• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Where Did You Get Stuck the First Time You Played Through OoT?

Where did you get stuck the first time you played through OoT?

• Inside the great Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Inside Lord Jabu-Jabu

• The Forest Temple

• The Fire Temple

• The Water Temple

• The Shadow Temple

• The Spirit Temple

• Ganondorf's castle

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Gohma (when i was 7) I cried when she killed me XD In dodgongos cavern cause i couldnt find the chest with the bombs XD jabu jabu forest temple and water temple

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
The Forest Temple, for sure. Also, I don't know why, but it took me like 3 months to figure out the Shadow Temple. But hey, I was eight years old and my brain was still developing. :lol:
Oh yeah, and the final Ganon fight stumped me too. I didn't know about the items inside the castle debris, or that you couldn't beat him with Big Goron's Sword.

For me it was the Water Temple. Towards the end, right after I got the boss key, I returned to the vertical main room and realized I could not hookshot over to the dragon's head on the north side because there was nothing for me to hookshot onto. I recall this dragon head being raised with a circular target on it when I first started the dungeon, but for some reason now it was down. I realized I had to raise the water level to its max, and then the hook point would be there. Unfortunately, they did not mention this in the walkthrough I was following, but thank God I used Farore's Wind at that last water switch!

Auugh. It was like a maze in there. But the boss fight was fun :)

When I first played through the game, I probably got stuck in the Forest Temple for the longest period of time. I still do from time to time, doing such things as forgetting about the twisted corridor or just forgetting where I'm meant to be going next. Although, the last time I played I got stuck in the Water Temple for the longest period of time as I couldn't find one of the first 3 keys that you need to collect, I really have no idea how I missed it. I went to the area that it is kept but just decided that once I'd arrived that I would just turn around again and try and advance with just 2 keys.

I think the hardest part about the Forest Temple was that I had to backtrack, as I was so young I thought that once I'd gone somewhere that I wouldn't need to visit there again, I guess I learnt a lesson by the time I got out of that place.

jack546

The chosen one
I agree with the poll jabu jabu and the water temple are the two hardest dungeons for new players.

same deal, I couldn't get trough the web thing in the part where you find the slingshot inside the deku tree the first time *facepalms x1000* nothing as embarrasing happened after that tho :P I had never played anything like Zelda before first time I did OoT

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Granted that I didn't play the game until years after it came out since I didn't have an N64 at the time, I pretty much knew where to go and what to do and didn't really find myself getting stuck anywhere. Although I do know for sure that I got stuck in the Water Temple whenever I first played it. I had heard that it was hard and was anticipating it when I entered the temple. After trying to find my way around the place I got stuck trying to find out where one of the keys were that I needed. After I finally found it and used it, I found myself stuck after I kept on completely and utterly failing to defeat Dark Link. I couldn't beat him until I think I finally looked up a way to beat him and find out what I needed to do (can't recall if I did this for the key too or not...).

But anyway, yeah, I think the Water Temple would qualify as being the first time I got stuck in OoT.

P

princess_zelda

I haven't actually completed the game yet, but I got veery stuck in the Forest Temple, like some people said I kept getting messed up with the twisted hallway thingie. My little sister who was watching me play actually helped me, embarassing right? Haha.
At the moment I'm stuck in the Shadow Temple, ugh. I keep falling during the part when you have to get under the falling blade things while using the hover boots and jump across (hopefully that makes sense, hah). It's probably the easiest thing but for some reason I can't seem to get it. : (

It was the Forest Temple for me, actually. I got stuck some on Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly, but it was far worse in the Forest Temple. First off, the dungeon always confused me when I was a kid, so if I recall I needed a guide just to complete it, especially the last room where you have to rotate the walls. I couldn't figure that part out. >.< Then when I fought Phantom Ganon, I was stuck for a long time because I couldn't beat him, which I believe was because I was Z-Targeting him, when really you just have to aim at him to hit him with an arrow. :(

But yeah. After the Forest Temple, I don't recall ever really getting stuck, except maybe in Ganon's Castle. I made it through most of the other temples fairly easily, although I might have been using a guide perpetually. I wasn't that good at video games back then. xP

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Forest Temple...thrice. First time was me missing the first key on that branch in the first room. Second time was for some reason not realizing I could go into the room with the key guarded by the Stalfos on the north end of the main floor (probably because I played TP first and the whole 4 poes thing make me think the room straight ahead was off limits :/ ). Third time was failure to remember that there was a locked door somewhere I never opened due to lack of keys, and having as poor a memory as I do I didn't go back once I did get the needed key, which was also partly because I didn't ever realize I had an unused key.

I had a lot of key problems it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom