• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TP Manga pics and Interloper?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
A Zelda game isn't going to end with Link being evil and setting up the idea of Link as an antagonist in a later game, it's not going to happen.

Dude, there's clear evidence in both TP and Zelda U that points at the idea that Zelda U Link could eventually be reborn as Zant. I'll with the similarities since that has the most of the evidence:

1) Both look up to Ganon as either an idol or, in Zant's case, a freaking god.

2) Both wear gerudo inspired designs. Proof:

ZfFHtAs.jpg

raj7m0L.png

3) Both fight with blades in a similar fashion, only Zant uses two blades and acts like a lunatic. For example, Zant, much like a Link, can actually perform a hurricane spin or spin attack type move, only except his version is loony and twisted. Watch this part of the final phase against Zant:

If it starts at the beginning, just skip to about 5:28 and watch from there. Notice how it's much like the hurricane spin that can performed in some Zelda games, implying that Zant is somehow familiar with the Hero's Skills. Now how could that be? Well, if think about it, it may be because he once lived as a Link and somehow he remembers that life.

4) And lastly, they are both quite obviously connected to the twili. Zant, we know for sure. With Zelda U Link on the hand, it may quite be confirmed yet, but evidence shows it's clearly obvious that he is in someway, connected to the Twili. Possibly maybe even one of their predecessors, an interloper.

Which now brings me to the how Zelda U is connected to the Twili/interlopers. Here's the evidence:

a) One of the designs on Link's cloak shapes out to be very similar to the Shadow Crystal from TP. Proof:

5EyQ8vD.jpg

vFpXc3e.png

b) Another design on Link's cloak matches that of design patterns on Midna's cloak. Proof:

FztzFbt.jpg

TIYSC0N.jpg

MlYLdJC.jpg

Well, there you have it, clear as day proof and evidence proving that the chances and possibilities of Link being connected to the Twili/Interlopers somehow are very very high as in highly likely. And the same applies for the chances of Zelda U Link being the precursor to Zant are also very high.

Of course this just speculation, a belief, and an opinion, not 100% fact (at least, not yet, anyways). Much like what you said is just your opinion, again, not fact. I had to bring that up cause I found what you said to be quite rude and disrespectful. Let me quote you again:

A Zelda game isn't going to end with Link being evil and setting up the idea of Link as an antagonist in a later game, it's not going to happen.

You say this like it's 100% sure fact as if you got it straight from Nintendo. While, yes, I admit I have said things like that in the past, but I'm a changed person now. I can see why now, why people bash at me the way they do. Because when something that hasn't even been confirmed yet is said as 100% fact, it tends to annoy people. Well, now, I know never do that again. Geez man, that hurt. :(

Anyways, just thought you should be aware of that.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Dude, there's clear evidence in both TP and Zelda U that points at the idea that Zelda U Link could eventually be reborn as Zant. I'll with the similarities since that has the most of the evidence:

What exactly shows Link, "looks up to Ganon..."?, or am I missing something?

You say this like it's 100% sure fact as if you got it straight from Nintendo. While, yes, I admit I have said things like that in the past, but I'm a changed person now. I can see why now, why people bash at me the way they do. Because when something that hasn't even been confirmed yet is said as 100% fact, it tends to annoy people. Well, now, I know never do that again. Geez man, that hurt. :(

Nintendo isn't going to make Link into an edgy emo kid that becomes a villain that honestly isn't even half as great as Majora or Vaati, I am saying that as a fact, not an opinion. Link is a representation of you; I personally would rather be a hero than a villain who gets death through balloon pop. Also, the reason the Wolf Link amiibo works with Zelda U is simply because they're both releasing around the same time. If TPHD and WWHD had swapped releases, we'd probably have a King of Red Lions and Toon Link amiibo that would cooperate with Zelda U.

VitaTempusN92

He has BOTH gerudo designs AND twili designs! How does that NOT scream ZANT?!

Nintendo isn't going to make Link into an edgy emo kid that becomes a villain that honestly isn't even half as great as Majora or Vaati, I am saying that as a FACT, not an opinion. Link is a representation of you; I personally would rather be a hero than a villain who gets death through balloon pop. Also, the reason the Wolf Link amiibo works with Zelda U is simply because they're both releasing around the same time. If TPHD and WWHD had swapped releases, we'd probably have a King of Red Lions and Toon Link amiibo that would cooperate with Zelda U.

NO it's NOT!! That is YOUR OPINION! Nintendo NEVER straight out said that they're never going to make a Link that turns evil! How we know that the Hero's Shade wasn't evil once? Yes, it's EASY to assume that Nintendo will likely continue to be LIGHT HEARTED GOODY GOODIES that they've been for YEARS! Always seeming to be so freaking conscious and concerned about how the kiddies (who, I guarantee that most could care less anyways, especially kids who are ten and older) would feel if the favorite hero turned bad ever since after SS.

Just because hasn't made that many dark Zelda games, doesn't mean that they're never going to make another one. Twilight Princess was the first and only mainline Zelda to be rated T for teen because it so dark. And in that game, technically, we kinda already saw an evil Link before. If you HAVE played TP before, then you would probably remember this the scene where Lanayru tells Link about the Dark Interlopers right? Well, if you didn't here's the scene:

Just watch the whole thing.

While watching that scene, and giving it some thought, you notice that it CLEARLY implies and suggest that at some point before TP, a Link incarnation TURNED EVIL! Straight from even TP, we ALREADY have a TEASE of an EVIL LINK, in a NINTENDO MADE ZELDA GAME! That scene that became well known as one of the most messed up scenes in a Zelda game in Zelda history to DATE! What you said is NOT fact cause it's ALREADY CONFIRMED FALSE dude! I'm sorry. But saying something that NOT only is NOT fact but is also CONFIRMED by an OFFICIAL Zelda game to be FALSE is just ridiculous.

The point is that, the IDEA ITSELF has already been APPROVED by NINTENDO themselves. And here's the best part, Aonuma HIMSELF stated MULTIPLE times that he wants to make next big console Zelda game have it where Link's ACTIONS effect the GAME DRASTICALLY OVER TIME! So that's means either way, it's ALREADY CONFIRMED that Link CAN, IN FACT, BECOME a villain, not just in a Zelda game but IN GENERAL!

Plus, with Twilight Princess (one of the most darkest and most mature Zelda games to date) getting an HD remaster version for Wii U, still keeping it's same usual dark and mature content (including the Interloper scene), what does that tell you? I know what it tells me. I tells me that you're wrong. And that Zelda U will the next darkest and most mature Zelda game, succeeding Twilight Princess.

Zelda U could very likely be either the first M rated Zelda game or T rated like TP.

And also, who said, that it had be Zelda U where Zelda U Link "turns evil". Zelda U Link turning out to be the one to later become Zant could happen anytime after Zelda U for all we know. I could see it mentioned in a version of HH explaining how and why.

I know Nintendo is notorious for trying to be so light-hearted, but the FACT that they've made DARK Zelda games before and that they were comfortable enough with re-releasing them, remastered with new features tells me that they can make more dark Zelda games if they wanted to.

Anyways, I've talked long enough. I'm tired, I need some sleep.

ZfFHtAs.jpg

raj7m0L.png

3) Both fight with blades in a similar fashion, only Zant uses two blades and acts like a lunatic. For example, Zant, much like a Link, can actually perform a hurricane spin or spin attack type move, only except his version is loony and twisted. Watch this part of the final phase against Zant:

If it starts at the beginning, just skip to about 5:28 and watch from there. Notice how it's much like the hurricane spin that can performed in some Zelda games, implying that Zant is somehow familiar with the Hero's Skills. Now how could that be? Well, if think about it, it may be because he once lived as a Link and somehow he remembers that life.

4) And lastly, they are both quite obviously connected to the twili. Zant, we know for sure. With Zelda U Link on the hand, it may quite be confirmed yet, but evidence shows it's clearly obvious that he is in someway, connected to the Twili. Possibly maybe even one of their predecessors, an interloper.

Which now brings me to the how Zelda U is connected to the Twili/interlopers. Here's the evidence:

a) One of the designs on Link's cloak shapes out to be very similar to the Shadow Crystal from TP. Proof:

5EyQ8vD.jpg

vFpXc3e.png

b) Another design on Link's cloak matches that of design patterns on Midna's cloak. Proof:

FztzFbt.jpg

TIYSC0N.jpg

MlYLdJC.jpg

Well, there you have it, clear as day proof and evidence proving that the chances and possibilities of Link being connected to the Twili/Interlopers somehow are very very high as in highly likely. And the same applies for the chances of Zelda U Link being the precursor to Zant are also very high.

Of course this just speculation, a belief, and an opinion, not 100% fact (at least, not yet, anyways). Much like what you said is just your opinion, again, not fact. I had to bring that up cause I found what you said to be quite rude and disrespectful. Let me quote you again:

How does link idolize ganon?

Also I hope Zelda U isnt M, because then I wouldnt be able to play it and I want to :(

VitaTempusN92

How does link idolize ganon?

Also I hope Zelda U isnt M, because then I wouldnt be able to play it and I want to :(

It's just an assumption I made based on the fact he wears gerudo bracers, which, it happens that in OoT, Ganon wore bracers that are actually quite similar to Zelda U Link's. So I guess you could say that naturally, I felt the bracers being similar to Ganon's screamed Idolization. I have a more elaborate explanation that I probably should've started off with first, but it's too late now, since I'm officially giving up on Zelda theorizing and speculation for good and for real this time (no more comebacks).

So seeing point was kind of weak, it should've been listed as one of the last points.

I doubt Zelda U would rated M, knowing Nintendo, I just feel like Zelda U will be another dark Zelda game like MM and TP.

The cloak just barely resembles twili designs, the gerudo designs could mean anything.
Though I may be wrong on this but maybe the dark link's are hypothetical? (Gonna need someone who actually played Tp to confirm this tho.)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I really wouldn't want Link to be a bad guy. Also how does Link that reincarnates into Link, suddenly reincarnate into Zant? Given all we know about reincarnation in Zelda, previous incarnations not only look the same, but have the same name, and in most cases genetics.

The Gerudo markings, which aren't even confirmed to be Gerudo markings, could mean anything.

VitaTempusN92

The cloak just barely resembles twili designs, the gerudo designs could mean anything.
Though I may be wrong on this but maybe the dark link's are hypothetical? (Gonna need someone who actually played Tp to confirm this tho.)

Half yes and half no. What you see is clearly a Link (a different hero, though he look like TP Link, this Link isn't TP Link, this Link likely a past hero) running towards the Triforce when three Dark Link figures who are representing the interlopers get in Link's way and they succeed but not in the way you think when seeing Link disappearing, as directly after, you see that Link joins with the interlopers, taking the place of middle Dark Link, and he's clearly evil, then the light spirits come and seal them away to what became the Twilight Realm.

Past Link (represented by TP Link), Past Link's love (represented by Ilia), and the interlopers (represented by Dark Links) are all represented by what they were represented by instead of what they actually looked like at the time events actually set place is because Nintendo was too lazy to show what they were actually intended to look like in that in one scene of TP. But in Zelda U, we may actually get at least a taste of what they were actually meant to look like. So far, we've only seen what could be the Past Link (Zelda U Link).

I really wouldn't want Link to be a bad guy. Also how does Link that reincarnates into Link, suddenly reincarnate into Zant? Given all we know about reincarnation in Zelda, previous incarnations not only look the same, but have the same name, and in most cases genetics.

The Gerudo markings, which aren't even confirmed to be Gerudo markings, could mean anything.

Um, because the Spirit of the Hero was never meant to be taken in the literal sense in the first place. Seriously, why doe everyone always have to assume everything to be so literal these days? That's like saying that just because I said I killed two birds with one stone as a way of saying I got two things done at once that instantly means that I really killed two birds with one stone.

I believe that Spirit of the Hero implies to be like school spirit or Christmas spirit. Can you imagine what it would be like if school spirit really was in the literal sense? It would be weird and messed up. Same with Christmas spirit.

Spirit isn't always in the literal sense. When will people finally learn to comprehend that?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
@VitaTempusN92 Ok...but assuming that the hero's spirit is a literal spirit is the only instance of real continual reincarnation we've ever seen in the series. Likewise ignoring the whole thing, continual characters like Link follow specific designs and even ignoring that there's no reason to assume that Link has any connection to Zant.

The interloper flashback is entirely based upon familiar images to TP Link, the Dark Links aren't meant to be another incarnation of Link, they're meant to imply that the interlopers were just regular people who turned dark in their pursuit towards the Triforce. The whole scene is meant to be metaphorical and none of the imagery is meant to be taken seriously.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The interloper flashback is entirely based upon familiar images to TP Link, the Dark Links aren't meant to be another incarnation of Link, they're meant to imply that the interlopers were just regular people who turned dark in their pursuit towards the Triforce. The whole scene is meant to be metaphorical and none of the imagery is meant to be taken seriously.
I agree, but in ways I took the imagery to imply also that Link could become corrupted by power. It was a warning - Link got the point and wasn't corrupted.

VitaTempusN92

@VitaTempusN92 Ok...but assuming that the hero's spirit is a literal spirit is the only instance of real continual reincarnation we've ever seen in the series. Likewise ignoring the whole thing, continual characters like Link follow specific designs and even ignoring that there's no reason to assume that Link has any connection to Zant.

1) No, it isn't! To assume that the Hero's spirit is literal is basically saying that TP and ALBW can't be canon because they BOTH feature PAST Links being present at the SAME time as the current Link.

2) I said the Link who ran towards the Triforce, disappeared, and took the place of the middle Dark Link was another incarnation of Link. Seriously, why people keep misunderstanding EVERYTHING I say?

3) Uh...NO! The scene CLEARLY tells the player that the interlopers were POWERFUL SORCERERS who EXCELLED at MAGIC! They were CLEARLY DEFINED as though they were SUPERIOR BEINGS!

4) I can see that you clearly must not really care enough about the lore to really know and understand that to those who, from the perspective of those who do, yes, it was! That scene is actually WAY MORE IMPORTANT to the LORE than you think! So YES, it WAS MEANT to be taken SERIOUSLY!

I agree, but in ways I took the imagery to imply also that Link could become corrupted by power. It was a warning - Link got the point and wasn't corrupted.

The Link in the scene was NOT TP Link! It is clearly a PAST Link cause according to Lanayru and as the scene played out, it's already happened! Plus, the Triforce hardly even played a role in TP anyways, so there is NO way it could be a vision. A warning? Well yes, I'm not entirely against that idea. But to imply that was in the form of a vision? No, I don't think so.

I believe that the whole point of the scene was to inform him of what happened to a predecessor of his due to seeking the same kind of power and to warn him that the same may happen to him if he's not careful. So, it could be both a flashback of a what happened to a past hero and a warning at the same time.

Anyways, that's all just my opinion though.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Link in the scene was NOT TP Link! It is clearly a PAST Link cause according to Lanayru and as the scene played out, it's already happened! Plus, the Triforce hardly even played a role in TP anyways, so there is NO way it could be a vision. A warning? Well yes, I'm not entirely against that idea. But to imply that was in the form of a vision? No, I don't think so.
So Link was just told the story. In that case Lanayru never says anything about a past hero becoming a Dark Interloper.

I believe that the whole point of the scene was to inform him of what happened to a predecessor of his due to seeking the same kind of power and to warn him that the same may happen to him if he's not careful. So, it could be both a flashback of a what happened to a past hero and a warning at the same time.
Couldn't be a flashback if we assume Link saw no vision at all...

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
@VitaTempusN92
1) No, it isn't! To assume that the Hero's spirit is literal is basically saying that TP and ALBW can't be canon because they BOTH feature PAST Links being present at the SAME time as the current Link.
Well first of all it's not confirmed if Gramps is ALttP Link, and the Hero's Shade is a ghost which wouldn't prevent TP Link from being a reincarnation of OOT Link at all. Regardless, assuming that Link doesn't reincarnate, the hero's spirit is literally the only instance ,outside of Ganon, that there's confirmed reincarnation in the series, and in the case of Ganon, keeping FSA in mind Ganon reincarnates specifically into Ganon, so given this I'd find it very hard to belive that Wii U Link couldn't just be whatever Link happens to come next.
2) I said the Link who ran towards the Triforce, disappeared, and took the place of the middle Dark Link was another incarnation of Link. Seriously, why people keep misunderstanding EVERYTHING I say?
Except that's TP Link. The scene starts with him in his Ordon clothes, shows him running towards the Triforce with his Ordon clothes, and then cuts to him in the same position and in the same running stance running towards the Triforce and the dark Links with his hero's tunic on. Likewise, all this happens after he attacks Ilia, was this a past Ilia or just modern Ilia hanging out with past Link?
3) Uh...NO! The scene CLEARLY tells the player that the interlopers were POWERFUL SORCERERS who EXCELLED at MAGIC! They were CLEARLY DEFINED as though they were SUPERIOR BEINGS!
Them being powerful magicians doesn't exclude them from being regular individuals, it just means that they practiced their skill till they felt they were strong enough to get what they want. Likewise, the cutscene says that the light spirits sealed away their "magic" which to me implies that they were using a certain thing or things to be as powerful as they were and were not naturally superior than their peers.
4) I can see that you clearly must not really care enough about the lore to really know and understand that to those who, from the perspective of those who do, yes, it was! That scene is actually WAY MORE IMPORTANT to the LORE than you think! So YES, it WAS MEANT to be taken SERIOUSLY!
Vita, I like you, please don't insult me. I do care about the lore, I just don't think this exact theory makes much sense, at least certain parts of it, as I think Zelda U being about TPs backstory makes a lot of sense, heck the game could even deal heavily with the interlopers, but I just severely doubt that Link is an interloper, and if he is, then he'll be the one who has to betray the people he grew up with to save Hyrule, because I not only not want Link to be a bad guy, but I doubt Nintendo would make a story like that for obvious reasons.

Also, I never said that the scene wasn't meant to be taken seriously, just that the imagery isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom