• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Doing In Zelda?

Hi guys, I am relatively new to Zelda games since I started playing them for the first time during the last year (I got a Switch with Breath of the Wild). After completing it, I decided to dive into the series through the oldest games available with Switch Online and played the first one.

I loved it and have been intrigued even more with this franchise.
After taking a break, I returned on it for the 2nd Quest and that's what I am actually doing.

My goal would be to finish it without using guides, but I'm starting to think that's almost impossible or requires too much dedication.
Actually I am stuck because I can't find any dungeon other than the first, second and fourth
(where I can't progress without the flute).

Have you got any tip for a rookie who wants to progress on his own?

Thanks in advance!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Hi guys, I am relatively new to Zelda games since I started playing them for the first time during the last year (I got a Switch with Breath of the Wild). After completing it, I decided to dive into the series through the oldest games available with Switch Online and played the first one.

After taking a break, I returned on it for the 2nd Quest and that's what I am actually doing.

My goal would be to finish it without using guides, but I'm starting to think that's almost impossible or requires too much dedication.
Actually I am stuck because I can't find any dungeon other than the first, second and fourth

Thanks in advance!
Well if you're looking for directions to the third dungeon,
Starting at the beginning area (where the cave with the old man is) go north one screen. Then, go west 4 screens. Once you arrive there go south once and east once, you should find the dungeon entrance somewhere there.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you find the flute until the fifth dungeon.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian

Thanks in advance!
If you found a lot of caves or secret areas in the first quest, open those first! All of them are in the same place and many dungeons were moved to the secret rooms from the first quest. Don’t be afraid to look at a guide! The first game is tough and not very player-friendly, if you think it’ll be more fun to get help then you absolutely should. Zelda Dungeon has some great guides for the Hyrule Fantasy.

Some more tips for finding stuff:
  • There can generally only be one entrance to a sub-area per screen
  • Bombable walls will not be on the corner or on the border of the screen; however, they are often one tile away from a corner
  • Blue Moblins drop loads of bombs
  • You can bomb/burn more than one tile at a time with strategic placement
  • Once you get the feel of finding secrets, it becomes a lot easier than most people give it credit for
  • Remember that you can walk through some dungeon walls in the Second Quest and that not all rooms will show up on maps
  • Be sure to check all the dungeon entrances from the first quest

If you found a lot of caves or secret areas in the first quest, open those first! All of them are in the same place and many dungeons were moved to the secret rooms from the first quest. Don’t be afraid to look at a guide! The first game is tough and not very player-friendly, if you think it’ll be more fun to get help then you absolutely should. Zelda Dungeon has some great guides for the Hyrule Fantasy.

Some more tips for finding stuff:
  • There can generally only be one entrance to a sub-area per screen
  • Bombable walls will not be on the corner or on the border of the screen; however, they are often one tile away from a corner
  • Blue Moblins drop loads of bombs
  • You can bomb/burn more than one tile at a time with strategic placement
  • Once you get the feel of finding secrets, it becomes a lot easier than most people give it credit for
  • Remember that you can walk through some dungeon walls in the Second Quest and that not all rooms will show up on maps
  • Be sure to check all the dungeon entrances from the first quest

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

I found several hidden spots bombing walls and burning trees following these logics, randomly came out the entrance to the seventh dungeon, this will prevent future headaches!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you find the flute until the fifth dungeon.

Nope, at least during the 2nd Quest, I had to surrender to this and checked where it is located.
Hidden room inside the second dungeon, passing through a false wall...this really is too much to discover by myself

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm still playing TP, although I haven't much this week. Today I finished the Arbiter's Grounds, and I am sad to say that in doing so I failed my goal of not using a guidebook. The dungeon very rudely gave me the spinner two rooms before the final boss fight, and because of that I didn't realize that I could use it to attack. I kinda just spun around bumping harmlessly against the boss until I'd had enough of that and used the guide. But now that that's all done I can move on to finding the other mirror shards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom