• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

fun story, I was rummaging through my old wii console things to play MK again and found a copy of Skyward Sword. I had no idea that I owned a copy, but I think I'll play it or twilight princess through

I said I was considering playing Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, but I actually ordered a copy of Wind Waker for GameCube to play in my Wii and it arrived. I've started playing it and wow oh wow it's such a great game. Honestly, I think it'sahead of its time because if it was released today I'd still consider it a great game and the art style is still refreshing and just *chefs kiss*. I consider it the second best Zelda game after BOTW. I'm not even halfway through but I absolutely love it so far. I'm looking into ordering a classic controller for the Wii to play TP and SS because I enjoy gameplay more with that format. If anyone hasn't played Wind Waker I'd absolutely recommend it (although considering that this is a Zelda forum I assume the vast majority have lol)

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I said I was considering playing Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, but I actually ordered a copy of Wind Waker for GameCube to play in my Wii and it arrived. I've started playing it and wow oh wow it's such a great game. Honestly, I'd consider it ahead of its time because if it was released today I'd still consider it a great game. I consider it probably the second best Zelda game after BOTW. I'm not even halfway through but I absolutely love it so far. I'm looking into ordering a classic controller for the Wii to play TP and SS because I enjoy gameplay more with that format. If anyone hasn't played Wind Waker I'd absolutely recommend it (although considering that this is a Zelda forum I assume the vast majority have lol)
only second best?
eh, I'll take it

only second best?
eh, I'll take it
It's a hard and painful decision to make. I initially was thinking of it as the best, but BOTW has so much more content and is so gorgeous. Despite BOTW being a long game it was still really enjoyable for me, and the open world concept it has is done extremely well. I think though the fact that Wind Waker is still great after all these years definitely makes it a worthy contender for best Zelda game, and a hard one to beat at that

Mikey the Moblin

It's a hard and painful decision to make. I initially was thinking of it as the best, but BOTW has so much more content and is so gorgeous. Despite BOTW being a long game it was still really enjoyable for me, and the open world concept it has is done extremely well. I think though the fact that Wind Waker is still great after all these years definitely makes it a worthy contender for best Zelda game, and a hard one to beat at that
I don't think it's fair to judge content comparisons since botw is a much bigger game; when you compare botw's content to wrpgs that came out 5+ years before it botw comes away lacking, but I def agree that wind waker's artistic choices paid off, making it visually ageless

I don't think it's fair to judge content comparisons since botw is a much bigger game; when you compare botw's content to wrpgs that came out 5+ years before it botw comes away lacking, but I def agree that wind waker's artistic choices paid off, making it visually ageless
You're right. Wind Waker is absolutely a phenomenal game in itself. I was more coming at it from a point of what I consider my favourite games, but of course that creates the idea of me speaking objectively and discrediting other people's opinions which isn't fair. For me, I'd rank it as such for my favourite games. However, objectively, Wind Waker can't compare to any other game and, as of now, it has done so many things such as standing the test of time that no other Zelda game has done (that I know of) which in a way makes it possibly the best Zelda game currently as no other Zelda game has done what it did years ago. I couldn't disagree with anyone considering it the best game in terms of their favourites because it's such an excellent game in its own right

I’m sorry to inform you, but TP and SS don’t work with classic controllers, only motion controls.
thank you for informing me I appreciate you saying before I ordered the controller,, That's disappointing, but I suppose the games were made in a way that best showed the intended functionality of the Wii. Hopefully the motion controls are good :')

Mikey the Moblin

thank you for informing me I appreciate you saying before I ordered the controller,, That's disappointing, but I suppose the games were made in a way that best showed the intended functionality of the Wii. Hopefully the motion controls are good :')
wait! You can get twilight princess for the gamecube instead

wait! You can get twilight princess for the gamecube instead
Thanks for letting me know! I'm tempted, but I do already have it on Wii. I know I could sell it and buy the game cube version, but that seems like a lot of effort. Maybe it'll be fun playing in a way thats different to what I enjoy?? Fingers crossed

Mikey the Moblin

Thanks for letting me know! I'm tempted, but I do already have it on Wii. I know I could sell it and buy the game cube version, but that seems like a lot of effort. Maybe it'll be fun playing in a way thats different to what I enjoy?? Fingers crossed
personally, I think the motion controls are much better than the button controls
the problem is twilight princess was made for the gamecube first so the button mapping doesn't work great on a wii remote imo
skyward sword however goes all in on motion controls to the point where some consider them intrusive
makes the combat fun tho

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I was the same. I did play WW on GC first, but I still enjoyed TP on Wii regardless. Hopefully you can as well.^^
TP's controls are generally much more reliable than SS, so that may help too.

I was the same. I did play WW on GC first, but I still enjoyed TP on Wii regardless. Hopefully you can as well.^^
TP's controls are generally much more reliable than SS, so that may help too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! the art style isn't usually what I prefer but it's always great to play things you aren't used to. I heard that Twilight Princess was generally considered a good game? Also the storyline sounds unique and seems to fit the art style, so it'll be fun to play

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'm glad you enjoyed it! the art style isn't usually what I prefer but it's always great to play things you aren't used to. I heard that Twilight Princess was generally considered a good game? Also the storyline sounds unique and seems to fit the art style, so it'll be fun to play
Yeah, TP is one of the best in the series, if you ask me. And tbh, waggling the Wiimote to swing a sword is pretty fun. Hope you enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom