• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm 3 trophies away from Platinuming Ratchet and Clank and it's become quite a boring grind trying to fully upgrade each weapon. I swear this is a staple of Insomniac games. I remember having this exact gripe with Sunset Overdrive and even Spider-Man which got very monotonous and repetitive.

This is my first experience with a Ratchet and Clank game and while I did have fun on my first playthrough, I did find it hard to connect with the characters, world, and story. This was in large part due to how disjointed its story is presented which just inserts movie clips in place of cutscenes.

I hear fans of the original weren't too pleased with this remake either, which is shocking because I remember hearing nothing but good things when the game first launched on the PS4. While I have no prior experience with the series to compare it to, I can definitely see the ways in which this game feels like soulless corporate slop to tie into a feature film.

Whatever fans may find endearing or charming about the series, I can only imagine isn't present here because neither Ratchet or Clank display any sort of personality or chemistry as they hardly interact here despite both being present throughout the entire adventure.

Saint Ravenboo

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I'm 3 trophies away from Platinuming Ratchet and Clank and it's become quite a boring grind trying to fully upgrade each weapon. I swear this is a staple of Insomniac games. I remember having this exact gripe with Sunset Overdrive and even Spider-Man which got very monotonous and repetitive.

This is my first experience with a Ratchet and Clank game and while I did have fun on my first playthrough, I did find it hard to connect with the characters, world, and story. This was in large part due to how disjointed its story is presented which just inserts movie clips in place of cutscenes.

I hear fans of the original weren't too pleased with this remake either, which is shocking because I remember hearing nothing but good things when the game first launched on the PS4. While I have no prior experience with the series to compare it to, I can definitely see the ways in which this game feels like soulless corporate slop to tie into a feature film.

Whatever fans may find endearing or charming about the series, I can only imagine isn't present here because neither Ratchet or Clank display any sort of personality or chemistry as they hardly interact here despite both being present throughout the entire adventure.
I have the first game on the PS2, and it's a hell of a lot better. I can tell you that. The first game on the PS2 may be rough around the edges in terms of gameplay, but considering it's the first and it's series, it's to be expected. But the story is top notch on the original. Oh, and yeah it is a staple to have getting all weapons upgraded a grindfest. Happens in every game in the series.

Last edited:

Saint Ravenboo

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
I have six playthroughs going on, on my Switch. Pokémon: Legends Arceus, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Then I have Paper Mario: TTYD, Breath of the Wild, and Metroid Prime. The first three I have a method to keep them organized, and I have a different method to keep the last three organized. I have a 7th playthrough on the Switch, if you count Crash 1 on the N-Sane Trilogy, but all I'm doing on that one is trying to get all the Platinum Relics now. I also have a playthrough of Ratchet & Clank 1(2001) I'm going through on the PS2. On that one, I'm trying to maximize my bolt yield by going through every single level again when I get an item I need to get 100% from previous levels. I'm also playing Luigi's Mansion (GCN), and Minecraft to build a replica of the Mansion in. And playthrough of Plants vs. Zombies 1, which I'm almost done with on the PC. Struggling to get the Better Off Dead achievement there, so I'm putting it on the back burner with Crash 1. Might, need to do the same with the others off the Switch, until I get the planned stopping for the ones on the Switch. Where I know I can pick it back up after putting them on hold. Then I can focus on the ones not on the Switch. Hoping to get the Mansion in Minecraft by next Halloween. But all of this will be extremely fun for me, can't wait!

Guinea

Much More Than A Soup™
I have six playthroughs going on, on my Switch. Pokémon: Legends Arceus, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Then I have Paper Mario: TTYD, Breath of the Wild, and Metroid Prime. The first three I have a method to keep them organized, and I have a different method to keep the last three organized. I have a 7th playthrough on the Switch, if you count Crash 1 on the N-Sane Trilogy, but all I'm doing on that one is trying to get all the Platinum Relics now. I also have a playthrough of Ratchet & Clank 1(2001) I'm going through on the PS2. On that one, I'm trying to maximize my bolt yield by going through every single level again when I get an item I need to get 100% from previous levels. I'm also playing Luigi's Mansion (GCN), and Minecraft to build a replica of the Mansion in. And playthrough of Plants vs. Zombies 1, which I'm almost done with on the PC. Struggling to get the Better Off Dead achievement there, so I'm putting it on the back burner with Crash 1. Might, need to do the same with the others off the Switch, until I get the planned stopping for the ones on the Switch. Where I know I can pick it back up after putting them on hold. Then I can focus on the ones not on the Switch. Hoping to get the Mansion in Minecraft by next Halloween. But all of this will be extremely fun for me, can't wait!
Oh dang, I couldn't possibly have that many games going at once. A few years ago I was playing multiple RPG's and eventually I mixed up some stuff between the games and decided if I was going to beat my backlog I gotta go one game at a time. Glad you can manage it though, all of those games are bangers.

I guess I'm playing two games atm: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (gacha) and Zelda 2 (i hate it, probably gonna drop it unless it gets really good really fast)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom