• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
yet you assume it was ok to say to call the police on him when he could be 3 or 4 for all you know, my reaction is not that serious, just that it was bit of a interesting conclusion you jumped to, you could've asked how old he is first
Yeah. I should have asked first. But still, if they're old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, it's usually comes at around two and a half to 4 years old, you're old enough to have morals.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Legend
you might want to consider talking to your parents about your lil bro potentially mistreating the pets and scold him a bit more harshly if you see him doing it again
shouldn't your parents also watch what he's doing too? if he's causing the cats that much stress, it can't just be you that has to keep an eye on him
well at the time that happened it was just me and my siblings at home, but when my parents are here they notice as well. Basically all of us at some point has told him to stop doing something to one of our pets but he doesn't seem to listen very well. I'm not that good at scolding compared to my sis, mom, or especially my dad. I tend to just say "STOP" in a harsh tone, get him away from the cat, and then say "leave the cats ALONE" and that's it.

I don't really know what else to do about it, since we've all been scolding him about it so often. Hopefully it'll lessen soon, he also as a bad habit of hitting/slapping me, my sis, and my other brother playfully even when I tell him to stop it. I know he doesn't mean to hurt anybody but it's frustrating when he won't listen.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
well at the time that happened it was just me and my siblings at home, but when my parents are here they notice as well. Basically all of us at some point has told him to stop doing something to one of our pets but he doesn't seem to listen very well. I'm not that good at scolding compared to my sis, mom, or especially my dad. I tend to just say "STOP" in a harsh tone, get him away from the cat, and then say "leave the cats ALONE" and that's it.

I don't really know what else to do about it, since we've all been scolding him about it so often. Hopefully it'll lessen soon, he also as a bad habit of hitting/slapping me, my sis, and my other brother playfully even when I tell him to stop it. I know he doesn't mean to hurt anybody but it's frustrating when he won't listen.
maybe try to emulate your sister or your mom on that front to emphasize what he's doing is not acceptable, aside that I do hope he'll get the message real soon

ExLight

why
Staff member

Uh how old is this sibling again?

ExLight

why
Staff member
Yeah. I should have asked first. But still, if they're old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, it's usually comes at around two and a half to 4 years old, you're old enough to have morals.
ur not gonna convince me kids that still wear diaper and think the taller glass has more water will understand modern ethics that even academics from the 18th century weren't able to follow

he turned 5 a couple months ago
this type of behavior at this age seems to still be somewhat normal
from what I've been finding online it starts getting a bit more worrying between 7~12 years old

maybe try having him waste all his energy in other stuff like sports and other activities like crafts?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Legend
maybe try having him waste all his energy in other stuff like sports and other activities like crafts?
that's a good idea, I'll try to encourage stuff like that. He's a really sweet kid other than this stuff, loves to play video games, loves to draw, loves plushies and making houses out of blocks and everything, I have a lot of fun hanging out with him as his big sis. Hopefully soon he'll grow out of this sort of thing

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Ableism is what annoyed me today.

Context: when you're autistic or ADHD (or both, like me), executive functioning is not the greatest, so you learn strategies to externalize the ones you struggle with, and seek support and accommodations when you need them.

I asked my wife to remind of things I've agreed to, but forgotten about, or if a future plan or project conflicts with other things we've already planned for.

So, in that vein, I said as much on this Instagram video, that because I'm AuDHD, I sometimes need reminders from my wife.

Then this happened.

1000003580.jpg

If you're neurodivergent in anyway, just know that according to some neurotypicals, your conditions aren't an explanation, they're an excuse, and they know what's best for you, better than you, even though they're not autistic or ADHD, so they have no clue what they're like.

Hence my response.

I wish I could say this is an isolated incident, but it isn't. It happens way more often than you'd think.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
Ableism is what annoyed me today.

Context: when you're autistic or ADHD (or both, like me), executive functioning is not the greatest, so you learn strategies to externalize the ones you struggle with, and seek support and accommodations when you need them.

I asked my wife to remind of things I've agreed to, but forgotten about, or if a future plan or project conflicts with other things we've already planned for.

So, in that vein, I said as much on this Instagram video, that because I'm AuDHD, I sometimes need reminders from my wife.

Then this happened.

View attachment 77478

If you're neurodivergent in anyway, just know that according to some neurotypicals, your conditions aren't an explanation, they're an excuse, and they know what's best for you, better than you, even though they're not autistic or ADHD, so they have no clue what they're like.

Hence my response.

I wish I could say this is an isolated incident, but it isn't. It happens way more often than you'd think.
Yeah my mum last night told me my neurodiversity isn’t real cuz they changed terms. You see I was diagnosed ADD with High Functioning Autism, but since 1994 they have renamed it ADHD Inattentive instead of ADHD Hyperactive. She said the change proves they are just making stuff up.. I reminded her terms have changed in psychology before such as Manic-Depressive is now Bipolar Disorder. That this change is not proof ADHD does not exist..

Frankly I am thrilled they changed it, it took time to explain ADD which is less familiar than ADHD to people, so now I get to just say ADHD.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Yeah my mum last night told me my neurodiversity isn’t real cuz they changed terms. You see I was diagnosed ADD with High Functioning Autism, but since 1994 they have renamed it ADHD Inattentive instead of ADHD Hyperactive. She said the change proves they are just making stuff up.. I reminded her terms have changed in psychology before such as Manic-Depressive is now Bipolar Disorder. That this change is not proof ADHD does not exist..

Frankly I am thrilled they changed it, it took time to explain ADD which is less familiar than ADHD to people, so now I get to just say ADHD.
A better rebuttal is:

"Yeah mom, in 1930 we just discovered Pluto, what's your point?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom