• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight

I swear I hate this thing. And I'll say why I hate it unlike the other lazy haters on this thread.

First of all, I think the story is 2% appealing. I love vampires. But this thing just tried to mix vampires with goth. Not really that good. Dracula is awesome. Edward Cullen just defines the word garbage if you ask me. I also hated the dark background and secession from a regular vampire story. During vampire stories, there is no romance, just a guy out to kill a vampire for no reason. Twilight also ruined my idea of Castlevania having a video game with Twilight in the title. I like vampires, but Edward Cullen cannot grasp the definition of vampires.

Reason 2, its now a trend for girls. Every girl I know (that doesn't have much sanity) loves Twilight in one way or another. Just as they do HSM, iCarly, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Fred. And it is just as annoying.

OMG!! Edward Cullen is so HAWT!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!
I LURV ROB PATTINSON HES SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANT WAIT TO SEE NEW MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the time its Edward Cullen but I cannot believe how crazy they go over a freaking goth.

Lastly, its a chick flick. Look at it. It pales in comparison to the original tale of Dracula and Castlevania stories. I hate it because it disgraces vampires worldwide. When I think vampire, I think epic tales of slaying vampires. But Stephenie Meyers needs to learn that vampires don't involve romance. AT ALL. It is such a mess. Vampires are supposed to destroy chick flicks. Not the other way around. I hate it so much I want to drive a stake through Edward Cullens heart.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I haven't seen this piece of junk yet. Why do I call it piece of junk if I haven't seen it? Simple, my friends and relatives that have seen it claim it to be a piece of junk. :D
But I will sometime see it and see for myself. I don't judge a turtle by its shell.

I liked the books. Not to the point of being obsessed, not even close. In fact, I thought it had a few flaws. But I liked them overall. I got into it first because my sister read the first book and said she liked it, and then my other friends said the same thing. So I decided to read the first book, liked it good enough, and read the rest.

The movie, on the other hand, is meh at best. Parts were left out, parts were rushed, actors didn't suit their characters, and so on. I didn't like it. I know people who do, but I thought it was a waste of my time. Good thing I didn't waste the money on it at the theaters!

F

fallen angel

people make such a HUGE deal out of this movie and the books... and personally, i cant stand it... one of my ex's (ugh) read this book to me over the phone for a month straight...hes obsessed with it too, and all id hear my friends talk about how much they love edward. i think its mind numbing...didnt like it then, dont like it now...

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Well, we have a little under 2 months left until New Moon comes out. Anyone awaiting it eagerly? I have to say that I am a little. However, seeing the trailers for it makes everything seem just so cheesy. I realize half of the book is about Bella's angst, but I really don't know how that will translate to the screen.

Twilight.... Um... The books are great. The movie was...eh... Went to see it the day it came out. It was okay, then, but when I was forced to watch it 3 more times, I realized it was ********.

I have disliked the books due to forced description and unnecessary details. But I became more obsessed with hating it than anyone was with liking it. It was rather embarassing. I wrote mean songs about it and everything. But It wasn't that bad of a story, I mean it was a combination of genres that I like and all. I just wish Bella went for Jacob. What's really funny about my sister is that she's team "Jake-ward." :D
Oh and Edward in the movie. He killed Edward; he killed a vampire. But that's just my opinion, not to offend anyone.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I happened to be bored this past week and reread the series for the first time. I figured it might be good since New Moon is coming out in a month.

I also saw a video of the 3 trailers combined and it looks like it will all be fairly close to the book!

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
-(bear in mind it's my opinion)-

I really struggle to understand how a series can be so popular when the main character is one of the biggest Mary-Sues I've ever read. Gee, thanks Meyer, you just destroyed several decades worth of feminism progress. I don't know a single girl who acts like Bella does... so I just don't get how people "can really relate to her" or how people think she's such "a realistic character".

I managed to read through the first book, to give it a chance because I find it hard not to get into any book... but I have to say it was a damn struggle. We really really don't need a page long description of Edwards eyes in the middle of every chapter. We get it, he's supposed to be handsome. Now just leave it and focus on writing a well-planned storyline that actually makes sense, or deepening one of the many cardboard-cutout characters. PLEASE.
The film was better, I have to say, even if it did leave some things unexplained. At least shots of "Edward's" eyes were much better than those pointless descriptions, and the mismatched dictionary-filched language didn't show through :D

Probably what annoys me more than rabid fangirls or a rather bland plotline that really doesn't seem to go anywhere (what plot?) is the fact that whenever I open my mouth to discuss something with my friend, this happens:

"So who's your favourite character in Twilight..."
*gets cut off by fifty million Twitards turning around and begin offering answers*
"...Princess."
*Twitards stare*
"...The Zelda game."
*Twitards continue to stare*
"Never mind."

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS THE WORD TWILIGHT DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THEY ARE REFERING TO THAT SERIES DAMMIT.
*breathes* But hey, if people like it, then I'm not going to hate them for it. If they stick it in my face constantly, then maybe. But otherwise, to each his(or her) own, as long as you're happy with your own opinion :3

Last edited:
I actually heard two stories about Twilight fangirls and their gruesome actions. But I'm not sure if they're true. Here they are word for word (from what I heard)

Four heavyset girls (well no duh) ganged up on one girl. One got her to the ground, drove her knee into her arm, and pulled until she heard a crack. The girl had a broken arm. That was because she didn't like Twilight.

One girl told another that she thought Twilight was okay. It wasn't her thing, it was just okay. The twitard pulled a switchblade out on her and she (the girl who said Twilight was okay) pulled out of the room so fast she almost broke her neck.

A twitard beats a girl in a catholic school (that adds to its disturbance to my sane mind). The twitard started whacking her with a french copy of Twilight. Trying to defend herself, she luckily slapped the book out of her hands. Then the twitard started clawing at her with fake nails. Then the girl stupidly opens her eyes (out of panic or fear probably) and felt a ferocious sting. The twitard ran off and the girl felt her eye was wet. She thought Could it be blood or tears?, but judging by the screams and gasps, it was apparently blood. She discovered she had a huge and infected gash in her eye. (And I thought reading it would make your eyes bleed)

So nice fanbase Meyers. Your book has worked the polar opposite of a miracle.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I don't know that any of those stories are true, but the "twihards" are a bit out of hand, for sure. I have read some interviews from the new castmembers for New Moon and Eclipse. They have been pretty amazed/disturbed by how the main cast members are practically mobbed.

Twilight is one of those book/movie series that anger a whole generation of true writers.

Anyways, this sums it up for me.
20080505.jpg

20080915.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom