• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Anime/Manga?

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
I love the series Mushi-Shi. It was a short run with no overarching plot but was so relaxing to watch

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I have quite a few anime that are my favorite, but despite me being a guy, which I guess would make the stereotype that I like SUPER ACTION MANLY shows, but really, I prefer shows that would probably be considered pretty girly for the most part. As for manga... well.... I find it quite confusing to be honest. It's hard to figure out exactly which order the squares go in when reading, so I have to guess and check, which is a bit off setting. I don't even like watching Subbed anime anyway, so why would I like reading it? xD anyway, that was a really unnecessary rant, here's my lists.

Anime:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The World God only Knows
Angel Beats!
School Rumble
Lucky Star

Manga:
Pokemon Adventures! (xD It's the only manga I've finished :P)

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Huge Manganime fan.

Favorite anime:

Dragon Ball(even though I grew out of it and find it pretty damn stupid now I still love it to death, only the American Spanish dub though)
Evangelion(Best Anime ever)
Haruhi(gotta love this psycho)
Ergo Proxy
Higurashi
Angel Beats
Gundam00
Ano Hana
Code Geass
FMA
and many more

Manga:

Elfen Lied(way better than the anime)
Rosario Vampire(also way, WAY better than it's anime counterpart.)
Death Note(the anime is awesome too)
Psyren(only read like 4 chapters and I loved it)
Deadman Wonderlan(the animu is also pretty good)
Bakuman(the anime has some filler issues)
Ultimo(why hasnt this gotten an anime yet!?

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
My favorite anime and manga has to be Soul Eater. Although I have only watched the first 13 episodes, I just love it. My favorite thing about it is the atmosphere and setting. During day it seems nice and peaceful, not to mention the bright colors really liven it up. During night it reminds me of one of the posters for Majora's Mask. The night in the realm of Soul Eater has purple skies but the thing that makes me like it more is how they can make the night dark and eerie, yet make it bright and colorful. The characters are also great, Soul has to be my favorite because he reminds me of myself. Second is Death because he is different than what you think of as Death he was the light comical voice. For some odd reason I really like Spirit, he is just a hilarious character. The story is pretty great as well, but I will not get into that because I do not want to give out spoilers. Another thing that makes me love this anime is the Sun and Moon. I find it just hilarious that both the Moon in Majora's Mask and the one in Soul Eater have faces. The Sun is also constantly smiling and laughing which is creepy in its own rite. Soul Eater also has a fantastic Opening and Ending cinematic. I like the ending better because the characters look very cool in a different style and I like the song (even though I almost absolutely despise J-pop I am more of an Iron Maiden fan myself). Well that is it for now, thanks for reading and have a good night.

Conor

the over analysing guy
One Piece, Death Note, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, seeing as two of those anime's have finished I only really watch one piece now, and I have a nice collection of all the death note books to pretty up my shelf :)

ok, i dont know what age this is, but Rave Master. I can't get my hands on the 1st book, but I love the 2nd and 9th ones! (the only ones I've had a chance to read)

i previously got done watching Gunslinger Girl (both seasons)
it had a good story line, and it was pretty badass to watch. Had great opening and ending songs, id recomend it, but if you are not a fan of violence and blood then dont :>

ok, i dont know what age this is, but Rave Master. I can't get my hands on the 1st book, but I love the 2nd and 9th ones! (the only ones I've had a chance to read)

I finished #4 a week or so ago! Now I'm on #5, and I forgot to mention Naruto and the Zelda Mangas [and a little bit Miki Falls...].

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Either The World God Only Knows or One Piece. They're pretty much the only two series I keep up with weekly.

Though, I give an honorable mention to Higurashi and Angel Beats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom