• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

The Disappearing Spoon [And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements] by Sam Kean. While this book is on a list of books I had to choose from to read this summer for my Bioscience-Technologies class, I probably would have read it on my own anyways. Making me smile so hard. Vanadium and Gadolinium are mentioned back-to-back in the same chapter, like, happy-happy-love-love-love~~ <3 Also, Kean uses the most bizarre yet creative analogies I have ever seen used on the periodic table. x))

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm reading two at the moment. Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath and Hungry Souls. The first one is a great fun read by H.P. Lovecraft, and the second is my religious stufy/fun book by Gerard J M Van Den Aardweg. Both are very good. =)

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Cradle, by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee. Within the first few chapters and I can probably call it my favorite book, I'm hoping it stays that way.:)

I just finished Ender's Game a few days ago, and it was amazing. Easily one of my favorite books I've read, along with Forrest Gump and Gump and Co.

I am planning on starting 1984 tomorrow at some point. There are just too many books I want to read right now.

The rest of my list is:

Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Ready Player One
A Clockwork Orange

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I've finished Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath and I'm now reading the sequel to The Sword in the Stone, called The Once and Future King! Its really good. :3

Currently I am reading OwlsFlight by Mercedes Lackey. :) Sadly, it's at the end of a whole WORLD series, so I'm going to have to read a ton of other books to fully understand and appreciate all the references. >.<

Sheik

:the:
My friend recently introduced me to Legend by I Can't Remember Who. I read that and it's sequel, Prodigy. They're pretty good. Kind of hunger games-reminiscent.
Oh, and for quick recall this year, our coach told us we had to read the Hobbit, since it was the "subject" book this year, which basically means it'll show up in every match. I was already 70 pages in or so when I found out he made a mistake and it was actually Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry, which was still great though. The best part is when Cassie beats up Lillian Jean. Sweet revenge.

Last edited:

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Three at the same time

An Abundance of Katherines
2 States
The Kite Runner (re reading this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom