• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Anime/Manga?

T

TalesOfFan

It's really a three-way tie for me with Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and the U.C. Gundam series.

amaterasu

Writer
My fave anime is You Are Umasou which is an adorable dinosaur anime you can find on YouTube

My fave magna is Maximum Ride. I've read the actual books, but only a little of the magna. Well. The magna that's in the back of the maximum ride books, which is a little bit of the first... :O

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
-Cowboy Bebop
I would have to say my favorite animes would have to be Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Dragon Ball.
It's really a three-way tie for me with Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and the U.C. Gundam series.

Ah, and all the Cowboy Bebop fans come out of the woodwork! I just recently got into Cowboy Bebop, actually. After I finished Samurai Champloo (my current obsession) I found out that the director, Shinichiro Watanabe did Cowboy Bebop first and checked it out. I can only get my hands on the dub so far, but I'm in the middle of the series and really liking it. I love the attention to music styles in Bebop (jazz) and Champloo (hip hop), it really makes the series distinct.

my personal favorite is Bleach because it has a good balance between great action, awesome characters, and humor.

my second favorite is Rurouni Kenshin due to similar reasons (Kenshin is probably my favorite anime/ manga character)

I've always loved Naruto, Inuyasha, and Fruits Basket. Those there are big three. There are a small mesh of others that I fancy but they're aren't mega-series. :)

M

Morningspirit23

For me, probably Bleach. But you know, people, there's a Zelda manga too. But it's ok if you have other favs.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Ah, and all the Cowboy Bebop fans come out of the woodwork! I just recently got into Cowboy Bebop, actually. After I finished Samurai Champloo (my current obsession) I found out that the director, Shinichiro Watanabe did Cowboy Bebop first and checked it out. I can only get my hands on the dub so far, but I'm in the middle of the series and really liking it. I love the attention to music styles in Bebop (jazz) and Champloo (hip hop), it really makes the series distinct.

Oooo I forgot about Champloo. That was a good show! They need to put it back on Adult Swim soon along with Code Geass or Blood+. But, anyway..I agree. One of the main reasons why I like Bebop is because of the music. Its so relaxing and it fits so well with the show! The "hip hop" music in Champloo was alright. I couldn't get into it though. :<

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Oooo I forgot about Champloo. That was a good show! They need to put it back on Adult Swim soon along with Code Geass or Blood+. But, anyway..I agree. One of the main reasons why I like Bebop is because of the music. Its so relaxing and it fits so well with the show! The "hip hop" music in Champloo was alright. I couldn't get into it though. :<

They actually play Champloo on the Funimation channel now (although I'm sure that's not available to everyone, I have Verizon fios, or whatever it's called) but they repeat episodes a lot, and don't really play them in order. I've been watching on JustDubs.net, and eventually sucked it up and just bought the series on Amazon :P I think I liked Champloo's music more than Bebop actually. Good or bad hip hop aside, they snuck in a few really nice piano tracks too.. I'll admit I've downloaded most of the songs..They make for nice ambient songs! The music for me is like a bonus, the real reason the series is my fave is because of the characters, the art, and the minimalistic story.. BUT I digress.

I think they still show Bebop on Adult Swim sometimes, pretty late at night, though, and again, not consistently :/ I remember Blood+, I tried getting into it way back when I liked Naruto, and couldn't really sink my teeth into it. Maybe I should give it another chance lol

H

HayGonJinn

I'm not really big on anime but my friend watch Phantom: A Requiem for a Phantom, which is pretty sweet. There's a lot of character development and some pretty sweet action. If you like a great story you should definitely check it out.

I'm an anime/manga enthusiast. As such, I always have a hard time choosing favorites, because there are not many genres of anime/manga I DON'T like. Examples I DO like include Comedy, Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Ninja, and Science-Fiction manga/anime.:) I DON'T like Yaoi, Bara, Josei, Shota, Hentai.:dry:

(if I had to chose)
Favorite Anime: Death Note, E's Otherwise, Beck.
Favorite Manga: Ultimate Muscle, Death Note

In actuality there are far too many to list!

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
They actually play Champloo on the Funimation channel now (although I'm sure that's not available to everyone, I have Verizon fios, or whatever it's called) but they repeat episodes a lot, and don't really play them in order. I've been watching on JustDubs.net, and eventually sucked it up and just bought the series on Amazon :P I think I liked Champloo's music more than Bebop actually. Good or bad hip hop aside, they snuck in a few really nice piano tracks too.. I'll admit I've downloaded most of the songs..They make for nice ambient songs! The music for me is like a bonus, the real reason the series is my fave is because of the characters, the art, and the minimalistic story.. BUT I digress.

I think they still show Bebop on Adult Swim sometimes, pretty late at night, though, and again, not consistently :/ I remember Blood+, I tried getting into it way back when I liked Naruto, and couldn't really sink my teeth into it. Maybe I should give it another chance lol

Nope, I unfortunately don't have that channel. I'd love to trade you Disney XD for it though, if you'd like lol. JK. Did the series ever finish completely? or was it left "open book"? I can't remember now! Anyway, the music from Champloo did have its own style. Its just the rap that threw me off a little bit. I also liked the characters too especially Jin :rolleyes: . He was so cool!

And yeah, the people on Adult Swim have been repeating all of the Bebop episodes soooo many times. Its ridiculous lol. But, you should try watching Blood+ again. Its really good, and its kind of sad at the same time. And like Champloo; the music for this series is a plus x100!

Squirrel

The Rodent King
My favorite anime is either Bleach, Naruto Shippuden, Full Metal Alchemist, or One Piece.
They're all pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom