• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tranformations

bellum

Gamer since age 2
like what's his name said maybe in a new sequel of TP there could be the option of turning into a twili

Amelie

Air Dancer
I found the masks in MM to be way to tiring and annoying. I liked being a wolf in TP, but who wants to do it again after the last game had it?

So I say no to transformations. For now....

Strange but its the other way around for me.

Masks = fun

TP wolf = boreing.. but we are all different ^^

What if Link turns into a shadow in a future Zelda game?
He could look like Dark Link when he's in shadow form.
This could be a cool idea.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Shadow link would be really no different than link so there's no point in that but I liked turning into other races but maybe in a game you could disguise yourself with a gerudo mask to sneak into gerudo fortress I loved the transformation and will track down anyone who doesnt:P

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
The Return of Wolf Link.

I really would like the oppertunity to become wolf Link again, but not have the transformations as annoying as they were in TP meaning that Link should be given more abilities. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that they probably won't bring him back because you would never be able to transform into the same thing in between zeldas.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I just have two words to describe how I feel about it: PLEASE NO!

Seriously, I would prefer the return of bunny Link rather than Wolf Link...
For starters, I was never very fond of it, but it was bearable.
But bringing it back would be repetitive and annoying, imo

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I really enjoyed the ability to become Wolf Link in TP, although I had to warm up to the idea at first, but I don't think we need it again.

While there's a lot of familiarity in Zelda titles, and repetition of events and tasks, the wolf transformation was more of a one-time gimmick. There needed to be something to give to Link as a new ability for this game. We had time travel in OoT, mask transformations in MM, the sailing aspect in WW to name a few.

I can see where a transformation of Link would happen again, but specifically to a wolf might seem redundant.

I often wonder if this is why PH is not as regarded among fans since there wasn't much of a new mechanic introduced. The sailing was something we'd seen before in WW, and the use of the Hourglass itself wasn't enough of a use. So I suppose the gimmick for PH was the stylus control, and since it wasn't an in-game-world gimmick, it fell flat with some.

I think this would happen again if we were to have the Wolf transformation return. if they were able to really ramp up another gimmick at the same time, then it might be acceptable, but just to have this exact same one return would be a bit of a cop-out, and might not sit well with people.

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I personally liked the idea of Link being able to transform into a wolf in TP, but I wouldn't want it to return though. The reason being is that feature fit well with that particular game and just like what basement24 said (before I posted) that it became the gimmick that made the game different from others.

Another reason I'll add to why I don't really want that to come back is that if that feature (wolf link) is used again it'll quickly become old and will give the feeling that the game series is repeating itself and make it feel as if Nintendo couldn't come up with any new ideas for a gimmick in that new Zelda game. (Pretty much like what basement24 said.)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I liked Wolf Link, but the only way I'd want to see the wolf return is if a direct sequel to TP is made or as just a cameo NPC in a future game that you talk to once and don't bother again.

If there's any past transformation I'd like to see again - it might be the pink Bunny Link. And that just because it's hilarious. I also think it would be fun to see a game make him a more realistic kind of bunny, but still silly.

~Merged "Return of Wolf Link" thread w/ "Transformations" thread~

Wolf Link really wouldn't make much sense in another title, unless it had roughly the same plot as TP. They could work a game where Link could transform into multiple creatures, and not just a wolf. In my mind, it would be a cross between Link controlling the birds in WW and TP, mixed with his wolf transformation from TP, then add some other stuff. Link to become a bird, fish, wolf, maybe even his own horse. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think they might try this in the future....

"The Legend of Zelda: Soul of Nature" or something like that.

On a side note, I really didn't like playing as Wolf Link through most of the game. I wouldn't mind if there were more options to choose from, like that idea I meantioned above, or something close to what MM did. But controlling Wolf Link was boring a lot of the time, IMO.

I do believe that the Wolf thing is one thing I wouldn't be bothered to see but only atleast ONCE more, No more than that, It would be boring and repetitive, Maybe more history on the wolf as a Easter Egg in the game but that is it.

It wouldn't mind to see the other races making another appearance but I would prefer these than the Wolf, These were fun and I really liked exploring the 3 races villages in these forms (Mainly the Deku Palace).

i want transformations to come back! i think its awesome in MM. I think that Link should be able to transform inti different animals kinda like in TP. I would like Link to be able to fly. maybe he should be able to change into a hawk, or maybe an otter to swim, or a horse to run. Using the powers of animals could definitely come in handy in Link's adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom