• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
Funny comic, almost defines every thing that twilight is about! I have notice though, people are hating on Twilight even though they never read the books or seen the movie. (I USE to be a hater on twilight.) Yesterday, I went with my friends to see New Moon. I thought twilight was a pile of garbage. Now that I have saw the movie new moon, I did ENJOY it. I mostly liked the fighting scenes and the scene that make you worry about the charaters. I would rate the movie 3 1/2 stars. Because first of all, you only turn into a werewolf at full moon, not any time of the day. And last of all.... Vampires do not sparkle when exposure to sunlight, they burn up.
celebrity-pictures-clint-eastwood-sparkling-find.jpg

Yeah, I've seen those comics before. They're hilarious!

I tried reading the first book, but I gave up at around 100 pages because nothing was happening. The book is so amazingly plotless. And tedious. It's just Bella going about her daily business and squealing about Edward. You'd think they'd milk some drama out of the fact that Edward could kill Bella and that he really really wants to drink her blood. But no. We can't have our perfect couple worrying about being together! Instead we get some other vampire who wants her blood tacked on to the end of the story who is quickly dealt with even after Bella makes the stupid decision to try and fight him herself. When he is a vampire. And she is a human. *facepalm*

The movie is better, but that's only in comparison to the book. It still has the same laughable dialogue and nonexistent plot. Made worse by the awful acting and hilariously bad special effects. Bella has no emotion. At all. None. Neither does Edward, really.

You know what's especially bad? My brother and his friend love the books. No joke. And I have to listen to them tell me about how great it is and that I shouldn't hate it. :mad:

Also, Team Edward Elric.

I have an acquaintance that is completely obsessed with Twilight. She loaned be the book not long after it was released. I have to say, the book was horrible. The writing was drug out and... a lot of events seemed very exaggerated and unrealistic compared to how they would be in actual reality. Bella is also a very unlikable character, I basically hated her from the start. She was extremely depressing and seemed like the only thing she thought of was Edward. Which was boring. Edward had a blah personality, and Stephanie Meyer is a...bad? Writer. I did eventually finish the book just to say that I read it, but it was grueling and uninteresting.

As far as the movie goes, I saw the trailer, and that was enough.

NES

Awesome
Twilight is a crime against humanity -- quite literally.

Team Edward Elric.

Austin

Austin
I (sadly) liked the books, but the movie adaptation was terrible. Honest to god, the first time I saw the trailer, I thought the girl playing Bella was Edward's mother. Seriously.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I hate it to the core. It gets annoying when everyone's saying something like 'Twilight is the best thing ever!' I just hate it. I never read the book but the movie was O.K. I would give it 2 1/2 stars out of five. I even made up a joke where if someone says 'Twilight' or if I see a picture of it or anything, I would say 'Ow my whatever.' I'll give you an example. If someone says 'Twilight,' I would say, 'Ow my ears!'. I even joined the groups 'Twilight Haters' and 'We hate Twilight because it's not Twilight Princess.' Both can be found here at ZD Forums.

EDIT: All right who gave me the negative rep? FYI: Hating something so much doesn't mean I like it. I just don't see what's so good about Twilight. I hate how people talk about it so much.

Last edited:
I like Twilight enough. I'm not crazy about it, and certain aspects I can find fairly annoying, but it's a fun little story.

Frankly I find most of the freakout over Twilight completely ridiculous. And I'm talking from both sides. The superfans seriously need to shut up and leave everyone be (although they have the right to like it and talk about it when it's appropriate), but frankly most of the people I've heard talking about the books who hate them sound like complete brats, IMO. I've constantly heard them bash the book, saying things about it that are blatantly false. Claiming things about the story when in fact it is literally the opposite. I also find it ridiculous that there are people who read it just to prove it's horrible. Don't like it? Don't read it. And you also can't prove anything because it's all opinion.

The argument about it being horribly written is also mostly irrelevant; a moot point. People don't read books because they're written well, although obviously that's a plus. Most people read books because the concept or story itself interests them. Therefore it's entirely up to people's opinions and interests what books will be popular. I read books that are not terribly well written, same with video games actually, as long as the concept interests me enough.

Personally, my favorite thing about Twilight is actually the lore. The vampires are frankly bad-***, and the scientific explanations for what they are are incredibly intriguing. The glittery skin annoyed me at first, until I understood the reason for it. Super strength literally cannot work without super density. The vampires essentially have diamond skin (diamond is the densest stone), which will even crack and such instead of tear. The werewolves also intrigued the hell out of me.

I can understand people disliking it, as there's a lot to dislike, but the bashing and trolling is really childish. Not that Twitards aren't acting like children too, though. They certainly are.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
When I first read it, I'll admit I liked it. I can't remember why though, I think it was because it was such a new concept to me to portray vampires as romantic. But the plot was so...well honestly I couldn't follow it. The interactions between the main characters seemed so unrealistic. The whole Edward watching Bella sleep thing was beyond creepy. The sparkly skin...well after that I felt like I wasn't reading about vampires anymore. It didn't take long for me to dislike the book.

I read the second and third books too since it's really hard for me to kick habits like finishing a book series. I will say I got so bored with them that I can't even remember the plot of either. I chose not to read the fourth book; the summaries I read of the plot made it seem so random and illogical. There were points in the series where I just couldn't figure out what the characters were thinking, what their logic was, or even if they were using realistic logic in response to a situation.

Finishing the first book, I decided I didn't like the series. I will say that I am horribly against the whole idea behind the book now due to unfortunate bias. I tend to judge things based on the public's reactions compared to personal feelings. I felt it was a mediocre book, cheesy bordeline bad. Then I encountered all the Twihards and their ridiculously overboard fangirling. The series does not deserve all that praise in my opinion, so that's about when I decided to hate the series. It's a biased view, I know, but really, I'm pretty sure I hate the Twihards more than I hate Twilight.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmm, I personally thought the movie was okay.. but too gooey and the vampires were weird and some people find it attractive...? I might give the books a go, but it is boring and not fantasy like. For girls that love romance and thrills....(still not for me really)
I perfer to stick to Twilight Princess...

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I like Twilight enough. I'm not crazy about it, and certain aspects I can find fairly annoying, but it's a funny little story.

Frankly I find most of the freakout over Twilight completely ridiculous. And I'm talking from both sides. The superfans seriously need to shut up and leave everyone be (although they have the right to like it and talk about it when it's appropriate), but frankly most of the people I've heard talking about the books who hate them sound like complete brats, IMO. I've constantly heard them bash the book, saying things about it that are blatantly false. Claiming things about the story when in fact it is literally the opposite. I also find it ridiculous that there are people who read it just to prove it's horrible. Don't like it? Don't read it. And you also can't prove anything because it's all opinion.

The argument about it being horribly written is also mostly irrelevant; a moot point. People don't read books because they're written well, although obviously that's a plus. Most people read books because the concept or story itself interests them. Therefore it's entirely up to people's opinions and interests what books will be popular. I read books that are not terribly well written, same with video games actually, as long as the concept interests me enough.

Personally, my favorite thing about Twilight is actually the lore. The vampires are frankly bad-***, and the scientific explanations for what they are are incredibly intriguing. The glittery skin annoyed me at first, until I understood the reason for it. Super strength literally cannot work without super density. The vampires essentially have diamond skin (diamond is the densest stone), which will even crack and such instead of tear. The werewolves also intrigued the hell out of me.

I can understand people disliking it, as there's a lot to dislike, but the bashing and trolling is really childish. Not that Twitards aren't acting like children too, though. They certainly are.

Good post Axle! It's great to hear a guy who has read the series and is not dissing it. Each of your points was really well thought out and it wasn't emotionally charged. Hopefully others will read your post and calm down a bit about Twilight :)

L

look

I never read this book but i saw this movie and love it!

If you like watching DVDs,I recommend you a good site dvdbestonline.com.It's good quality,cheap price,fine package and clear image.Once you register on dvdbestonline.com you can get $5 Coupon which will be valided for 100 days.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
I personally liked the books and am a guy. On that note they are what I call 'popcorn' fiction, books devoid of food for thought and best suited to be laughed at. Where I take issue is when Stephen King validly points out that the writing is terrible when asked off hand at an interview and the twilight fans attempt to attack him with barely cohesive sentences. Also where Shakespeare is quoted in allusion to the main character's romance and when fans are unable to recognize wonderful books like Twilight is the only book they have read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom