• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I've been playing the Wii U port of Wind Waker. I've only ever played the Gamecube original, so it's nice to see the game in brighter HD.

I do miss the Tingle Tuner, useless as it was.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I've been playing the Wii U port of Wind Waker. I've only ever played the Gamecube original, so it's nice to see the game in brighter HD.

I do miss the Tingle Tuner, useless as it was.
I prefer the original controls for changing the wind direction. In the original you just had to press the direction you wanted to be in, in HD you have to slowly scroll through to the direction you want it to be in. Which is really stupid, pointless, and completely unnecessary all at the same time. Like, why did they need to change it? If it ain't broke, don't break it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I prefer the original controls for changing the wind direction. In the original you just had to press the direction you wanted to be in, in HD you have to slowly scroll through to the direction you want it to be in. Which is really stupid, pointless, and completely unnecessary all at the same time. Like, why did they need to change it? If it ain't broke, don't break it.
Yeah, that's such a weird change. I noticed that too and I'm not a fan of it. I guess it's meant to work hand in hand with the camera changing to look in the direction you'll point the wind to, but I'd rather just be able to free look it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
they made quite a few unneeded changes in HD, off the top of my head: A to use enemy weapons instead of B, the boat automatically slows down when approaching an island, king of red lions' mouth doesn't move anymore? boat grappling hook and boat bombs are also different buttons if I remember right instead of just the buttons you assign those items to

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
boat grappling hook and boat bombs are also different buttons if I remember right instead of just the buttons you assign those items to
this ones actually a great change because it means you don’t have to have the bombs or grappling hook equipped if you’re on the boat. It frees up the buttons for other items like bait or the bow.

The real weird thing about WWHD is what they didn’t change. The games now in widescreen and there are multiple cutscenes where you’ll see things off to the side that you shouldn’t have. Link just standing still awkwardly when you approach Medli as she’s playing her harp on Dragon Roost comes to mind.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
this ones actually a great change because it means you don’t have to have the bombs or grappling hook equipped if you’re on the boat. It frees up the buttons for other items like bait or the bow.
I think my concern more so is why not both? having that option there is good but why disable using the button you have the item on? either way this less an unneeded change and more me being an old fogey

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I think my concern more so is why not both? having that option there is good but why disable using the button you have the item on? either way this less an unneeded change and more me being an old fogey
Is it disabled? I don’t remember that, but I guess I never bothered equipping them on the boat anyway.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
they made quite a few unneeded changes in HD, off the top of my head: A to use enemy weapons instead of B, the boat automatically slows down when approaching an island, king of red lions' mouth doesn't move anymore? boat grappling hook and boat bombs are also different buttons if I remember right instead of just the buttons you assign those items to
The auto-slowing does bother me. I'd rather make the decision to slow down than have the game decide for me. It falls into that same camp as auto-jumping.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Finishing up Persona 4 Golden. Since borderlands 4 was announced I’ve decided to play through the series again. I didn’t realize how short Borderlands 1 was because I 100% it in 10 hours. I need to play all the dlc though which is where most of the content is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom