• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Violet's Hall of Arts.

bunny

birb overlord
Looks great! I still can't believe you did that with a mouse! That takes skill! Keep it up, Vio! :3

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Here is another Mei Misaki drawing, done with Paint Tool SAI. She's so awesome! And cool. and cute at the same time. and i ship her with Sakakibara.
Anyways, here it is:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Wow! You got really good at that using that new tool quickly! ^_^ These are great Vio! I look forward to seeing more.

bunny

birb overlord
Wow, Violet! You're getting a lot more detailed with your drawings! This one looks really nice! Keep it up. :3

Scoby

France
Your drawings is very beatuiful, But I think you try to do more drawing with pen instead of computer, in my opinion pen and paper drawings are most beatuiful :).
Just my opinion hihi :)

Violet Link

Your drawings is very beatuiful, But I think you try to do more drawing with pen instead of computer, in my opinion pen and paper drawings are most beatuiful :).
Just my opinion hihi :)

Thanks! Oh, it's just because that I can't upload any traditional drawings at the moment. So yeah, I am stuck with digital art :sweat:.

I'm not sure how to word this without it sounding a little stingy, but just know that it's not supposed to be negative feedback--just my onion. I've been meaning to say this for a while, and I think you'd benefit from hearing it, so I might as well say it:

Caesium, I feel you're like my sister regarding your artistic skill. As in, I honestly don't think you were intended to draw people. I know you're into anime and enjoy drawing your favorite characters, but hear read me out.

Seeing your landscape picture awhile back made me realize that the gap between those two fields of design is tremendous, and I think you should go more into scenery. Especially since it seems that you don't to many landscape illustrations, the fact that there is immediate skill is what dictates that's your forte. (Same reason why I was told to look into cartoons, in preschool; my sister was acknowledged for her skill to recreate images nearly flawlessly at the same age).

I'm not saying to drop drawing characters, but I'd definitely recommend tipping the scales and try drawing more scenery and nature (and when I say this, don't forget to include your art style; doesn't have to look like a photograph, if you know what I mean), and do a little less of your people.

With that out of the way, excellent work, as always, Caesium. <3

Violet Link

I'm not sure how to word this without it sounding a little stingy, but just know that it's not supposed to be negative feedback--just my onion. I've been meaning to say this for a while, and I think you'd benefit from hearing it, so I might as well say it:

Caesium, I feel you're like my sister regarding your artistic skill. As in, I honestly don't think you were intended to draw people. I know you're into anime and enjoy drawing your favorite characters, but hear read me out.

Seeing your landscape picture awhile back made me realize that the gap between those two fields of design is tremendous, and I think you should go more into scenery. Especially since it seems that you don't to many landscape illustrations, the fact that there is immediate skill is what dictates that's your forte. (Same reason why I was told to look into cartoons, in preschool; my sister was acknowledged for her skill to recreate images nearly flawlessly at the same age).

I'm not saying to drop drawing characters, but I'd definitely recommend tipping the scales and try drawing more scenery and nature (and when I say this, don't forget to include your art style; doesn't have to look like a photograph, if you know what I mean), and do a little less of your people.

With that out of the way, excellent work, as always, Caesium. <3
Hmm... Hey Mandy, I can draw backgrounds. Maybe you're right. I'll try, okay? :3

Violet Link

Alrighty. From a "kinda" recommendation from Mandy, here's a sunset.... or err, a sunrise. :sweat:

Like what Mandy said, I did go crazy with colors. I enjoyed on how I colored this and everything.. Though, the lighthouse looks weird to me, lol.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Your drawings remind me a lot of myself. I often find myself just drawing random crap to entertain myself during class. I think I drew the guy next to me as an anime character one time. But yeah your drawings are all pretty good. It's cool to see the progression of your talent. It started off pretty simple, but as you posted more and more you can definitely tell an improvement in the overall quality. All I can say is to just experiment with different things until you find a style that you feel works for you and has your own personal touch to it. Don't feel the need to copy others and always try to see if you can innovate. It's much more fun to draw something that you created instead of just copying others works in my opinion. Sure you can borrow ideas, but make it you own.

Good luck and good job so far! I look forward to seeing how you progress in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom