• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Was Majora Hard?

Kirino

Tatakae
Was he?I think so_On my first try i had 3 fairys and it took me a while to figure out his first form so i lost a fairy.He was beaten easily once i figured it out.then Majoras incarnation .only lost about 5 hearts.nothing too hard.then Majoras Wrath.i used both of my remaining fairys on him.i was about to die but then beat him.i ran out of arrows so i had to do it the hard way.using the Fierce Diety Mask is sooooo easy.just by using it its an automatic win.you havent really beaten the game until youve done it without the mask.So was he hard?Was he easy?Discuss!

Kirino

Tatakae
Alot of people think he is impossibly hard without the FD mask.honestly,hes not that hard.alot of people have also never beaten him without the FD mask.i didnt even have the FD mask when i first fought him.he is one of my favorite bosses to fight in zelda though.

I think he is really hard. It took me four fairies or health potions (I don't remember which) to beat him without the FD Mask. And while we're on the subject of MM bosses, I thought Twinmold was hard as hell too because I kept running out of magic.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
He's not all that hard but is challenging because of being so quick (besides the Majora's Mask form). By quick I'm not necessarily talking about how Incarnation & Wrath move around the room as fast as they do, but their attacks are extremely quick and you can get hit with multiple attacks if you get knocked down.

Majora is without a doubt my favorite boss fight in MM and among my faves out of the Zeldas that I've played.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
For me he was one of the easier bosses in the series, even without FDM. But I also had ~18 hearts, reduced damage and the Great Fairy Sword even on my first playthrough. I think Nintendo wanted to make Majora also beatable for the casual gamers who maybe have only ~10 hearts, only the Kokiri Sword and no defense upgrade. Of course this makes things a bit harder, I'll do a 3 heart run of MM soon and then I'll see.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
He's the hardest final boss of any Zelda game, and the hardest boss of any 3D game. With the FDM, he's easier than Gohma, it's just mashing the B button. The first time I fought him I expected a not so hard fight. I died many times!

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
He is such an awesome boss, but sadly I found him easy. The FD mask just makes it too simple. Without that mask though, he's hard but not so much where I would say hes something to be worried about. Incarnation was very simple, hilarious as well lol.

Eh... I still have to try to beat Majora's Mask and its other forms without the Fierce Deity Mask. I was in a rush and I didn't feel like getting those last Heart Pieces again (especially the one in the Goht sub-dungeon) because I had to go somewhere (I can't remember where). With it, he was way too easy :bleh:

However, I do remember I tried it on an emulator, with cheats on of course. I just wanted to get a taste of what I was in for before I got the actual game. I was in for a rude awakening...

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
If you wear the Fierce Diety mask the entire time you are fighting him, you'll beat Majora in five minutes at the most. Two minutes at the least. He was easy that way. Without the Fierce Diety mask, he was a little challenging, but not by much.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Having beat him both ways, I'll say this.

Fierce Deity will make the battle pathetically one-sided. Though Link looks absolutely super freakin' BA in his new form, the challenge value is pretty much nonexistent the second you put it on. Combine that with the Great Fairy's Sword, and you're watching the credits within less than ten minutes.

I found Majora to be extremely hard (but so, so fun) without the mask. Considering I was quite young when I beat it, I didn't plan out my strategies and preparations. The battle was absolutely ridiculous. I ran out of arrows and magic, and had to resort to using the boomerang fins to stun, and then hacking away as much as I could while it was down. As long as you have some red and green potion (or Chateau Romani if you don't want to worry about your magic running out), the Great Fairy Sword and are skilled with the bow and timing yourself, then you're basically all set.

Still, I don't mind so much if people use FDM or not. It takes a lot of work to get that mask and serves as a very nice reward for all the running around you did while side questing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom