.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I liked the City in the Sky in TP... It was challenging, but beautiful, and being up in the sky, and having weird ancient bird-people, and archecture that reminds me of one of my favorite historical artists (M.C. Escher)....

I think my least favorite temple out of all the LoZ I've played is the Water Temple of OoT. Surprise, surprise. Even on Master Quest (where it was made easier) all of the pain in the butt raising and lowering water levels and trying to figure out where the small keys were... argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom