• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TP Manga pics and Interloper?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
https://m.facebook.com/AkiraHimekawa.4legswing/

The creator of the TP manga has shared some pics of the manga. Most interesting is this new character who is likely a dark interloper.
In.jpg

I know these manga are not canon however Nintendo likely has a say in what gets inputted into these things so I can assume this is the look of the interlopers before they became twili.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Is it just me, or does that new character really scream evil version of Zelda Wii U Link? Sorry, I just can't help but think Zelda U Link when I look at him. His face is so similar Zelda U Link and exactly like what you would see on most manga versions of Adult Link.

Plus, he even has what appears to be a cloak with a similar design choice to Zelda U Link's cloak. The designs are very similar. If you think about it, he does make you think of an evil version of Zelda U Link.

What if Zelda U really is a Twilight Princess Prequel and Zelda U Link becomes one of interlopers? He could be mislead by the actual leader of the interlopers as he stands against his tainted and depressed ancestor, the Hero's Shade! This could explain what Shade meant when he said the following:

Hero's Shade from TP said:
You have at last mastered all of the hidden skills. Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased those regrets. You who have marched through countless foes, each mightier then the last... You who now gaze to the future with vision unclouded... Surely you can restore Hyrule to its stature of yore as the chosen land of the gods. ...Farwell!

Could he have vaguely implied that his "regrets" were that he felt that he failed a descendant who came before TP Link?

Also, now that I think about it, I can't help but compare this idea to Captain America: Civil War! One hero (Zelda U Link in Zelda and Iron Man in MCU) sells out while the other, or rather "former" hero (Shade in Zelda and Cap. in MCU)

And one of the reasons why Link wears blue in Zelda U could imply that time plays a role again somehow and that he has a choice in end, to don the green and be a Hero, or sell out, embracing the deceiving dark light of the interlopers.

That said, Zelda U could have two final bosses, depending on which side you choose, Shade's or the Interloper leader's!

It makes sense seeing as Zelda U is said to introduce new twists and conventions to franchise and that Nintendo wants to make it where Link's actions "heavily effect the game". Implying that Zelda U could be intended to focus on the teaching the valuable lesson that actions do sometimes come with consequences.

It could be made where the player, naturally sees the interlopers as the good guys so they choose that path first, then they realize that the path they took was the evil path, so naturally, regretting taking that path, they go back and choose the side of Shade, leading to a brighter ending.

With all this said, I believe that yes, Zelda U will create a another timeline split with the next game that comes after Zelda U focusing on the bright ending's timeline's parallel to TP.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I think this better prescribes the theory that the Dark Interlopers were the Sheikah.
Agreed, the outfit, arm markings and hand seem a bit off for that. I guess we'll see in the actual Manga.

Is it just me, or does that new character really scream evil version of Zelda Wii U Link? Sorry, I just can't help but think Zelda U Link when I look at him. His face is so similar Zelda U Link and exactly like what you would see on most manga versions of Adult Link.

Plus, he even has what appears to be a cloak with a similar design choice to Zelda U Link's cloak. The designs are very similar. If you think about it, he does make you think of an evil version of Zelda U Link.
I don't think so. His eyes, hair and nose seem different to the usual art style for Link, on top of him only ever being depicted as a straightforward protagonist with no darkness to speak of in canon media. I'm half expecting Zelda U to tie in directly with TP's story due to the proximity of release times between the ZU and TPHD, and would be excited for a direct sequel where we play as the same Link as TP, but I'm not exactly betting on it.

As a side note, will this explore the characters and events in the near future after the end game, or just delve into the backstory and current events?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
@Zonda

I only said what I said cause his appearance really did scream Evil Zelda U Link to me. Also, the guy really does basically look more like Zelda U Link than other Link to be honest. I mean Zelda U Link as it is also looks much different than most Links. And both Zelda U Link and this new Interloper guy both have long hair and cloak. The story in the manga (if there were a canon version of it) could take place some time after Zelda U, when Zelda U Link is older, let's hair grow a little, with no ponytail, a new cloak, and turns evil.

Plus with all this Twilight Princess HD and Zelda U connection craze cause of hints/evidence found in Zelda U clips and the Amiibo support for now, it's safe to say that Zelda U may be a TP prequel.

I don't think so. His eyes, hair and nose seem different to the usual art style for Link, on top of him only ever being depicted as a straightforward protagonist with no darkness to speak of in canon media. I'm half expecting Zelda U to tie in directly with TP's story due to the proximity of release times between the ZU and TPHD, and would be excited for a direct sequel where we play as the same Link as TP, but I'm not exactly betting on it.

As a side note, will this explore the characters and events in the near future after the end game, or just delve into the backstory and current events?

How do you know if Zelda U Link will be good or bad in the end? How do you know that he doesn't have any darkness in him whatsoever? We don't know anything about Zelda U Link yet. We don't know who he is, where he came, or what his role is in the game. All we know about him is what he looks like and that he is a bada**.

So as of right now, so far, all we have is speculation based on what we've seen so far, which is, quite honestly, sadly, not that much.

But from what I can tell, that cloak that Link wears screams darkness and twili connections. Plus, seeing as how Link seems to have have both connections to multiple cultures like the gerudo and the sheikah like the twili and more especially Zant do, for all we know, Zelda U Link could be the precursor to Zant as he does seem to be idolized by and relate himself with the gerudo. Specifically, Ganondorf, just like Zant did.

What if Zelda U Link's backstory is where is left alone to take himself at such a young age that he becomes like the Hero of Time, someone who was forced to grow up so fast so young. Only this Link is more of lone survivor, more like Ganondorf may have been in his early years. And that's why Zelda U Link is so idolized by Ganondorf, hinting at the possibilities of him later re-incarnating in the Twilight Realm as Zant, reborn, still with his idolization and obsession with Ganon.

Though, again, that's just my theory. The point is that, we don't really know for sure who Zelda U Link really is. I we have is the very little hints/clues, visuals, teases, and details that we have so far. So pretty much, that means, just speculation so far.

A Zelda game isn't going to end with Link being evil and setting up the idea of Link as an antagonist in a later game, it's not going to happen.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I mean, everything is a possibility given how little we know, but I don't see nintendo (or any significant writer) going down that path with any incarnation of Link. It would be like 343 Industries going out and turning Master Chief into the Antagonist after being a green icon of Heroism since his first appearance (granted, that was actually advertised in Halo 5's leadup but the campaign was the polar opposite of what was advertised). He's just too iconic as a Hero to be a villain in any incarnation.

Although it would be interesting for Link to have some inner conflict for the sake of Character development, I think they're going to give him a silent, blank slate feel like in most previous games, simply for the sake of not stepping too far outside their own formula, and to make the player self-insert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom