• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Has Been Your Biggest Duh' Moment in Zelda?

Taggerung115

Warrior
It would probably be in Twilight Princess when you first become Wolf Link and you find yourself in the cell. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the cell. lol.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
My biggest facepalm ever hapened in Twilight Princess. It was the Palace of Twilight, and I was on my way to Zant. I got to the Boss door, but realized i didnt have the Big Key. I looked at my map and saw 6 chests that i hadnt opened. I retraced my steps opening all the chests until there was one. I went on the exact spot my map told me to go, and there was no chest. Alright. Maybe I have to kill all the enemies in the room. Nope. I spen hours and hours in that one spot, completely dumbfounded. I had no idea what to do. I had promised myself i wouldnt use a walkthrough so i didnt. And then it all changed.

It was time for dinner, so I paused the game. When I came back i picked up the wii mote and slipped on the wrist strap without touching the nunchuk. I un-paused it, and somehow my nunchuk hit the c-button. As i go to pick up the nunchuk, i move the control stick down. I look at the screen and there it is, the clawshot target directly above me. *facepalm*

Had to be trying to find the lens of truth. In the past I was inside the windmill for some reason, and then decided I hit a dead end and was going to warp back to the temple of time, when the music staff came up. What was said in the future all made sense then...

that also rivals with the STAMP thing in Phantom Hourglass XD

K

keetlem

Skyward Sword;Earth Temple; Standing on the big stone ball in the lava and not noticing the crack in the wall for over 45 mins until my son comes in the room and says whats that daddy? He's 6..............

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
For my two friends, in Spirit Tracks, the part in the water temple where you have two re-arrange the swords in the stone lizard mouths. For me, either in the stone temple from Majora's Mask, when I had to kill the living statues to get a key, or in the water temple in Ocarina of Time, where you're in the pillar room, when the water rises to reveal a hidden passage. No, seriously, if not for that, I would've beaten that game about four or five years ago.

That would be me attempting to do anything in the original Zelda on the NES. I still have no idea what to do, I have to resort to guides haha.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm only like ten years old, I'm not that far in OoT, I'm supposed to find Zora's Domain. So, I'm going all over the place, but no Zoras! I've passed by this waterfall a few times, I pulled out my Ocarina a few time too, to see if I could summon the Domain. When I pull it pout on this litte peice of stone I hear a sound that means "you've got it!". I'm like "Hooray! Now what?" I play a bunch of songs(all the ones you know at that point except Zelda's Lulliby:facepalm:) but nothing happens. So I give up and search other places. Nothing works, its time to go to bed and I leave the game there for about a week. I feel bad about leaving the game there at such an early point so I come back to it. I go back to the waterfall and look around. On the little piece of stone that I though was insignificant and just there for decoration I see the triforce. I remember "Hey! That's the royal family's symbol!". I'm thinking hard as to what that could mean, then it hits me. I need Zelda.:( So I've given up on everything and I stop playing for a long time. I come back(about half a year later) and now, maybe, I'm smarter. I go back to the waterfall, pull out my Ocarina and play all the songs.(this time I also play Zelda's Lulliby) the waterfall parts and I am free to go to Zora's Domain. INSTANT FACEPALM THERE! How could I possibly forget to play Zelda's Lulliby?! I could have done this MONTHS ago had I played it then! But yeah, that's the biggest facepalm moment I've ever had with a Zelda game.

There are sooo many times... I remember more than once I was trying to go forward... like jump somewhere and it just was not working then my little sister walking by... "why don't you climb up that ramp over there"... or "bomb/ shoot that" ....
grrrrrrrrr..... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom