• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are Your Hopes for Zelda Wii U?

I want to see the side quests have more of an impact on the world. Most side quests only reward is a heart piece/rupees/upgraded storage item. In Skyward Sword, the overarching side quest is collecting gratitude crystals for Beatraeux. And when finished, Skyloft becomes monster free at night. I think this is a really cool detail that can be so easily unnoticed. I want to see a few more things like this in Wii U.

I want a reward that matters. I swear, if they make the reward for the long-standing quest be rupees again I will beat someone to death. There's nothing more pointless. Most of the time, you've literally finished every other part of the game by the time you get to finishing those quests, and Rupees lost their worth long, long before then. It drives me crazy.

I just hope its more like A link to the Past than Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time was a good game, but I miss the old Zelda style (which was brought back in ALBW so there's hope.)

I'm hoping for a really dynamic, varied overworld. I would love to see tons of different environments and landscapes. Basically an overworld like Twilight Princess' except on a grander scale with more variation.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm hoping for Dungeon>Sidequest focus, a good warp system, the magic meter to be a copy of the meter in ALBW, hoping that ALBW's poor sales was the wake up call they needed to put linearity back in this game, and for the combat to built off TP's since building off SS's seems unlikely.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm hoping for Dungeon>Sidequest focus, a good warp system, the magic meter to be a copy of the meter in ALBW, hoping that ALBW's poor sales was the wake up call they needed to put linearity back in this game, and for the combat to built off TP's since building off SS's seems unlikely.

Thought that ALBW sold pretty well?

On topic: Hoping the game doesn't push dialogue down your throat like SS did in every new area and room to the point that I don't want to play anymore :)

DarkestLink

Not likely DL. ALBW didn't have 'poor sales' at all. It pushed more than 2.1 million units in about two months.

First two months, huh? Wow, something must have really slowed it down because 11 more months just passed and it's sitting at 2.26m sales. This is lower than the DS titles and is the lowest selling Zelda title Nintendo has made (the Capcom titles are the only ones lower).

Back on topic, another thing that would be nice, but I don't necessarily need, is an option to skip cutscenes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
well we have to look at things realistically here...nintendo does what they want for the most part while implementing tidbits of fan feedback as they see fit. the strong reaction that TWW's art style received begot TP's art style. The strong reaction that Skyward Sword's linearity received begot Zelda U's return to LoZ's "open world" though to what extent remains to be seen. so on and so forth. but just because Legend of Zelda U is getting some fresh air from SS doesn't mean it will be the game of the zelda fan's dreams. So keep your hopes low. have some hope, and maybe a daydream or two, but don't hope too high.

as for me, my hopes are that Zelda U will have some foes that take a couple of levels complexity more than the standard foe one faces.

Oracle of Truth

Perplexed
An open world that is teeming with life, secrets, and creativity. If Aonouma can accomplish all that for such an expansive map, then I'm sold.

DarkestLink

@Chocolate Storm

I agree to an extent. tWW and TP has always been a mystery to me. If tWW's sales were bad enough to trigger the alarm, I'm surprised they aren't doing more to appease fans. Yeah, having a majority of your games get half the sales from one on the N64 is never a good thing, but that's more concern for the series than the actual game Wind Waker. As for Skyward Sword, I've heard more complaints about graphics. Complaining about linearity in SS of all games just doesn't make sense. It's actually one of the less linear games in modern Zelda. Granted this isn't saying much since the only non-linear parts are the dragons, but since Majora's Mask came around the Zelda games have been COMPLETELY linear without any room for deviation in the order whatsoever....until Skyward Sword came and then ALBW.

I want to see online multiplayer in this game, either cooperative or competitive. Coop mode could have more enemies per area. It wolud be fun to see a death match style battle too where people battled in a dungeon like arena. There would be spaces for using the clawshot and gaining distances, traps triggered by bombs, items that could be picked up by the boomerang or the beetle, whichever is in the game. A guy can only dream.

I also want to see a dungeon creator. Smash Bros. has already done stage builder twice and Mario is adopting the feature with Mario Maker this year. Playing through fan made dungeons would be fun and add a ton of replay value.

Pen

The game is on!
I want the game to have a linear story but to give the player a lot of freedom nonetheless. Have a neat and well worked out story, but don't force it on to the player. Let the player go his or her own way if they want to, and let them return to the story whenever they feel like it.

I'd love to see a massive overworld (like what we've sort of already been showed), and a whole bunch of dungeons. It would also be cool to have quite a few optional dungeons, and just more optional areas in general than ever before in order to raise the exploration value. A lot of various collectibles that are collected in different ways and some sweet mini-games would also be nice of course.

Finally I think it would be amazing to have a proper second quest available once the game has been beaten the first time. And I don't just mean a harder mode like the ones in WWHD and SS, I want something much more changed, like the second quest on the original LoZ or like the OoTMQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom