• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
We decided it was a good time to restart this poll, so here it is, fresh and brand-new with no votes and all the current games. :)

Me, personally, my favorite Zelda game was Majora's Mask for a long time (and that's what I've voted in all previous polls), until now. With the release of Skyward Sword, that game has become my new favorite. It's not the best game of the series, in my opinion, because it has too many flaws as opposed to games like Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, which have very few flaws, but it's just so fun for me. I can't get enough of it. :)

What's your guys' favorite?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remain my top two Zelda games, they actually share a single spot but OoT has a different feeling to it. If anything, OoT is my favorite because it's my first Zelda game and the experiences I've had with it just scream epic adventure. After playing OoT, nothing was quite the same anymore. I nitpick every new Zelda game and I see the obvious flaws, so contenders like Skyward Sword just cannot displace the game. Majora's Mask is so intertwined with OoT that I consider the two one big adventure. Also, MM has the BEST character development and the BEST sidequests I have ever seen in a Zelda game. Best moments as well, you cannot tell me you didn't feel a LITTLE good after reuniting Anju and Kafei. So yeah, OoT/MM.

I think Ocarina of Time really set the standard for Zelda games, it had a sense of epic adventure and made the player really feel for Link and Zelda. So far no other game has done that as well as oot.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I'm going to say Oot just for the fact that it was the first video game that was EVER introduced to me.. I rememeber my mom brining home the N64 and hooking it up, then putting in the cartirge. I asked her "mama what is that?" and she told me and started playing. As i watched her play all i remember thinking that it was the coolest thing i have ever seen in my entire life! Back then i didn't have any friends and i was bullied all the time and i would just stay in my room and do only god knows what cause i can't remeber. then after that my life was consumed by zelda and i remmber that being the one thing that always put a smile on my face..
sorry to get a little to emotional though that's the reason why that game is my favorite of all time and even for the rest of my life.
so yeah.. lol!

Have to agree with the above posts, Ocarina of Time still remains my favorite game. While Skyward Sword is a blast to play, it doesn't have the same feeling that I do when I play Ocarina of Time. But I do think that Skyward Sword has earned spot number two in my heart. :)

Skyward sword has become my all time new favorite. It has became my new favorite because it has a new look and it gives me a reason to go save zelda. In the other games she was just in danger, but now she is actually important and you want to save her.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
MM is my favorite for sure. It just has so many things that make it fun and unique, and it also has some of the best dungeons in the whole series IMO, even though there are only four. And who can forget the sidequests?

C

Croxyndorf

my fav is Skyward Sword mostly because of the complete motion controls. it made the game stand out above the others, though I don't think it's the greatest Zelda game.

I still keep my vote with Wind Waker. The cel-shaded graphics are a thing of beauty, and, although I was one of the skeptics, I warmed up soon enough. The gameplay is wonderful. I, for one, loved sailing, and the manipulation of the wind with the wind waker is very unique. The dungeons are ver well-done, and the atmospheres behind them are very cool. The story isn't up to par with OoT or SS, but it still gets the job done. All this leads up to an epic final boss, and one of the best moments in video game history.

Last edited:
S

Skelington

Probably Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword is close, and they are near equal, but i think i still lean towards MM.

My favorite would have to be ocarina of time. I love going through time especially the part at the windmill where he gives you the song then you have to go back in time to make him angry

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Wind Waker. The graphics were crisp and clean and the simplicity allowed for some amazing precision in animation. The enemy AI was by far the most entertaining, what with the exaggerated expressions and the fact that enemies could drop and pick up weapons, or even fight hand to hand. WW's fighting mechanism still feels the smoothest and most streamlined of any Zelda game I've played yet, especially the parry. Difficulty was moot, it was one of the easier games I've played, but it was fun, and that's all that I really care about. I also love the story; despite the happy-go-lucky art style the plot was surprisingly mature. The exploration was also a lot more open, with the only issue being how tedious sailing was, and even that was enjoyable the first playthrough. I just love this game to death really.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It used to be Twilight Princess...then Skyward Sword came along. Skyward Sword completely overshadowed my love for TP. TP had given me everything I wanted (realistic textures, more mature story, cinematic feel) and then some, so I was pretty stinkin' happy with it, but Skyward Sword...gah, Skyward Sword was just freaking amazing. I am completely in love with the motion controls and the JRPG elements implemented into the game (upgrade system, shield meter, etc.). The Zelda series has never felt more alive than Skyward Sword in my opinion and kept me entertained throughout the whole game. There were a few "I hate this part" moments, but every game at least one of those. I also really adore the art style. The mixture of WW's Cel-shade and TP's realistic style, along with the background looking like a painting, was simply breathtaking and fit every moment in the game, whether whimsical or dark. Speaking of which, there was a great balance of light and dark moments in the game, as well as an incredibly thick storyline. And, even though the story is highly linear, the adventure is vastly open, which is exactly what I was hoping Nintendo would do this time around. That mixture of linear and open creates a great balance of storytelling and sense of adventure, and Skyward Sword pulled it off perfectly. I could go on all day about how much I love Skyward Sword, but it would actually take all day...and the next day...and the next day...and the next day...and- (Spongebob reference).

:xd: In all seriousness, though, Skyward Sword has most definitely become my new favorite Zelda, which is no small task. Beating out my love of Twilight Princess was next-to impossible. Yet Skyward Sword did it. It's by far the most impressive game in the series and, in my opinion, the new game to beat. The only thing left to see is how Zelda Wii U will stack up against this masterpiece.

Edit: 6 months later and my opinions have changed very little. SS is still the best (imo) and without a doubt my favorite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom