• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Very First Video Game?

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
About 11 years ago, when I was 5 years old. Me and my father went to Toys R' Us, and he bought me a Game Boy Color, and to the Game Boy Color I received Pokémon Pinball!! :D
I still play it sometimes today!! :)

Pokemon pinball was such an awesome game. I still have it and the original battery that came with the cartrigde for the rumble pack still works after all these years :O.

Anyway, my first game was probably Commander Keen. My dad bought the floppy disc so that we could play the game on his laptop. I never could get past the third city I think, eventually the game crashed and it didn't work anymore :(. My first handheldsystem was a cheap thing called brick game, which had tetris and a lot of other simple games. I can remember I got to level 14 (out of 15) in a game where you were a space ship made of tetris blocks and you had to avoid other space ships. The last level was so fast that you couldn't see the obstacles anymore :P

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I belive my first ever videogame that I owned personally was Mario Kart Super Circuit for the Game boy Advance. I loved that game. It was the first game I played almost every day I could, and I took it everywhere and always tried to beat my previous scores. I was so determined. :P

I stopped playing it when I got some new games, followed by a Gameboy Advance SP. Pokemon was my obsession after that :D

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well my first videogame came in, on Christmas night when I was 6.

I got a GameCube limited Edition that came with 3 games:
Luigis Mansion
Metroid
Zelda Collectors Edition

I did not understand Luigis Mansion (so yeah LM was my fiirst game) then I tried Metroid but it got "kidnapped" because my cousin got a GameCube without any games.
So yeah I was left with Zelda.... I finished OoT (except Ganondorf) then finished 100% MM (and like 5 years ago defeated Ganondorf) and finish playing the rest of the series.

Those are some good first three games mate^

I seem to recall some weird Frog based Edutainment game. When I was a kid I'd used to sit on my dad's lap and play that on his computer (which at the time was the only one in the house. Now we have at least 4, including a laptop. How times change...)

But the first proper game would probably have been Maniac Mansion. Which, being about 4 or 5 at the time. I found impossible. Then the PC died and we got a Super Nintendo with Super Mario All Stars. Joy!

The Original Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon Series. Ah yes, I fondly remember the days when those series were great. Now they suck.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
My first favourite game was Montezuma's Revenge for the Atari 65XE.
First game for the NES was Contra.
And first Zelda was Ocarina of Time for N64.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The first video game I ever played most likely was Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt on the NES, and that was when I was 4 or so. Another game that I also played as one of my first video games was the NES Metroid. The first Zelda I ever played was OoT, and I was 9 at the time.

Jedizora

:right:
Donky knog country for the snes. Now just remmber that this was when the game cube. I Rember thinking that the snes looked amazing, until I saw my friends gamecube. The first game I actually beat, unfortuatly, was mario party 6.

Magatha

Magatha
Well, if you define "videogame" as a game played on a machine which is powered by electricity, then the first game I have ever played is The Addams Family Pinball machine that my dad has in the basement. And it is still my favorite.

If this doesn't count, then I'm pretty sure it might have been pacman.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I honestly have no idea, because I would have been about 3 or 4 years old at the time.... although, sadly, I'm pretty sure it was Hamtaro for the Gameboy color xD

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Um...well my first console was the gameboy advance SP (yeah...dunno) and I actually think it was something like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro...:xd: Then Crash Bandicoot again on the PS1. But when I got my first Nintendo DS (when I was 8, I still have it now after 5 years :lol:) my first game was Animal Crossing Wild World, I loved it...still playing it after 5 years and then of course it went something like: Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zeldaaaa! :D

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well, my first ever video game was either Lilo and Stich: Trouble in Paradise, or Startshine Legacy: The Pine Hill Mansion. They were both for the PC.
Starshine Legacy is a video game series where you try to save the world from evil through horse riding. I thought the idea of it was kind of ridiculous, but it was actually a fun game.I got the second game in the series first, but now I have all four.

Last edited:

LANZZ

Scarecrow
My first ever video game was Crusader of Centy for Genesis...

thumbnail.aspx

Thestory centers on Corona, a boy who has just turned 14 years of age. It is time for him to inherit his father's sword and fight the "monsters" that threaten the human race's very existence, attaining animals to help his quest along the way. I took around 4 hours to beat it..........

This game was an RPG game similar to Zelda. You all should try it...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom