• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'm currently reading Mockingjay, the third book in The Hunger Games franchise.

Got to say, after enjoying the first two, I am surprised by how little I like this one. It feels like the whole story has worked up to a scenario that Collins has absolutely no idea how to handle. None of the books was well written by any stretch (something I anticipated and let slide since these are for younger readers) but this one is just... awful. The ridiculousness of the events and characters in this book shattered any suspension of disbelief I had. This is the book in which the universe of The Hunger Games starts to fall apart as we are introduced to concepts which don't follow any kind of logic in the book itself (I'll avoid specifics because spoilers). Characters are inconsistent, events are just plain daft, the pacing is horrendous, and it really does read as though Collins has no idea how the world she created works. She sets events up only to then throw in some convenient cop-out to avoid them because, it feels to me, she just straight up has no idea how to make it work. It really stands out from the previous two books because neither of them had these issues.

It reminds me of when I first saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I'd really liked the first one, liked the second one even more, and then immediately disliked the third one because it just completely became poorly-made nonsense. It's a shame for the trilogy to end on such a low. I'm gonna read Night Watch, my favourite book of all time, next to wash the taste of this out of my mind.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
We're reading 1984 by George Orwell in English class right now.

It's definitely an interesting book; nothing like anything I've ever read before. It's well written, but I find it doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes, and I find myself getting confused a lot. Nevertheless, it is still a good book, and I am enjoying it!

I just finished The Great Gatsby, and this book is just so perfect. Lovely writing and story and deep. A tragic romance. So it just perfect. Best book I have read for class ever.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
I just started these two new books a couple days ago!

1. The Alchemist

A very.. serious book, quite deep. It's hard to wrap my head around at times, and makes me think in a new way. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but it's okay. ^^

2. The Fault in our Stars

:kawaii: It's amazing

I just finished reading 1984 by George Orwell a couple of weeks ago, so I started Forrest Gump the other day. After that, I may read Gump and Co. again, or I may read Ready Player One.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
The Kite Runner. It's my assigned novel for English, but I really, really love it. I won't deny that it's a tough book to get through in regards to content but it's a wonderful, emotional story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom