• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
J

jethro

I've heard such great things about A Link To The Past. I've got the GBA edition, but never had the chance to play it properly. I think I'll be starting that soon :)

However, my favourite game is Majora's Mask, the story is beautiful, dark and touching. I love stories with depth, and while Ocarina of Time is an amazing interactive tale; Majora's Mask has so much more to offer than most other games I've played.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Twilight Princess. First Zelda I ever played, so to me, it brings back all the sweet memories when I found at my local gaming store, happily picked it up, and got into the world of Zelda. From there, I have played almost every Zelda game now, only a very few missing, but nonetheless, the title of my favourite Zelda- game belongs to none other than TP, it always has, and always will^_^

For me, Adventure of Link is my favorite. It's difficulty, massive scale compared to Legend of Zelda, and memorable enemies make it quite enjoyable.

However, the fact that my old roommate constantly claimed that it wasn't a real Zelda fame made me want to enjoy it all the more. And I did.

P

PokemonGanon

My personal favorite is Skyward Sword...I loved the storyline built into the game and there was also the love scenes in this game. The dungeons featured creative designs and not only intriguing puzzles that made me want to play the game all over again. Then there was the character design, which I loved all their personalities(excluding Ghirahim) and their designs were just GREAT.

Its really hard to put the first 8 of these in a specific order, they really are all amazing games and each has their own strengths and weaknesses. But my #1 is definitely my personal favorite. I am a veteran gamer and I played the series from the beginning. (I have played and beaten all of these games, except the two DS titles I can't stomach to finish)

1. ALttP
2. MM
3. OoA+OoS
4. OoT
5. TLoZ
6. AoL
7. MC
8. LA
9.TP
10. SS
11.WW
12. DS games

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I personally love Twilight Princess. I think it's really realistic and very amazing in every detail it has. The music, concept, items, and the dungeons with the bosses contain. The puzzles were pretty complicated for someone to figure out. Twilight Princess is really the complicated Zelda game I've played so far.

link's Sister

I am not Aryll!
I both like TP and MM but I picked MM because though it took only one year to make it it is just some much more then any other Zelda game!:)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Would it be too cliche to say Ocarina of Time? There are reasons why it is largely considered one of the greatest video games ever made, after all. Hyrule felt like a real fantastic place. Most of the appeal of that game is in exploring every nook and cranny for hidden secrets and marveling over Hyrule's many mysterious wonders. I love getting lost in it and talking to characters again and again even if they say the same thing every time.

Ocarina is challenging but fair (in large part) with tight controls, spot on design and so many wonderful charms and intense dramatic moments from beginning to end. It wasn't just ahead of the curve for its time, Ocarina of Time remains largely unmatched to this day.

I enjoy Twilight Princess for many of the same reasons, though its design makes it fall just short of Ocarina. The same sense of wonder that prevails across Hyrule's fantasy setting is there in Twilight. This feeling is the biggest reason I am drawn to the series and it is a feeling that only a select few Zelda games manage to successfully capture. Both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess manage to do so in equal measure.

Of course, there is Ocarina's dark cousin, Majora's Mask. Everything Ocarina did Majora did to greater detail, though I still consider Ocarina the superior game, not that it matters. Majora's Mask was more dense, more detailed. From the constantly evolving world to the detail of the regions of Termina and its denizens, Majora's Mask presented a sophisticated narrative with many subtle nuances that really resonates.

Ocarina of Time is still the purveyor, and the initial impressions it made are not easy to surpass.

Majora's Mask is a beautiful work of art. The focus isn't on the temples but rather on the stories of the myriad complex characters. Few characters in the series are as deeply examined as those in the game. Like each installment of The Legend of Zelda, there is a battle between good and evil but the distinction here is not black and white. We get to see a darker, deceptive side of Link. The game begins with a selfish journey in search of a long lost friend and, throughout the entire story, our protagonist literally dons masks to appeal to the intended audience and repeatedly manipulates the flow of time to suit his agenda. In contrast, we see the antagonists' heart-breaking tales of exclusion and possessions which drive them to behave wickedly. The resolution is eerily hopeful; it brings to light often rare virtues such as truth, friendship, and forgiveness. It shows that these virtues are well within reach and that achieving them brings peace and happiness, even when the world is literally coming to an end.

S

Sir

My favorite game is The Wind Waker. I enjoy the large amount of explorable land.

G

GAYWARDSOWRD

There are 4 zelda games which are arguably the best: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask and The Wind Waker
Wind Waker was my personal favourite due to massive world, hilarious charecters, epic music and the fact that it was so immersive
as for Skyward Sword see my name. The graphics sucked, I loved wind waker graphics and Twilght Princess were cool too and they suited the game but mashing them together is like making an alien and predator croosover (for those who dont know alien vs predator sucked. As well as that there was near enough no exploration. You had 3 areas on ground which you had to visit and revisit and they were basically outside dungeons and incredibly lineaand if anybody is going to tell me that a few rocks that you can barely swing a sword on is exploration then they are just kidding themselves and sucking up to mister nintendo. The controls were bad whether you admit or not, you know they and are just pretending so everyone else (including nintendo) dont tell you you just cannot work them ITS THE COMPANY'S FAULT IF THE CONTROLS SUCK NOT YOU. Skyward sword is not necessarily a bad game but it should certaintly not be appearing on lists of top 10 let alone best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom