• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite Zelda game would be A Link to the Past, hands down! I love that game. :) It was the first Zelda game that I really got into. I had played the original Legend of Zelda before, but I was too young to understand the concept behind it. ALttP helped bring me into the series and got me interested in it. It wasn't until Majora's Mask though that I really got into the series, but ALttP was the Zelda that snagged my interest and put me on the road to me becoming a fan of LoZ.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If I was forced to choose, it would probably be Twilight Princess. Out of my other top favorites (Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword), I've come to enjoy TP the most and love playing it when I can. It personally has more replay value than the other two; its story was amazingly solid, fluid, and enjoyable. I loved learning about Midna's backstory as the game progressed. Not even Ganondorf's plummet into the course of events fazed me, no matter how abrupt. To me that was nothing more than a plot twist that, honestly, didn't affect the story's plausibility. If anything, it added spice and further intrigue than was present beforehand; going up against Zant for the final fight was rather predictable. The plot isn't the only reason that I pick TP out of the trio, but it's one of the biggest.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Always Ocarina of Time. Grew up with this game in my childhood and it's just so perfect. It's the only Zelda title out there (in my opinion) that is perfect and has almost no flaws. Plus I never get bored of the game! It also deals in the nostalgia big time for me...

L

LowLifeLink

I had to go with Twilight Princess on this one, for a couple of reasons. First, I REALLY like motion controls, and even though Skyward sword did even better motion controls, TP was the first game I ever played with motion controls, and I enjoyed it all the way through.
Second, I really can't find a lot of arguments not to like the game, in all the other Zelda games, I have played, I at times found some annoyances that made the game feel like a grind (Like finding the triforce pieces in Wind Waker.).
And Third, this game and Majoras mask are the games that I think by FAR have the highest replay value, I can't tell why, but I find myself constantly going back to these two games, instead of picking up WW that I haven't played in AGES.
Over all I just think that TP has the best single player experience because of the immersive story, memorable characters, and the BEST SIDEKICK EVER: MIDNA ALL THE WAY <3<3 (I might have gotten a bit excited, sorry) http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/images/smilies/nod.gif

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
This is a hard choice I like so many of them...
But I think i'd have to go with Alttp. It was just more enjoyable then the others I've played.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
For me it goes:
1. Twilight Princess
2. Skyward Sword
3. Wind Waker
4. Spirit Tracks
5. Majora's Mask
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. Ocarina of Time

This is of the games I have played in the series.

Z

Zeldakinz

My favorite Zelda games (in order) are:
1. Wind Waker
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Majora's Mask
Wind Waker was adorable. I love the graphics and the expressions Link's face! The music is amazing (well it is in every Zelda game, but I like this one's music the most). Twilight Princess was awesome. The realistic graphics were epic, and the music was beautiful. I really loved how Epona looked! Ocarina of Time brings back so many memories..it was my first video game. I really love the dungeons :D Majora's Mask was difficult, and I ragedquit a lot, but it was still a lot of fun. I love the dark and eerie feel of the game..even the music was creepy! I'll admit, it scared me a lot as a small child :(

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My vote is split between OoT and MM, partially because of nostalgia reasons as OoT and MM were my first and second Zelda games I ever played, respectively, but also because they set a standard for 3D Zelda as a whole. Furthermore, I find each serves its purpose. If you want dungeons and classic Zelda gameplay, play OoT. If you want dark undertones, great character development, and sidequests, play MM.

It was always OoT for me, until recently. My first Zelda experience was OoT as I was a sega fanboy back in the day. I've now gone on to play every Zelda (except the Cdi ones).

I've realised that I actually prefer Twilight Princess. When I think of Zelda now I always imagine the style of TP, even after playing SS twice in the past year and OoT 3d for the past 2 weeks. I don't know when it started or how it happened but it has and I'm happy with it.

M

Majora'sRemains

This is very nearly exactly how I feel.

Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda I played, and I was six years old. I inherited it from my grandmother, and after weeks of watching her play it - when I finally played it on my own - it was like I became Link, and I was the one experiencing the adventure; rescuing Zelda; restoring Hyrule. Some of my fondest memories are of playing that game, and I hold the game itself very dear to my heart. So, naturally I was excited when Majora's Mask was in the works. My grandmother and I kept tabs on it, read all the new information, and generally shared our excitement and thoughts about where the game might go. She preordered the special edition cartridge for me, we were so ready to have it.

When Majora's Mask finally did come out, and I played it, I cannot describe the feeling it gave me. Honestly, if I could live in any Zelda world, that would be it. I loved the sinister feel over everything. Link set out and suddenly found himself in this new, horrifying place. The dark themes, foreboding feelings and somber looks of the game greatly appealed to me then, and they still do today. I wish there was another Zelda like it. Twilight Princess tried (and don't get me wrong, I love it) but it feels more tragic and sorrowful, rather than downright eerie. I love the way you get the creeping feeling of death and impending apocalypse, the closer you get to the third day. The characters are amazing, the plot is very detailed, the dungeons are difficult, the bosses are outstanding and the game itself is very thought out in a way that most Zelda games, today, aren't.

So, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are - and always will be - my favorite. Out of the two, Majora triumphs... but Ocarina still has my precious childhood memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom