• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Did You Get Your Username From?

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
It's a complicated story involving explosions, heart break, betrayal and Morgan Freeman, and I'm not even sure if I can adequately explain every detail of it via forum post, but I will sum it up as much melodrama and embellishment and unnecessary verbosity I can summon in a tl;dr version, with that being

it's my real life name and I'm too lazy to think of anything else lol

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I love dark link fan art, and 7 is the number of main dungeons in twilight princess, my first and favorite Zelda game.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
At the time of this names creation Chuck Norris jokes were popular and I wanted to show how good I am so that sums it up.

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
I could swear I posted here, but whatever.

Anyway, I was going to be 'StarlightSkyloftian' but it was too long so I literally just typed in what I was thinking at the time.

D

Deleted member 81859

It's a fuse of my real-life nickname, "Tessy", and of the mathematic/artistic term tessellation (repeating images or patterns.)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Wow have I really not posted here? Anyhow, when I first joined ZD about three years ago I'd just finished another reread of Isaac Asimov's Foundation series (IMHO some of the best classic science fiction available). The capital of the First Foundation, the galaxy's new governing body was the planet "Terminus" at the very edge of the galaxy. I found the technologies and the social experiments of Terminus and the First Foundation to be utterly intriguing, pus I thought the name sounded cool and it wasn't taken, so I went with it (plus the capital of the Old Empire and the Second Foundation was "Trantor" and that doesn't sound nearly as cool as "Terminus).

Wikipedia said:
Terminus is the sole planet orbiting an isolated star. Its nearest inhabited neighbor is Anacreon, 8 parsecs (26 light years) away, and it lies approximately 10,000 parsecs from the capital of the First Galactic Empire, Trantor, near the galactic center. It is believed to be the planet farthest from the galactic centre, hence its name: Terminus is Latin for "end of the line".

There are almost no visible stars in its sky, only the huge lens of the Milky Way Galaxy. The nearby stars of the Province of Anacreon are known as "The Diamonds", with the expanse of the Galaxy described as "The Lens". The Ecliptic plane of Terminus appears to be near-perpendicular to its orbit around the Galactic nucleus, as the Lens is visible in the night sky throughout its year, while the Diamonds appearance appears to be seasonal. The visibility of the Magellanic Clouds is not discussed.

hero_of_hearts

Come at me, broseidon
It's truly simple. My two greatest non living loves are LoZ and Kingdom Hearts. So it just felt natural to me to become the hero that Traverse needs...... I also wish I was batman but we'll get to that some other day.

\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
Wray is actually my real name. ^^

pkfroce

Skelepuns
So I used to main Lucario and Lucas in Smash Bros. I was trying to think of a name for my AQW account. And so I combined PK(Lucas) and FORCE(Lucario's "Force Palm") So BAM pkforce. Except when I signed up here, I ****ed it up and typed in, "pkfroce" So yeah.

Bishop Rodan

Godslayer
I don't even remember where I got the name Bishop Rodan from. I think it's from a video game? May have been Fire Emblem, but I don't know. I used it on Steam like five or six years ago and have done ever since, and it's also my username on Something Awful. It's often a backup for when the name "Silver" is already taken (and it usually is).

Silver, on the other hand, I got from Pokemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom