• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
I like most of the games I played. Not much of a fan of the originals but it might be because I haven't really gotten into them that much. I have a friend who says the only people to like OOT are the ones who never played the originals and he also hates SS because of apparently a person who made it. Not even sure if he's played it.

D

Dark Hylian

I believe AlttP wass one that made an impact on the series with the introduction of the dark world it gave gamers a challenge to look between worlds to solve puzzles and i think oot incorporated this in that game

1. Twilight Princess
While not the most original -- nor the most challenging -- entry in the series, Twilight Princess is the definitive Zelda experience for me. Everything about it, from the combat (despite being somewhat antiquated by Skyward Sword), to the - for lack of a better word - epic boss battles, to the most emotionally engaging (and surprisingly romantically-themed) story that I've ever experienced in a game, makes Twilight Princess my absolute favorite video game.

2. Ocarina of Time
While it seems as though every Top 10 list that you come across has some spot reserved for Ocarina of Time, it’s not without good reason. The game set the standard for console adventure titles, with a revolutionary lock-on targeting system, a lengthy quest, a bittersweet story, and a musical score that will forever be engrained in my noggin.

3. Skyward Sword
It's a pretty tough choice in regards to the #3 spot, but Skyward Sword -- despite having my fair share of issues with the game -- just hit so many of the right notes for me. The orchestrated musical score, the vibrant characters (particularly Ghirahim and Groose), the head-scratching puzzles -- While it may not have had the same impact on me as OoT and TP, it's certainly one hell of a game.

4. Wind Waker
A breath of fresh air to the established Zelda formula (even having come off of Majora’s Mask), The Wind Waker is a one-of-a-kind gaming experience. Yes, the Triforce scavenger hunt that pops up towards the end of the quest is tedious to say the least, but with a story that deftly handles with themes of loss and moving on towards the future, a fluid, engaging combat system, a musical score that comes shining through at just the right moments, and a visual style that is sure to hold up for console generations to come, it’s a small price to pay.

5. A Link to the Past
A title that I regret not playing sooner, Link's SNES adventure is one that I didn't end up experiencing until a couple of years ago. The overworld is so immense that it just inspires exploration, the combat is much smoother than that of the initial two Zelda games, and the musical score is top-notch. In fact, I was surprised that several of my favorite tunes had actually originated from this game (including Ganon's Theme and Zelda's Lullaby).
i m glad that you agree with this SNES title by far the music score, game play, adventure, and light and dark worlds made this game one to make a positive impact not many other games explored this 2D experience I know The Minish cap had similar game play and perhaps even Oracle of Season and Ages.. but none captured the hearts of many in my opinion like ALttP

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it very difficult to answer the question of the one game in the series I like the most, so I voted for several games and I will give you guys a brief summary of my reasons for liking the games I picked over the other ones (not meaning I don't like the ones I didn't pick).

Adventure of Link: Rumor has it that this game is bad, while it really isn't. Zelda 2 - The Adventure of Link is a great game, and there's nothing to argue about that in my opinion. Wether or not it is a great Zelda game...Okay, I'll admit, that's arguable. Sure, it can be frustrating at times, but to me it's a great challenge every time I play through it, and I really enjoy the fast gameplay in the dungeons. I'm not saying this game has no flaws, but I just enjoy playing it every now and then when I'm not in the mood for a game with minute long cutscenes, but rather just want to dive right into the action.

A Link to the Past: With ALttP not only being the first Zelda, but the first video game I've ever seen, and my 3 year old self being totally blown away by how awesome this game was, I think it's not hard to understand why I chose this as one of my favourites. This game has everything a Zelda needs: creepy dungeons, cool boss monsters, and one of the best soundtracks in the whole series. I love this game, and I will play through it over and over again.

Majoras Mask: Of course this one had to be on my list. The funny thing is, that back when I got this game for my birthday, I had really wished for Ocarina of Time. My mother, however, just saw "Zelda" written on the box and bought the game. And that was the beginning of a neverending love. I just love how alive the world of Termina seems to be. All the NPCs have some sort of backstory, and though a lot of the game's themes seem to be very dark and sad at first, there is always that glance of hope shining through. And of course, it was just awesome to transform into a Deku, a Goron and a Zora. I simply love this game, and have a ton of treasured memories about playing it.

The Wind Waker: Oh Wind Waker, how I despise your overworld. Well, okay, I don't. At least not throughout a mayority of the game. Besides the time when you have to use the pearls to make the Tower of Gods appear, I don't find it that annoying at all (and I only find it annoying then because I always complete my map after meeting with Jabu and before going to the tower). Just as all the other games I'Ve mentioned so far, this one definitely has it's downsides, but I can easily overlook those for the great artstyle, the colorful cast of charakters, the music, the overall gameplay, and the so far best characterized Link in the whole series.

Twilight Princess: A lot of people don't like this game, and once I was one of them, too. Then I thought I should give the game another try. And ever since then, I love it. I lvoe transforming into a wolf, I really enjoy the story and the characters, Zant being one of my favourite villains, I think some of the bosses and dungeons in this game are great, and the final showdown is just the most awesome thing I have ever experienced in a Zelda game so far. Many people hate it, I can't really see why anymore. I love it.

Skyward Sword: Though I've only played through this game one time so far, I really liked Skyward Sword. I enjoyed the controls and the overall gameplay, and I thought it was genius how the areas surrounding the temples were used as "pre-temples", if you know what I mean. I liked the new races they invented, some of the bosses were pretty cool, and in the end I saw my theory about Ganondorf finally become official to the plot.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
For Me, It's A Tie Between LTTP And MM

LTTP Introduced A Lot Of What Would Become Standard For The Series

MM Has The Some Of The Best Replay Value In The Series!

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I looove Zelda games. It's hard for me to chose one specific one. Ocarina of Time was amazing. Majora's Mask was deep. Wind Waker was fun. Skyward Sword was awesome.
If I had to chose, it would probably be Majora's Mask.

T

TwilightGoron

Wind Waker was my favorite Zelda game! Not saying that I did not like any other Zelda game.

N

NickH8

This is a really tough question, and I dont know how many times I have been asked. I would have to choose between Oot or TP. Really tough. I liked both for different reasons. Oot was the first . Igame in the series in 3D, and it was one of the longest. It was also cool how you got to play as both an adult and a kid. Good times! TP was cool because it was the first to have motion controls. It really made you feel like you were part of the action. I also liked it because it borrowed a lot from Oot. A lot of people didnt like that, but I sure did! There was also a TON of gameplay. (I think like 75 hours or something like that) Well theres my predicament. I really cant decide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom