• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I'm glad you enjoyed it! the art style isn't usually what I prefer but it's always great to play things you aren't used to. I heard that Twilight Princess was generally considered a good game? Also the storyline sounds unique and seems to fit the art style, so it'll be fun to play
it's good compared to non-zelda games
the wii u version cleans up the visuals a lot as well, but it seems like you don't have a wii u otherwise I feel like you would have gone for the HD versions of these games :p

personally, I think the motion controls are much better than the button controls
the problem is twilight princess was made for the gamecube first so the button mapping doesn't work great on a wii remote imo
skyward sword however goes all in on motion controls to the point where some consider them intrusive
makes the combat fun tho
lolol I've gotten very used to subpar button mapping recently from playing Mario Sunshine and M64 on switch.
I've heard mixed reviews for Skyward Sword, nothing particularly on the button mapping but it'll be interesting to experience

Mikey the Moblin

I've heard mixed reviews for Skyward Sword, nothing particularly on the button mapping but it'll be interesting to experience
skyward sword has one of the best stories in zelda as well, so if you enjoy the stories as much as I do (part of why I appreciate wind waker so much is because of how well developed the story is) then you should be willing to put up with the more negative aspects of the game for sure
I also enjoy skyward sword trying to look at it as if I was a game designer, seeing the creative re-use of space in the surface world

it's good compared to non-zelda games
the wii u version cleans up the visuals a lot as well, but it seems like you don't have a wii u otherwise I feel like you would have gone for the HD versions of these games :p
guilty as charged,, I've had my Wii since it was released. Tbh I know that people like better visuals but I find I don't care all that much either way. Unless it's really bad...

Mikey the Moblin

guilty as charged,, I've had my Wii since it was released. Tbh I know that people like better visuals but I find I don't care all that much either way. Unless it's really bad...
it's pretty hard to see what's actually going on for about a third of the game in the wii version on account of the darkness, low polygon count, low resolution, and obstructive particle effects

skyward sword has one of the best stories in zelda as well, so if you enjoy the stories as much as I do (part of why I appreciate wind waker so much is because of how well developed the story is) then you should be willing to put up with the more negative aspects of the game for sure
I also enjoy skyward sword trying to look at it as if I was a game designer, seeing the creative re-use of space in the surface world
I'm trying to get better at appreciating and reading through stories in games, so I'll make sure to pay attention now I know the storyline is a good aspect. The art style seems pretty unique and looks nice, I can't speak on the re-use of space yet though aha

Mikey the Moblin

I'm trying to get better at appreciating and reading through stories in games, so I'll make sure to pay attention now I know the storyline is a good aspect. The art style seems pretty unique and looks nice, I can't speak on the re-use of space yet though aha
the art direction is definitely one of the highlights. When I was playing on my old 45 inch tv it was sometimes all too easy to forget the game was 480p just because of how holistic the art was

it's pretty hard to see what's actually going on for about a third of the game in the wii version on account of the darkness, low polygon count, low resolution, and obstructive particle effects
Low poly Link is iconic, how dare you :')
That's kinda funny though, imagine not being able to see the game lol

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I played Twilight Princess on the Wii U with the HD remaster, so I haven't seen the Wii version, but Wii graphics look fine imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom