• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What was your most recent purchase?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Well, quite a few things as it happens:
  • A pound of Macy's Apples & Hives wildflower honey, the best damn honey I've had, and I plan on buying three more pounds of it.
  • Three different strains of yeast:
    • Lalvin's 71B for a brew that I have planned. Best yeast for wines and meads in my opinion.
    • Red Star Premier Rouge for fixing the current brew that's stalled.
    • Safale S-04 beer yeast for hard cider as a present to my wife.
  • Four glass gallon carboys that came with bungs and airlocks.
  • Four extra bungs.
  • Washer cleaner.
  • Dishwasher cleaner.
  • Car radio transmitter so I can finally use my phone to listen to music because Samsung decided to remove the headphone jack on their newer model of phones. (Still pissed about it).
  • Transparent sticky notes as a present to my wife. She's into office supplies and artsy stuff like that.
Now, you heard me right, my current brew stalled, hence the large I order I placed to Amazon.

To fix a stalled brew, it requires splitting the original one gallon batch into two batches, filling the remainder up with water, and pitching in new yeast.

Bummer, but it means instead of a one gallon batch as planned, we get two gallons now! So there's the silver lining.

So I needed at least one more glass gallon carboy, to bring my total containers up to four. Because you don't just have to worry about the fermenter, with brews, I do at least two rackings. One to get it off of the lees/trub, and another just before bottling.

That means for two one gallon batches, you need two one gallon containers to rack to.

Anyhow, just needed one, but it was honestly cheaper to buy them in a four pack, and I needed more yeast. But since I'm also thinking ahead to other brews, I figured I should just buy the yeast I'm going to need anyways.

The others were things we needed.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I decided to buy Lost Planet 2 for some reason.

On a whim, I decided to see how much Lost Planet 2 would cost me on Steam. It was there that I discovered that the game had been removed from Steam "at the request of the publisher" due to Capcom wanting to sort out issues relating to the phasing out of Games for Windows Live. After a moment of research, I discovered that the game has been missing from Steam for a year. This created a fear of missing out in me, since that sort of thing happened to Alpha Protocol.

Then I checked various legitimate key websites to see if any Lost Planet 2 keys were still floating around in the void. Thankfully, there were some floating around with $20 price tags on them. Fearing that a game I previous held little interest in would at some point thereafter become totally inaccessible to me (through legal means), I shelled out a couple bucks and snatched up a Steam key.

And that is the long, short story about how I acquired Lost Planet 2, a game I probably won't play.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A set of grilling tools for my dad for Father's day. I got him a card with a "dads love to grill" joke to match. Funnily enough, my brother also got a card with the same kind of joke despite us not communicating what we were getting for him.

It do be true I guess. Dads do be loving to grill.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
A friend of mine was selling his demon slayer books. I bought all 23 of them off of him for $100, which is actually a really great deal considering a box set is $160 and to buy them individually new is about $250. I'm also glad my parents were chill with me getting them considering they arent big manga fans. Now I just have to figure out where I'm gonna put them lol.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I finally discovered some Ys merch. I bought matching Adol and Dana pins. Sobbing as I wait for them to arrive in 4 to 20 business days.

Ys-VIII.png

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Grow bags! I discarded some pumpkin seeds that I thought had moulded but turns out they have actually been growing all along so I planted them in grow bags today!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
A license of Guitar Pro 8, because two features sold me on it. I can write and transcribe in odd time signatures accurately, and I can write nested tuplets, finally!

Goodbye, TabIt, you're now worthless.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
A bicycle, I think. It was about 3 weeks ago but I can't remember if I've really bought anything since so.

Well actually I guess I did order some cute tops online that haven't arrived yet.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I went online to purchase a laser pointer for my cat after seeing a friend using one with their cat recently and ended up buying a bunch of cat and dog toys for my pets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom