• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Violet's Hall of Arts.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
So far the acrylic drawings are the best in your art thread. They make feel happy just looking at them. x3
I would love to see how you improve over time in your drawings.

Caesium said:

This idea came to me when I was listening to Wet Hands- C418 (Minecraft Soundtrack).
Tell me what you think about this one.

I like thisss <3 Though, reflection still needs some work. I'm assuming that's over a body of water, right? Well, the mountains would also get a subtle reflection (not too intense because low light), and the moon's reflection should probably be shorter, and wider at the horizon as that is perceptually "closer" to where the moon is. But other than that, I think it looks great! I love the starry sky. <3

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
You know what you could do with the blue one? More contrast. You used a lot of shades of blue and I can see you were trying to establish an overall connecting tone, but the blues are all a bit too similar. The night sky for one could be much darker, bordering black, and the mountains a bit darker with a bit of a silhouette perhaps? Letting light from the moon reflect off the mountains just a bit would make it seem that much brighter. Not sure if you were going for a distorted perspective with the curved horizon and elongated moon reflection, it's certainly very nice though. Very soft too :>

I saw a couple of your human drawings earlier in the thread. They are very very nice, especially for someone your age. The one big thing I would advise about those is to make the shoulders less stiff. Shoulders slant downwards slightly, they aren't rigid and square. Other than that they're great, keep at it!

Deeds

no text

This idea came to me when I was listening to Wet Hands- C418 (Minecraft Soundtrack).
Tell me what you think about this one.
I really like this. I think the reflection should be less intense, though. But not by a lot, because I have a feeling that's part of what makes it so interesting.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Last edited:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
So dark. xD
That sword! It's awesome. I can't draw weapons to save my life.
Thanks, Furie. My cousin suggested me to draw a sword, so yeah, there you have it.

Okay. I listened to Song of Healing Music Box version and an idea came to me. This is what was in my mind:

I kinda feel the moon's shape doesn't work for it, though. But I kinda like it. So guys, tell me what you think.

bunny

birb overlord
Vio, I can definitely tell that your art is improving. I can see you're getting much better at shading. I do think the moon should be just a tad more round, though. However, you noticed something wasn't quite there, and being able to tell when something is off is hard for a lot of people. One thing I suggest would be to make your lines more pronounced and smooth but, I know that's really difficult without a tablet...

I think you did a really good job, Vio. Keep it up. =D

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Ooh purple, pretty. I'll forgive your not-perfectly-circle moon because, hey, circles are hard, I know XD
Tell me, do you use a tablet?

I just have one question. Is that cloud in the upper left...behind the moon? Also, a note about coloring clouds at night. The cloud is going to be dark where it is thickest, with fluffy clouds like that, thickest would be at the center. The glow from the moon would illuminate the outer edges, and light would filter through depending on the density of the cloud. Just a thought ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom