• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Has Been Your Biggest Duh' Moment in Zelda?

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I was young when i did this, so I didnt know any better. My cousin helped me up until the last spiritual stone because i was a pansy of a child. I was trying to get the Ocarina of Time to play the temple of time after Zelda threw it into the water...I thought it was a blue potato for some reason. I thought Link was suppose to EAT it...not PLAY it. I tried to ask all of my family members what an Ocarina was. They thought I was talking about the macaraina (the dance). So I thought the notes were suppose to be dance moves. Which means I thought Link was suppose to dance the macaraina while eating a blue potato...I must of been the dumbest child EVER!!! It took a year for me to actually decide to look up

Lol i remember that! We used to get up & dance to it for some reason.

My Duh moment was when I was trying to get Ilia & the Zora Prince to kakariko village. I kept going in a circle for 2 hours until i realized a flying enemy was dropping bombs & i had to kill it. I HATE flying enemies.

Purple_Rupee

They call me Ammi
I got stuck right after beating Lake hylia I read the stone and realize I get something from it but versus doing what it said "shoot for the sun" I spent about 20 minutes trying to push it, bomb it, hammer, slashing, ocarina, deku nut, etc.... then I spent the rest of the time trying to figure out were I could find a giant canon or projectile like object I could hurl at the sun and my little sister came in and I asked her what she thought it meant and she said (she was only a 7 year old) "have you shot an arrow at it?" I said yeah I shot the stupid rock but it wont move! And she said "no I mean at the sun" So I did.... and spent the rest of the day face palming myself. -lol-

Y

Yoshi

Slightly Traumatic Experiences in Gaming.

Has anybody ever had a point in a game where something shocking happens making you to scared to do something, even if you easily did it before.
this has happened multiple times for me in zelda. the most prominent ones would be:

Getting caught by a wallmaster. however I'm almost over this one.

Getting jumped by a big octo during the endless night. (not something you wanna run into when the sky is super dark and scary.)

The imprisoned escaped the second time i versed it. (Took me ages to work up the courage to vs it again. and i don't wanna replay skyward sword because i know its there waiting for me)

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Yeah, the first time I did the Lanayru trial in Skyward Sword. I was going through it trying to find the tears for the first time, almost found them all, and then got caught by a guardian. Scared the heck out of me. I got so frustrated that I turned the game off and went to bed. Then I had a nightmare about the whole thing. I was Link in the desert trying to find the tears, being chased by guardians, and eventually I found a door where the Lanayru mine entrance is, and climbed up to the top of the tower and found the last tear, then woke up. It was another two days before I finally turned the game back on and finished the trial. o.o

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I don't know why, but in some dungeons there are certain rooms that I don't want to go into. There is no pattern, but it just happens sometimes. Also, the trials in SS. I have trouble going out of the circle. I have some thing about leaving an area that I have already explored when there is something potentially dangerous on the other side of that barrier. And then on SS when you go to sealed ground for the first time and you have to seal the spike, I though that I would have to fight the imprisoned because I had seen videos of him before and I was reluctant to do it.

I often experience trauma while playing videogames. This usually occurs out of fear, nervousness, or anxiety. Occasionally, I want to throw my controller to the ground and smash it or poke my eyes out and be the next Oedipus.

While engaging in the playthroughs of Legend of Zelda games, this does not occur too often, however, the problem certainly continues to exist.

There are several key moments when this occurred for me in Zelda:

First encounter with Deku Baba-Ocarina of Time

Hey, I was only a little child. Those freakish plants scared me until I went pale! No joke!

The Moon-Majora's Mask

That sadistic crater filled monstrosity with its crazy smile still manages to frighten me to this day.

Twili-Twilight Princess

These creatures along with Zant creeped out. I was already older then, however, seeing the dismal atmosphere created by these creatures reignited all sorts of violent passions in me.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
I would have to say the first time going onto the moon in Majora's Mask. It was just... nerve-racking and unsettling. I had heard so many infamous rumors about the "moon children" so I had been a bit unsure about even completing the game. That is all. (thanks for your time!)

Yesterday I had another very 'great' moment. Right now I'm playing through OoT the second time. When I went in that room with the two Iron Knuckles in Ganons Castle I thought "Hey cool! Wake one, kill it and then slash away the other! Just like the last time" So I wanted to wake up the first Iron Knuckle with my sword, but what happended? Yeah, both awoke at the same time. I nearly cried when I noticed that...-.-

Din Akera

Sniper
The best one I ever had was from the water temple in OoT MQ. I was stuck in the waterfall room and couldn't advance. I knew there had to be a switch somewhere and I was running around like and idiot in the little entrance way and looking all over the walls and platforms, or lack there of, and getting angry, lol. Rish looked up from his book and asked what was wrong, told him I didn't know how to advance and there had to be a switch or something somewhere and that I'd been looking for like 10 minutes. Having never played it before, this was his response. "hm. Did you look up?" I hadn't, so i did. The darn thing was right above me the whole time! Rish burst out laughing and I facepalmed pretty bad.

L

lucasnator

In the beggining of the Water Temple when you need to change the water level for the first time, i was in the right room and I played the right song and it did not work. I spent the next 2 days wandering around the temple until I asked a friend. He called me stupid and told me to do what I had done first. So i got home and went to the room and played the song and FML it worked.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I think one of the biggest 'duh' moments I've had is when I was playing OoT 3D and I was playing the Mast Quest version. I was currently in the Dodongo's Cavern and I was trying to figure out how to blow up something that was on the lower level. There was a bomb flower on the top level and for I couldn't figure out what to do for the longest. It wasn't until I finally caved in and looked on ZD to find out what I had to do to get past that part. I then had the biggest facepalm moment ever when I realized that all I had to was throw the bomb down to the lower level where the door was.

You have no idea how stupid that made me feel. Ah well, gotta laugh about now. XD

xXNami-sanXx

Hey! Listen!
Both of mine are from Skyward Sword!!!
1. Skyview Temple - getting frustrated at the eye...It follows your sword, but you can't attack it. Each time you get close to it or throw a Skyward Strike at it, it closes. Ahh! :mad: Out of frustration, I started to swing the Wii remote around! Then it blew up!!!!! :S
2. Searching for the flame in the Ancient Cistern - forgetting that I could shake the Nunchuk underwater in order to throw myself onto an area that I could not reach otherwise....
:dry:

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
Let me set the scene for you guys:
It's 1998. I'm 8 years old. Ocarina of Time is of the first games I've played. I got to Zora’s domain. I had the bottle, I had done EVERYTHING up until that point, but I couldn’t get into Jabu-Jabu’s Belly. I had NO idea what to do… I tried, and I tried, I went to shops to look for Bottled Fish, but I didn’t have enough Rupees. And so, with sunken spirits, I gave up. For MONTHS.

I replayed the game to that point a few times, knowing that I had barely scratched the surface of the game. A few months had passed, with school, or whatever I was doing back in the day, when I decided to try the game again. I quickly got back to Zora’s domain when it struck me – I had an empty bottle. There were fish in the water. I tried to see if my idea worked, and of course it did.

Gigantic facepalm to end all facepalms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom