• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Did You Get Your Username From?

Aku

I threw these two words together years ago on another forum after trying to come up with an easily memorable username. Plus I liked my sister's username 'Crookedwolf' so I chose to go with another -wolf' name, but added 'Metal' to it as it had a vaguely 'elemental' feel to it. Didn't know until much later that there was a videogame of the same name, so obviously didn't name myself after that.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
This one (I've been known by many a name on the internets throughout the years) came because C is the letter that my real name starts with. Additionally, I love alliterations, so I just knew it had to be one. I was going to go with "Green Gentleman" but that's a P!ATD song, and I didn't want people to think I'm unoriginal, plus, I wanted to pick a color few people think of, so that led me to crimson. And when thinking of a what was going to be crimson the word "cavalier" immediately popped into my head, and THUS: TheCrimsonCavalier.

It's a latin word meaning triumphant or victorious. I don't have a personal backstory as to why I chose it, just thought it sounded neat. :)

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I've had my username for many years now, with my first using of it was on AQW. I made a pretty cool looking character that had blue skin and green eyes, and I was all set to play. But when it came to my name, I couldn't find a valid one. Either they were taken, or had "violent language" in it, like Killer. Eventually, out of the blue, came the idea of it being a frost and cold centered character. The snowman part comes from that idea and the blue skin, while toxic comes from the green eyes. Also, I thought the name sounded evil or mischievous, which fit the rogue class well.

I've been using it ever since then, but I occasionally stumble across someone who uses my name (All of them being after when I made my original account :l). It sucks that people use my name, it even led me to having to use Toxic_Snowmon as my PSN ID, but I can't stop them. I can only beat them by getting to making the accounts first ;)

JetPunx-R

I can smell you
"Jet" was from when I was just a child and into jet fighters on how fast they soar in the sky, as well as playing Sonic Riders by the character who goes by them as "Jet the Hawk".
"Punx" was during a time where a friend introduced me to Punk rock and I was loving it so then I just added it to the name.
"-R" Plain and simple, WWE fan, Edge was my favorite and liked the "Rated R Superstar" title.

Mix them up and I got myself a username. Oddly enough, most of my online friends and skype just refer to me as "Jet". Just because it's simple.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
20090918_Pagani_Cinque_01_192mm6FF2L-3.jpg

vroom vroom

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
This one is my real name. The other usernames I've had here were from Cliver Barker's Imajica (Furie), a singer/songwriter (Imogen), and George R. R. Martin's A Storm of Swords (Lady of the Leaves)

When I was 10 or so, my brother and I were getting into Minecraft. For the record, I literally don't care about Minecraft anymore, but it's important for the story. We needed usernames, obviously. I don't know where he got his name, but he chose CarnivoreWaffle. I guess I found that funny, and since we were brothers I figured it would be appropriate if I was HerbivoreWaffle. He let go of his old username, but I guess I grew fond of TheHerbivoreWaffle, despite me preferring meat over vegetables and pancakes over waffles. So, now I use TheHerbivoreWaffle for pretty much anything online that isn't social media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom