• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Between The "1st Demon King Calamity in "T.O.T.K Past" and "Ocarina of Time", 500 years pass and 5 game titles.
(includes T.O.T.K Past as title)

(Koume and Kotakes life span, is this timeframes datum)

The "2nd Demon King Calamity" "T.O.T.K Future" is 10,000 Years, After "T.O.T.K Past".
So between "OOT" and "T.O.T.K Future/Present" there are..
"6 master swords",
"17 game titles" and "9,500 years".

("Zel-dra" the "Master Sword(s)" and the "10,000 years" between "Calamities" are the datums for this timeframe).

I also firmly believe this is the "2nd" "10,000" year cycle of the "Imprisoned".

We hear of a "Mogma" Hero in game lore, before "SS".
Also the historical records of the "Original Calamity" set in stone before the "1st Demon King Calamity" (T.O.T.K Past)
then the 2nd "Demon King Calamity" (T.O.T.K Future/Present).

The evidence and existence of a
"Calamity" Pre-T.O.T.K past,
Hyrulian kingdom pre "Skyward Sword",

The "Ancient Hero Aspect" and dare i say it,
"Sheika/Zonai Tech" in "Skyward Sword".

helps back the plausibility of another 10,000 year cycle before "SS". :eek:

Last edited:

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I believe there are 2 races of Rito,
"Highland" and "Coastal" Highland Rito came 1st (Ref OOT Manga)
Where as "Coastal Rito" evolve from the Zora.
(I despise the Zora "Evoloution" arc)

Also..

The "Folkka" are "Coastal" Rito that diddnt finish their "right of passage" to obtain their wings.... ;)

View attachment 73591
If the fokka are rito, I'm calling the watarara rito as well. I feel like there was another bird race in the old valiant comics...I'm going to check the internets.

Edit: Oh, and the fokkeru would be little rito who did do their wing ceremony. So...rito.

Edit 2: Looks like I was wrong, not finding what I thought I remembered from the valiant comics. Thunderbird was there though and he's a humanoidish bird as well.1000008282.png

Last edited:
If the fokka are rito, I'm calling the watarara rito as well. I feel like there was another bird race in the old valiant comics...I'm going to check the internets.

Edit: Oh, and the fokkeru would be little rito who did do their wing ceremony. So...rito.

Edit 2: Looks like I was wrong, not finding what I thought I remembered from the valiant comics. Thunderbird was there though and he's a humanoidish bird as well.View attachment 73597
I am insinuating the "Watarara" are the highland Rito offshoot, yes.

Last edited:
Not all incarnations of Link must have Zelda as a romantic interest examples are the Hero of Twilight with Midna and Ilia ALTTP/Oracles/Awakening Link with Marin and possibly the Hero of Time with Malon

i like the idea of an incarnation of Link losing against Ganon that's why i like the Downfall timeline a reality where the Hero of Time is defeated by Ganondorf i would like to see more stories like that because it's boring to see all the Links winning

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not all incarnations of Link must have Zelda as a romantic interest examples are the Hero of Twilight with Midna and Ilia ALTTP/Oracles/Awakening Link with Marin and possibly the Hero of Time with Malon

i like the idea of an incarnation of Link losing against Ganon that's why i like the Downfall timeline a reality where the Hero of Time is defeated by Ganondorf i would like to see more stories like that because it's boring to see all the Links winning
Man, I'd love for one game to actually have them to commit to it. Better that than one VA coming out later and saying, "Yes, I totally think they're dating even though they never do anything as a couple to indicate there's any sort of interest there."

Man, I'd love for one game to actually have them to commit to it. Better that than one VA coming out later and saying, "Yes, I totally think they're dating even though they never do anything as a couple to indicate there's any sort of interest there."
The only incarnations of Link and Zelda that i see that were a couple is SS Link and Zelda and BOTW/TOTK Link and Zelda maybe NES Link with Zelda I

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The only incarnations of Link and Zelda that i see that were a couple is SS Link and Zelda and BOTW/TOTK Link and Zelda maybe NES Link with Zelda I
I tend to say none of them, since I don't Link has ever expressed the slightest interest in anyone romantically. :eyes:

I just feel like that sort of thing needs chemistry to work and Link is about as volatile as a jug of hotdog water

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I tend to say none of them, since I don't Link has ever expressed the slightest interest in anyone romantically. :eyes:

I just feel like that sort of thing needs chemistry to work and Link is about as volatile as a jug of hotdog water
you can't convince me that him and zelda weren't about to get it on in the ending of zelda 2

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
This is meant to be a fun discussion thread about unpopular opinions you may have about the Zelda series. For example, I don’t love Ocarina of Time as much as most and I think that almost every Zelda title that succeeded it is a better game in most ways. I think that the gameplay and story are rather lackluster when you compare it with successors like Wind Waker or Majora's Mask. But that’s just my take on it. So, what are your unpopular Zelda opinions?
Zelda 1 set the precedent, but the game itself sucks and is too difficult even with a guide. I'm thankful I didn't play games back then lmao

Skyward Sword is better than Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom combined.

(I think that would be unpopular, my understanding is the internet does not like Skyward Sword, but critics did so what do I know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom