• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tranformations

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
In the future, do you want transformations to return in the next Zelda game? Should they be as important to the story as MM, or should they just be a form of combat like TP. And if it does come back, what do you want Link to turn into?

It definitely needs to come back and if it does, it should make as much as an influence in the game as the transformations in MM did.
I also want Link to turn into some dragon or a bird if anything, flying is awesome. :D

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. REVIVE FIERCE DEITY LINK!

Fierce Deity Link had no back story. We need him back, but not uber powered.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well yes that's one reason that I loved MM^^ ecpecially zora's and goron and dont forget fierce diety but I hated the deku scrub>.< and I liked transformation by masks

I'd say it would be great to have transformation back, in a new way of course. It was always fun being able to explore as a different creature, especially in MM, as you had 3 to choose from. If it does come back, I hope it'll be something completely different from what we'd be expecting.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It is not something that would be necessary for me. I will probably like the game anyway. If he should be transformed I think it would be nice if it was to a "Lynel" (or something similar). Or maybe something totally unexpected, that could be cool! A surprise is always fun!!

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I think having a game with more transformations would be good. Not another with Goron, Deku, Zora transformations, but something new and unexpected. I wouldn't mind seeing the Fierce Deity come back either. If it was done the right way that is.

Yeah, I'd like there to eventually be another game with some transformations of some kind, whether it be a race transformation like in MM, an animal, or something completely different.
Like a bacteria!!! Awshum idea rite? RIGHT?!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Link as a werewolf could be cool. He could be all good in the day, and all eating people at night. Think about it.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Transformations are just not for me. I didn't like them all that much in MM or in TP. Especially not in TP. I would much rather have Link with different types of tunics or even Masks that give him abilities, rather than have him transforming into something completely different. I liked Majora's Mask better though, because it fit in with the storyline (Deku, Goron, Zora) though, Fierce Deity Link had really no information other than it being Link in godlike form. Using it only in boss rooms sucked though, I mean really. With all the effort used into getting that mask in the first place, why are we so limited by it? Who is going to go back and fight the bosses? I generally don't like these powerful useful items being at the END of the game when the player has no use for them. I'd much rather have them near the 3rd quarter of the game, that way at least you can use them before you beat the game.

In general though, as long as they keep the general feel of Zelda as they have been, these transformations don't bother me too much. The only reason I didn't like being a wolf in TP is because it was so restricted and limited before the Master Sword. I just wanted to get it over with so I could turn back into Link, and that's definitely not how I've felt from any other Zelda game.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont really care very much for it either. Being stuck as a wolf in TP was more annoying then fun and the fact that you could teleport to almost any importent area makes Epona almost useless.

Unless it is something really good.. that isnt boreing or annoying I say just skip it. PH didnt have any and I liked it just fine ^^

I found the masks in MM to be way too tiring and annoying. I liked being a wolf in TP, but who wants to do it again after the last game had it?

So I say no to transformations. For now....

Last edited:
In Majora's Mask, I found transformations to be fun... At times. I liked being able to turn into a Zora and swim easily and efficiently and also roll around as a Goron, but after a while it became a bit annoying.

The transformation in Twilight Princess really annoyed me, and sometimes even made me a little angry. Firstly, the process was a bit inconvenient[I liked how you could transform with the push of one button in Majora's Mask], secondly, I really didn't care for the fact you couldn't transform in any public area, even if you were a few hundred metres from people.

I think if Nintendo were to make transforming a easier and quicker process, and offer a wider variety of transformations, then I would like it back. I also like the idea of wearing masks to gain powers, too.

I liked the idea of transformations alot, and I would like to see it again. As for what you would transform into, I think that would depend on the game. Elements such as plot, world, and even the game's feel (think WW being relatively cheery, or TP being dark,) could be factors in what Link would turn into.

I would like it to be somewhat plot based, but also to have puzzle and combat elements as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom