• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Very First Video Game?

Diddy Kong Racing was the first video game I ever owned. Banjo-Kazooie was the first game I ever bought with my own money and the first game I ever beat. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are pretty much the most nostalgic video games for me.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
My First Video Game was for the PlayStation It was Spyro the Dragon. Then When I upgraded to PlayStation2 it was Shadow of Colossus (fun game yet hard) And When I upgraded to Wii it was Brawl. And My DS I got Kingdom Hearts lol all the firsts but very first was Spyro which I still have lol

Valexi

Hylian Thief
My first video game was the first Legend of Zelda
:)
I started playing when I was 5 years old.
My parents used to play Zelda on their NES when they were dating, and they passed down their console and games to me.
The first game they put on for me to play was Zelda, the rest is history.
But, looking back, I have no idea how I beat that game at that age.
I just recently started replaying it, and it's REALLY HARD.
And back then I had the patience to bomb and fire every single bush and rock until I found something!
That's seems insane to me now.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
That's a difficult question to answer, since I've played video games since I was about 5. For some reason, I can remember playing some sort of Mario game on the SNES. My mom had one and for some reason the memory of that game (I can't remember the specific game) always stuck with me. That may have been my first. I only played it once or twice though. The first game that I played that I was absolutely HOOKED to was Majora's Mask. I played it every single time I went to my grandpa's. He had lots of other games such as OoT, Space Invaders and a bunch of other really popular games but for some reason I only wanted to play MM. It was my favorite video game and still is, for so many reasons. :) My very first console was the PS1 and I remember being addicted to Driver and some low-budget game called Poy Poy. LOL. My first Zelda game that I owned was WW. It's such an amazing game! My first computer game was the Sims, and I still play that game for hours every day.. I'm.. still.. addicted.. help.. me..

I hope that answers your question..

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
When I was about 3, my babysitters daughter had an N64. I only remember playing Super Smash Bros. and some wrestling game (my older sister says that they also had Pokemon Stadium, but I don't remember that). The first game system that I owned was the GBA SP (still works!). The first 3 games I got for it were (got them all at the same time), Pokemon Firered, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and, I'm not sure about, Avatar: The Last Airbender. I haven't beaten the latter 2 yet.

hmmmm... thats a tough one! i've been playing for as long as i can remember. i think it was sonic the hedgehog when i was three, but i also remember my older brother playing super mario 64 a lot before then (he played it so much that "mario" was my first word) so i may have played that. but i remember being a huge fan of pokemon, so i may have played that too ( i know it was the first game i owned) i'm just going to go ahead and say sonic the hedgehog was my first.

Kybyrian

I got into video games when I was about 6 or 7, I can't quite remember. The very first video games that I remember playing, though, were Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, so I was around 7 or 8 then. I'm not sure when Super Mario 64 came out, but I had to be around that age when Ocarina of Time first came out.

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
well my gaming history is a bit complicated.. haha. Most of my games were hand me downs from my brother when he got new systems. From my brother.. I got the NES first - and I had a TON of games but all that I really remember playing on it was StarFox, Duck Hunt, and Super Mario. I got my brother's gameboy whenever Gameboy colors came out (we still have it!) and I played a game with a boy that looks like cupid. I don't know what it's called. Then the Super Nintendo - This is when I REALLY got into gaming. I watched (and also took turns playing) A Link to the Past. It to this DAY remains special to my dad, brother, and I. (I kept this system for the longest because my brother really liked the N64 and played it for a LONG time) I had a bunch of games for this one too, the ones I remember the most (and I still have..) are LttP, Paperboy 2, Frogger, Ms. Pacman, some Namco games, and SUPER MARIO BROS! I then got my hands on my very first platform I could call my own; the very first playstation! I never got any games for it (weird..) but I borrowed DOOM from my uncle and thats all I remember getting to play on it before it broke. I immediately was given a Gameboy Color hand me down. I dont remember what I played on this. My brother bought a Game Cube his freshman year in college and let me have the 64. I played a TON of Mario 64, and Cruisin the USA (haha.) After he left for college his junior year, he bought a PS2 and gave me the GC. The GC is still mine to this day. The first game that I can officially call MINE that I hand picked out and was touched by no one before me was The Legend of Zelda; The Wind Waker! (I know, took some serious time.)

I feel like all of that wasn't entirely necessary.. lol but to put it simply; first game played was StarFox. First game that was actually mine; Wind Waker.

Pen

The game is on!
About 11 years ago, when I was 5 years old. Me and my father went to Toys R' Us, and he bought me a Game Boy Color, and to the Game Boy Color I received Pokémon Pinball!! :D
I still play it sometimes today!! :)

Pinball_Coverart.png

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think mine was Donkey Kong or possibly Pac Man. My family had an Atari 2600 when I was small and I remember lots of little games on that - this one military one where you and a friend (or sister) would be tanks or planes and shoot at each other, we had the game that was put out by the band Journey... I remember having that one game put out by Kool-Aid that my mom sent in proofs of purchase for!

I also remember playing games at school - the original Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

My age, let me show it to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom