• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
W

WakerOfTheWinds

HIIII! :0)

I'm totally new to the forum, so I wanted to first Say thanks for letting me post,

Now as to my favorite game, I guess my screenname gives it away, huh :0P

I'm a Female Gamer and maybes this makes me sound old but I actually was around when the original gold Nes cartridge first was released so I have literally seen every iteration of the series.

For my money though Wind Waker Is the absolute best, i hate how everyone thinks it was geared towards children, NO! It was just a different style, every series needs to change and evolve and the WW had a beautiful story, good graphics (let this be a lesson to everyone: GOOD GRAPHICS DO NOT MEAN IT"S A GOOD GAME, I'd rather have ok graphics and AMAZING GAMEPLAY) and i really felt it had soul. Famitsu magazine was dead on when they gave it a 40/40. I love the sea and exploring it gave it an absolutely epic (epic in the poetry sense, not Epic as in OMG THAT"S SO EPIC) feeling. Not to mention the gamecube controller was seamless in immersing you into the world of Hyrule and i loved the greyed out hyrule castle (it reminded me of the original LoZ levels 8 and 9). Also the king of red lions to me is the Best Guide/Side character who accompanies you, though Fi is very close, Also Oot fans i love Oot too , but navi, ugh! Hey! Hello! hello! Link! I think the powerpuff girls summarized the experience ideally (much respect to people who get this reference). I just think the wind waker combined fun side quests, great gameplay mechanics, ingenious adaptation of items into the boat, i.e. the cannon and salvage hook. This game is the closest one to my heart and I'll never forget it, I hope whatever game you choose you feel passionately about, the cool thing is LoZ has variety and a wide area of styles making it accessible and cherished by a diverse array of fans. LoZ forever!

<3 <3 <3

Thanks Everyone!

~Waker Of The Winds Aka Athena

PS. #2 Has to be ALTTP, BOING! HOOKSHOT! LOL! :0)

L

Linkachu

I voted for Ocarina of Time.
Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess need to be honorable mentions on my part however.

ocarina of time i think its because i grew up watching it being played then i spent my childhood on the first 3 dungeons then when i was 13 i finally beat it i started crying lol yeah but ima softie

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Ocarina of Time...yup. Think back to the first time you played it. I still play it today! I remember playing it as a kid and spending hours after hours simply runing around the market or kakariko village...and having a blast, too! Absolutely no game has ever given me that level of satisfaction. How 'bout you?

D

Darcknut

Ocarina of Time but I'm a little biased since it was the first game I ever beat and I grew up on it. If I played each game now for the first time and I had to choose a favorite I'd most likely go with A Link to the Past. That game had everything. The dungeons were great the bosses were original and the right difficulty. There were also so many side quests that made the game last for a very long time. I honestly can't think of one thing I don't like about it!

J

JohnLaurinaitis

People Power chooses Majora's Mask. I loved the pressure of the game for having three days to finish it, the darkness of it, and being able to transform into many forms with just mere masks.

I always tell myself that I will never isolate one game from the series to call my favorite, but then I see this question and start thinking about it again :P

Regardless, if I were to narrow it down, I would have to say Ocarina of Time. It always held a special place in my heart as both the first Zelda game I ever played, and the first game I ever thought of going for 100% in. The game itself is quite evidently lacking in terms of scope and technicality compared to today's standards but those things never hindered my overall experience in any way and still doesn't It's a really close call between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask but I found that playing MM was a little too rushed and I really enjoyed the laziness and non-urgency that Ocarina of Time centered itself on. Exploring Hyrule Field and participating in minor side-quests felt very rewarding and made the experience that much greater for me.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well, countless people have said it before me, but I feel the need to say it anyways. Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game. I do not believe it has the best story, or the best character developments, and it is definitely not graphics that make me love it. It's just a feeling in my heart when I think about it. Yes, I am biased for it was my first game, but that doesn't mean my feelings for the game aren't true. When someone asks me about Zelda, my mind travels to the days when I was five, maybe even younger but I can't remember. I would sit on the edge of my sister's bed. One of them would turn on the N64 and begin playing, and the other one would start playing Avril Lavigne music. It might seem weird, but when we found the game to be scary it became sort of a tradition to play that music. We even had funny experiences where the character's actions matched the lyrics. I will never forget those hours we spent talking about OoT, or playing around with it, or getting angry because the puzzles were too much for me and then jumping with joy when I finally finished it when I was older.

That is what I think about when I hear Zelda. Hearing the Kokiri Forest song at the beginning of the game and knowing I'm about to embark in an adventure yet again, making fun of how the guards are blind when we first see Ganondorf, suffering through the magma from the volcano when trying to get to the Great Fairy, being annoyed at accidentally choosing to hear the Owl's story yet again, being shocked at the fact that everyone in Castletown has died or fled when you come out of the Temple of Time, feeling the pride of delivering the Eye Drops before time runs out on the first try...
Those are the things that make Ocarina of Time my favorite Zelda game, and even my favorite game of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything about Majora's Mask: the story, the characters, the underlying message; and I had so much fun playing Skyward Sword, being able to beat Ghirahim that creeps me out so much; and if I were telling you what game I think is the best of the series I'd probably say one of those two. But my favorite game will always be OoT. Because to me, it's not a game, it's a life experience and pretty much my entire childhood.

So yeah, Ocarina of Time :)

Twilight Princess . It was my 1st Zelda game and i like the Tone and Feel of the game..Midna was awsome!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Majora's Mask. Mostly for nostalgia purposes. MM was my first Zelda game and with it being so unique, there hasn't been another game in the series to give me what I loved about MM. I felt in MM that I was more important to what happened in the game more than other Zelda games as MM makes it so that events happen whether you're there or not. Other Zelda games will wait for you, but if you miss your opportunity in MM, you are forced to start over. MM's unique collectables, the masks, were really fun to find. Its also has, I believe, the most secrets to it, and by secrets, I just mean fun little unnecessary quirks. Making he stalfoe knights dance while wearing the bremen mask; who thinks of this stuff? There's also the normal secrets to the game, which MM is abundant in. I find the secrets to recent main titles to be rather lacking in this department. And finally, MM is the only Zelda game where you can replay the entire game without actually restarting the game. Thus, any thing you want to try, you can! And with the horse of secrets MM had, it just made for an incredibly rupee game.

R

Raze

I have to say Wind Waker. The graphics layout of the game made the game feel entirely different even from ST and PO. Plus it was my first Zelda game. ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom