• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
The Zonai need to be abandoned. They were a lazy explanation for so much lore…

c36cc3c7273f8c7da9e4519b7ed0682f.jpg

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The Golden Goddesses, Sages, and Spirits of Light.
Those elements are definitely consistent, yeah. I tend to think of stuff such inconsistencies as stuff like the Zonai, Hyrule beginning as a kingdom, and the whole thing with the Majora banishers/Twili/spooky shadow people.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
Those are just characters, and all of them are always changing, @Daku Rinku.
Whether it be an appearance or characters they represent entirely.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Those elements are definitely consistent, yeah. I tend to think of stuff such inconsistencies as stuff like the Zonai, Hyrule beginning as a kingdom, and the whole thing with the Majora banishers/Twili/spooky shadow people.
Well it helps that Majora and Spooks ended up in other dimensions/ worlds like Termina and The Twilight Realm which doesn’t harm the Hyrule Kingdom origins as much. The Zonai Heresy (yeah I hate it) lazy retcons lore; hey Zelda your great ancestor is Goat Being.. well then what is the issue with Pig Ganon/ Beast Ganon? Maybe he is mesnt to be Zelda’s new love (being sarcastic).

Oot is also homeless
Both those games exist as prequels of what came before. If you move zelda 1 to the front, their stories are no longer contextually relevant to the series as a whole
Consider the following timeline:
-LoZ (link fights ganon with the magical sword)
-AoL (Link rescues the First Zelda from her cursed sleep, also no mention of the Master Sword)
-[Skyward Sword Prequel stuff happens, i.e. the demon king rises in power, Hylia moves her people to the sky, etc.)
-Skyward Sword (the master sword is forged from the goddess sword)
-[people return to the surface, etc.]
-From here the timeline goes as officially published: Minish cap
-Four Swords
-OoT (first game where the master sword becomes relevant since SS in the timeline)
-Failure timeline->LttP, oracle games, etc
-the timeline Link grew up in->Twilight Princess
-The timeline Link left behind->Wind Waker etc.

Literally the only difference is that the first two games move from the end of the Failure timeline to the beginning of the whole timeline, leaving everything else intact.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Oot is also homeless
Both those games exist as prequels of what came before. If you move zelda 1 to the front, their stories are no longer contextually relevant to the series as a whole
Technically didn’t he have a tree in Kokiri and since he goes back to Young Link he has right to it till he is adult again.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Consider the following timeline:
-LoZ (link fights ganon with the magical sword)
-AoL (Link rescues the First Zelda from her cursed sleep, also no mention of the Master Sword)
-[Skyward Sword Prequel stuff happens, i.e. the demon king rises in power, Hylia moves her people to the sky, etc.)
-Skyward Sword (the master sword is forged from the goddess sword)
-[people return to the surface, etc.]
-From here the timeline goes as officially published: Minish cap
-Four Swords
-OoT (first game where the master sword becomes relevant since SS in the timeline)
-Failure timeline->LttP, oracle games, etc
-the timeline Link grew up in->Twilight Princess
-The timeline Link left behind->Wind Waker etc.

Literally the only difference is that the first two games move from the end of the Failure timeline to the beginning of the whole timeline, leaving everything else intact.
A link to the past exists as a prequel to LOZ. You can't just put ALTTP after LOZ and say "see it works now"
the same ganon exists now in two completely different time periods, and in the wrong order

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom