• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TP Manga pics and Interloper?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
So Link was just told the story. In that case Lanayru never says anything about a past hero becoming a Dark Interloper.

Couldn't be a flashback if we assume Link saw no vision at all...

1) Um, the scene clearly shows the past hero become an interloper, so in that sense, he did kind of inform to Link that his ancestor/predecessor did in fact become an interloper.

2) A flashback and a vision are two different things. A flashback is like a vision, except, it's a sight of the past, not of the future. A vision a sight of the future. So there's a difference.

@VitaTempusN92

Well first of all it's not confirmed if Gramps is ALttP Link, and the Hero's Shade is a ghost which wouldn't prevent TP Link from being a reincarnation of OOT Link at all. Regardless, assuming that Link doesn't reincarnate, the hero's spirit is literally the only instance ,outside of Ganon, that there's confirmed reincarnation in the series, and in the case of Ganon, keeping FSA in mind Ganon reincarnates specifically into Ganon, so given this I'd find it very hard to belive that Wii U Link couldn't just be whatever Link happens to come next.

Except that's TP Link. The scene starts with him in his Ordon clothes, shows him running towards the Triforce with his Ordon clothes, and then cuts to him in the same position and in the same running stance running towards the Triforce and the dark Links with his hero's tunic on. Likewise, all this happens after he attacks Ilia, was this a past Ilia or just modern Ilia hanging out with past Link?

Them being powerful magicians doesn't exclude them from being regular individuals, it just means that they practiced their skill till they felt they were strong enough to get what they want. Likewise, the cutscene says that the light spirits sealed away their "magic" which to me implies that they were using a certain thing or things to be as powerful as they were and were not naturally superior than their peers.

Vita, I like you, please don't insult me. I do care about the lore, I just don't think this exact theory makes much sense, at least certain parts of it, as I think Zelda U being about TPs backstory makes a lot of sense, heck the game could even deal heavily with the interlopers, but I just severely doubt that Link is an interloper, and if he is, then he'll be the one who has to betray the people he grew up with to save Hyrule, because I not only not want Link to be a bad guy, but I doubt Nintendo would make a story like that for obvious reasons.

Also, I never said that the scene wasn't meant to be taken seriously, just that the imagery isn't meant to be taken seriously.

1) A ghost IS a spirit. So no, actually, that WOULD prevent TP Link from being a reincarnation of OoT Link cause there's NO way that he could have the same soul, yet, his ghost still wonders. That is, by LOGICAL means, IMPOSSIBLE!

2) I already TOLD YOU! Nintendo used the models that used cause they were lazy and the gamecube couldn't handle that kind of power anyways! Plus, it would've taken longer for the game to come out if they were more accurate with that scene. Seriously, the idea that if it was intended to be TP Link makes absolute ZERO sense!

3) Neither, she was Past Link's love! She just represented Ilia because that's who the current Link (TP Link) was in love with at the moment as way of relation between the Past Link's gen and TP Link's gen. Have you ever seen takes in shows where they basically show you a past time with current character's ancestors, and notice how they're basically represented by the same people, like for live action shows, it's usually the same actors, and animated shows, it's the same general design? That's basically what this is here. Which means, everyone in that cutscene represents a character or person from the PAST!

Plus, even if that was a past Ilia, it would still make sense cause Nintendo has had multiple generations of supporting characters before. I mean we have had Malon and Talon in let see, OoT, OoX, and MC! Plus, in MM, we've had different characters the same designs of characters from OoT, like Romani, Cremia, the Milk Bar Owner, Anju, Anju's Grandmother, the Gorman brothers, etc. Not mention that we have two different characters who have both existed in Hyrule before sharing the SAME general design choice and that's Maple and Irene!

So, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there was past or different generation Ilia.

4) Actually, while you do a have a valid point, however, if you look at the scene, you notice that what you said may not be situation you think it is. I mean the interlopers were represented by DARK evil figures, more specifically DARK LINKS, which implies that they must've been so evil and dangerous where they were a big deal. And by that, long story short, could mean that they may have been DEMONS! And demons, going by earth terms, are NOT "regular individuals".

5) I like you too, but just know the only reason I'm starting to get a little aggressive here is because I felt insulted. I feel like that if you really like me, then you wouldn't have insulted me first. You should be able to tell by the way I talk about that scene that it's a big deal to me. Maybe not to you, but to me, it is. I'm sorry if I offended you.

6) Please don't go there. I already had that argument with The Hero of Legend.

7) Not responding to that last bit cause you already know what my response would be. Basically the same thing as before.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
1) A ghost IS a spirit. So no, actually, that WOULD prevent TP Link from being a reincarnation of OoT Link cause there's NO way that he could have the same soul, yet, his ghost still wonders. That is, by LOGICAL means, IMPOSSIBLE!
Seemed to work for the Avatar series just fine.
2) I already TOLD YOU! Nintendo used the models that used cause they were lazy and the gamecube couldn't handle that kind of power anyways! Plus, it would've taken longer for the game to come out if they were more accurate with that scene. Seriously, the idea that if it was intended to be TP Link makes absolute ZERO sense!
...I'm pretty sure that Nintendo, if they wanted to convey something, would just do it. They don't really develop these games story first, so I'd imagine that anything the story does actually end up requiring is usually gotten since they're at a stage in development where they don't need to worry about the fundamental parts of the game and can focus on the lesser parts. Likewise, I don't get how it would make no sense for it to be TP Link, it's not like Zelda games go extravagantly out of their way to detail past Links or to connect themselves together, thus it would just seem logical to me that the whole thing is metaphorical and that the symbolism is just symbolism.
3) Neither, she was Past Link's love! She just represented Ilia because that's who the current Link (TP Link) was in love with at the moment as way of relation between the Past Link's gen and TP Link's gen. Have you ever seen takes in shows where they basically show you a past time with current character's ancestors, and notice how they're basically represented by the same people, like for live action shows, it's usually the same actors, and animated shows, it's the same general design? That's basically what this is here. Which means, everyone in that cutscene represents a character or person from the PAST!

Plus, even if that was a past Ilia, it would still make sense cause Nintendo has had multiple generations of supporting characters before. I mean we have had Malon and Talon in let see, OoT, OoX, and MC! Plus, in MM, we've had different characters the same designs of characters from OoT, like Romani, Cremia, the Milk Bar Owner, Anju, Anju's Grandmother, the Gorman brothers, etc. Not mention that we have two different characters who have both existed in Hyrule before sharing the SAME general design choice and that's Maple and Irene!

So, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there was past or different generation Ilia.
There in lies the issue though. Malon goes to Malon, Talon to Talon, Zelda to Zelda, Epona to Epona, Impa to Impa, Ingo to Ingo, Kaepora Gaebora to Kaepora Gaebora, Ganon to Ganon, and in every other game ever, Link to Link. If you're assuming that Ilia is representative of a past Ilia and Link is representative of a past Link, than the current people who fill those roles would Ilia and Link, not Ilia and Zant.
4) Actually, while you do a have a valid point, however, if you look at the scene, you notice that what you said may not be situation you think it is. I mean the interlopers were represented by DARK evil figures, more specifically DARK LINKS, which implies that they must've been so evil and dangerous where they were a big deal. And by that, long story short, could mean that they may have been DEMONS! And demons, going by earth terms, are NOT "regular individuals".
Possibly who knows, the whole scene is vague, and only really gives a brief description of what happened, it doesn't mention anyone in particular joining the Interlopers though, merely that they appeared and the Light Spirits smacked them away.
5) I like you too, but just know the only reason I'm starting to get a little aggressive here is because I felt insulted. I feel like that if you really like me, then you wouldn't have insulted me first. You should be able to tell by the way I talk about that scene that it's a big deal to me. Maybe not to you, but to me, it is. I'm sorry if I offended you.
I don't recall insulting you, or at the very least that was never my intention, I apologize if I did. However, I'm just not really seeing how you're connecting some of the dots here. I think pointing out the possible connections to Link's cloak is a good basis for a theory, but the like the Gerudo Bracers, we need to wait and see before we jump to conclusions, and the rest of it is interpretation of your own, which is perfectly fine, but to me it just doesn't seem likely.
6) Please don't go there. I already had that argument with The Hero of Legend.
Fair enough.
7) Not responding to that last bit cause you already know what my response would be. Basically the same thing as before.
It's a valid point though. I mean the scene also has a billion Ilias raining down one point, a part of the imagery, or possibly all of it, is intended to be metaphorical and not serious.

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

Seemed to work for the Avatar series just fine.

...I'm pretty sure that Nintendo, if they wanted to convey something, would just do it. They don't really develop these games story first, so I'd imagine that anything the story does actually end up requiring is usually gotten since they're at a stage in development where they don't need to worry about the fundamental parts of the game and can focus on the lesser parts. Likewise, I don't get how it would make no sense for it to be TP Link, it's not like Zelda games go extravagantly out of their way to detail past Links or to connect themselves together, thus it would just seem logical to me that the whole thing is metaphorical and that the symbolism is just symbolism.

There in lies the issue though. Malon goes to Malon, Talon to Talon, Zelda to Zelda, Epona to Epona, Impa to Impa, Ingo to Ingo, Kaepora Gaebora to Kaepora Gaebora, Ganon to Ganon, and in every other game ever, Link to Link. If you're assuming that Ilia is representative of a past Ilia and Link is representative of a past Link, than the current people who fill those roles would Ilia and Link, not Ilia and Zant.

Possibly who knows, the whole scene is vague, and only really gives a brief description of what happened, it doesn't mention anyone in particular joining the Interlopers though, merely that they appeared and the Light Spirits smacked them away.

I don't recall insulting you, or at the very least that was never my intention, I apologize if I did. However, I'm just not really seeing how you're connecting some of the dots here. I think pointing out the possible connections to Link's cloak is a good basis for a theory, but the like the Gerudo Bracers, we need to wait and see before we jump to conclusions, and the rest of it is interpretation of your own, which is perfectly fine, but to me it just doesn't seem likely.

Fair enough.

It's a valid point though. I mean the scene also has a billion Ilias raining down one point, a part of the imagery, or possibly all of it, is intended to be metaphorical and not serious.

1) Which is why I don't like Avatar. Cause in realistic terms, it wouldn't work, unless the spirit is split apart somehow which is probably how it must've worked for Avatar.

2) Which is exactly how games like MC, FS, and TFH ended up in the wrong timeline placements. Nintendo needs to start putting the story first, which is what I do for both my fan ideas and original ideas.

3) I didn't really explicitly said that Past Link or Zelda U Link will become Zant, I only implied the that he could be the one to become Zant or that he may have connections to Zant somehow. Perhaps he got possessed by the demon that became Zant?

4) Yes, but it did show as if Past Link (or at least his body) took the place of the middle Dark Link/demon. And Past Link did look possessed in that part. So it could be more likely that the demon who becomes Zant did possess Past Link, thus supporting and backup the idea I just brought up in #3.

5) Apology accepted. :)

6) Very much agreed. We need to find out before we can be sure. Which is why I wish Nintendo would just hurry up and show something new of the game and give more details in a direct soon, hopefully this Monday which is closest to the 21st.

7) Yes, but probably the only thing that really wasn't meant to be taken seriously. lol

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Zelda U could very likely be either the first M rated Zelda game or T rated like TP.

And also, who said, that it had be Zelda U where Zelda U Link "turns evil". Zelda U Link turning out to be the one to later become Zant could happen anytime after Zelda U for all we know. I could see it mentioned in a version of HH explaining how and why.
I bet Zelda U will NOT be rated M. T, maybe, but not M. As for Link becoming Zant, I bet 100% No.

2) Which is exactly how games like MC, FS, and TFH ended up in the wrong timeline placements. Nintendo needs to start putting the story first, which is what I do for both my fan ideas and original ideas.
I'd really rather if Zelda didn't become Nintendo's Sonic and try to put a cool and super edgy, emo story where Link is truly ambivalent and turns the whole gameplay to ****. It's a ****ing GAME, not a MOVIE.
It's just an assumption I made based on the fact he wears gerudo bracers, which, it happens that in OoT, Ganon wore bracers that are actually quite similar to Zelda U Link's. So I guess you could say that naturally, I felt the bracers being similar to Ganon's screamed Idolization. I have a more elaborate explanation that I probably should've started off with first, but it's too late now, since I'm officially giving up on Zelda theorizing and speculation for good and for real this time (no more comebacks).

So seeing point was kind of weak, it should've been listed as one of the last points.

I doubt Zelda U would rated M, knowing Nintendo, I just feel like Zelda U will be another dark Zelda game like MM and TP.
Knowing Nintendo? We don't even KNOW anything about Zelda U. Plus, the gameplay already looks really bright and beautiful, not the dark and smeary graphics of Twilight Princess. Also, wearing an article of clothing that looks slightly similar to another article of clothing doesn't mean idolizing. I wear converse, does that mean I idolize Selena Gomez or something? Also, while you didn't state it in this quote, you stated that the Hero's Shade was upset he couldn't convey the lessons to those who came after because Zelda U Link became one of the Interlopers. Now, I don't know if you know this, but Link isn't a dumbass, and while he might have done some dumb things during his incarnations (saying he hates Ganondorf or stealing from the shop keeper on Koholint (however this was a dream)) he still has a good heart and wouldn't try to purposely steal something for his own wants or needs, and why the ****ing hell would a Hero Chosen by the Gods steal the Power of the Gods? If he was chosen by them specifically, why would he use that power for his own powers? Also, while we haven't seen it yet, it's incredibly likely we'll see the Master Sword in this game at one point or another, and people who have an impure heart can't wield it as the official Blade of Evil's Bane. If Link planned on using the Triforce for himself, why would the Master Sword accept him as his master? /rant over

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

@The Hero of Legend

I'm not going to argue with you (someone who has never played Twilight Princess, doesn't count it as an official Zelda game, and ignores the FACT that it's CONFIRMED by AONUMA HIMSELF that Link's ACTIONS WILL EFFECT the game DRASTICALLY OVER TIME) any longer.

I will say this the last thing though. Link IS a PERSON with FEELINGS and EMOTIONS! Assuming that Link can never turn bad just because he's the main protagonist is like assuming that Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars could never become Darth Vader just because he's supposed "chosen one" and that he's the main protagonist.

Seriously, your logic makes absolute ZERO sense!

Anyways, you can continue to believe the nonsensical logic if you want but NEVER ralk to me again until you grow some sense of PROPER LOGIC and KNOWLEDGE. So unless you are willing to speak to me with INTELLIGENCE, do NOT talk to me!

And don't go complaining that I'm offending you dude, YOU are the one who OFFENDED ME FIRST in the FIRST PLACE. If you find this offensive than it's YOU who brought this offense to YOURSELF, not me. I'm just DEFENDING myself this way cause I'm feeling like I got no one to turn to.

You started this argument by BASHING and DISRESPECTING my THEORY! It's just a FREAKING THEORY! It's just MY HEADCANON IDEA, NOT YOUR'S or anything OFFICIAL! You do NOT have the RIGHT to talk against SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA like that, like it CAN'T count for something, like it's GARBAGE! That is DISRESPECTFUL and RUDE!

Clearly, I will never be able to break some COMMON SENSE, KNOWLEDGE/SENSE of RIGHT or WRONG, and LOGIC into you. So, until you decide to turn over a new leaf, don't talk to me cause I don't want to talk to you anymore!

This argument is OVER! Somebody PLEASE lock this thread temporarily or something so that this argument can be officially over.

@The Hero of Legend

I'm not going to argue with you (someone who has never played Twilight Princess, doesn't count it as an official Zelda game, and ignores the FACT that it's CONFIRMED by AONUMA HIMSELF that Link's ACTIONS WILL EFFECT the game DRASTICALLY OVER TIME) any longer.

I will say this the last thing though. Link IS a PERSON with FEELINGS and EMOTIONS! Assuming that Link can never turn bad just because he's the main protagonist is like assuming that Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars could never become Darth Vader just because he's supposed "chosen one" and that he's the main protagonist.

Seriously, your logic makes absolute ZERO sense!

Anyways, you can continue to believe the nonsensical logic if you want but NEVER ralk to me again until you grow some sense of PROPER LOGIC and KNOWLEDGE. So unless you are willing to speak to me with INTELLIGENCE, do NOT talk to me!

And don't go complaining that I'm offending you dude, YOU are the one who OFFENDED ME FIRST in the FIRST PLACE. If you find this offensive than it's YOU who brought this offense to YOURSELF, not me. I'm just DEFENDING myself this way cause I'm feeling like I got no one to turn to.

You started this argument by BASHING and DISRESPECTING my THEORY! It's just a FREAKING THEORY! It's just MY HEADCANON IDEA, NOT YOUR'S or anything OFFICIAL! You do NOT have the RIGHT to talk against SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA like that, like it CAN'T count for something, like it's GARBAGE! That is DISRESPECTFUL and RUDE!

Clearly, I will never be able to break some COMMON SENSE, KNOWLEDGE/SENSE of RIGHT or WRONG, and LOGIC into you. So, until you decide to turn over a new leaf, don't talk to me cause I don't want to talk to you anymore!

This argument is OVER! Somebody PLEASE lock this thread temporarily or something so that this argument can be officially over.
You're confusing me with somebody else; I've completed Twilight Princess many times and I'm a follower of the official Zelda timeline. You're disrespecting my right to comment on your theory by raging every time I bring something up. Also, Link effecting things drastically over time is nothing new; it was originally supposed to be in URA Zelda, where, lets say, you cut down a tree. That tree would permanently be gone from the map, were you would have permanently affected the physical change of the entire world. Just because Link's actions in the game will change specific things doesn't mean (and, in fact, most likely means) it isn't story related. And, also, Link's emotions haven't changed jack. Link is destined to be the Hero of Hyrule, and this Link isn't any different. It's his Birthright, and he will never not take it.

And to be honest, you have a very odd view on Link's personality. You feel that his decisions in the game were effected by his emotions, but literally every decision made by his personal feelings ended up being scripted into fate. Link wanted to go save Zelda when she fell to the surface; this was fate. Link is the protector of Hylia's reincarnate and he always will be. Link also ended up wanting to rescue his sister from the Forsaken Fortress, and this is also an example of, you guessed, it fate. You think that these incarnations of Link took up the mantle of the Hero of Hyrule out of sheer coincidence??
@The Hero of Legend

You do NOT have the RIGHT to talk against SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA like that, like it CAN'T count for something, like it's GARBAGE! That is DISRESPECTFUL and RUDE!

@The Hero of Legend
OK then

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

You're confusing me with somebody else; I've completed Twilight Princess many times and I'm a follower of the official Zelda timeline. You're disrespecting my right to comment on your theory by raging every time I bring something up. Also, Link effecting things drastically over time is nothing new; it was originally supposed to be in URA Zelda, where, lets say, you cut down a tree. That tree would permanently be gone from the map, were you would have permanently affected the physical change of the entire world. Just because Link's actions in the game will change specific things doesn't mean (and, in fact, most likely means) it isn't story related. And, also, Link's emotions haven't changed jack. Link is destined to be the Hero of Hyrule, and this Link isn't any different. It's his Birthright, and he will never not take it.

And to be honest, you have a very odd view on Link's personality. You feel that his decisions in the game were effected by his emotions, but literally every decision made by his personal feelings ended up being scripted into fate. Link wanted to go save Zelda when she fell to the surface; this was fate. Link is the protector of Hylia's reincarnate and he always will be. Link also ended up wanting to rescue his sister from the Forsaken Fortress, and this is also an example of, you guessed, it fate. You think that these incarnations of Link took up the mantle of the Hero of Hyrule out of sheer coincidence??

OK then

1) So, I'm disrespecting a KID'S right to argue with a GROWN UP who has MORE EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE of the franchise, as well as LIFE ITSELF. You're only 14, probably with only 4-8 years of Zelda fandom, while I'm 23 with almost 20 whopping years of Zelda fandom. I've been a Zelda fan since I was 4! I've had live MANY years of REAL LIFE PROBLEMS from when I was about 5 or 6 all the way up until NOW at 23! So I don't just think I know what I'm talking about, I KNOW that I KNOW what I am talking about! So no, due to your lack of knowledge and experience, you do NOT have the right to speak to me the way have been doing!

I mean, I'm wise enough to be consider to be like a father figure compared to you for crying out loud. Especially when it comes to Zelda since I have WAY MORE experience than you kid.

2) Oh please, give me a break! Get your head out of the clouds and wake up to reality kid, cause that's NOT how things work in a very REAL WORLD which the DARK history and lore of Hyrule from Zelda sets place in.

So you're implying that the Zelda series is like Mario? If that was the case then you're implying that DARK games like OoT, MM, and TP would have never happened. And if that is the case then WW, PH, and ST would've never happened because they can't exist without OoT.

So I can imagine your timeline being the following:

|MC---FS---FSA---ALttP/OoX---TFH---TLoZ/TAoL

Or something along those lines. I didn't include LA and ALBW for certain reasons that if confirmed, you wouldn't want to count them.

And another thing. What I had a destiny where it was my birthright to save the world, would that mean that someday, no matter what, I bound to turn my whole life around and go out to save the world just because it's my birthright? In a world like Mario, yes, however in a world of real serious problems which Zelda is supposed to set place in, no.

Destinies CAN be BROKEN the SAME way that rules CAN be BROKEN!

Sorry kid, but I'm afraid you a LOT of RESEARCH ahead of you!

3) So the idea of a person having feelings and emotions, which CAN HEAVILY EFFECT his/her CHOICES and DECISIONS is considered ODD to you? What is hell is WRONG with YOU?! What the hell do parents or any kind of superiors teach you kids these days? Oh, right, immorality and stupidity! No wonder why you're so obnoxiously misinformed, ignorant, and immoral!

4) Yes, the Hero of Time was DOOMED to fail and become the Hero's Shade in the end from the start just so that some kid down the line can come in and take of all the glory for himself! Yes that poor "fairy boy", who grew in the Kokiri Forest could never live the life he wanted cause the Goddesses said that he was only meant to save a two worlds that he never even be apart of long enough to experience the life of actually being recognized for something that's actually GOOD.

It was fate that he would HAVE to become the Hero's Shade someday.

Oh, wait, this isn't what it's about? Oh yeah, that's right you're against the idea of Link becoming something dark and tragic like the Hero's Shade. This is about that Link can only be a goody goody against his own will cause the Goddesses demand it! Which in turns bumps games like TP right out of the canon.

It must be so wonderful to have so much FAITH in a guy that you hardly know ANYTHING about! I mean, have you even been to his world and met the guy? Cause, if you were to find a way to do that, I assure you, you'd be in for a BIG SURPRISE! And I mean BIG!!

5) They took up the mantle cause they have a HEART and they CARE for the people they love you dumb dumb.

Plus, WW Link was NEVER even really connected to the Hero lineage that much. He was just a REGULAR guy like EVERYONE else until Tetra came along, Link's sis gets kidnapped, Link fails to save his sis the first time around, and next thing he knows is he all of sudden has this big epic journey thrown in his face. A journey he did NEVER, in his LIFE even ask for! Need I remind you, a journey that he NEVER asked for!

And what is the NUMBER ONE reason he accepted this quest anyways you may ask? What? You're answer is STILL the Goddesses? Really? No! It can't be! No! Seriously, it's because he just wanted to SAVE HIS SISTER, you moron! Thus, seeing that he was already a big quest, need I remind again, to save HIS SISTER, he thought, "what the heck Daphnes III, we're already on this quest, and as long as Ganon is still at large, he may still be a threat to us and more importantly my FAMILY and FRIENDS back at HOME, so we might as well just stop Ganon and get this whole thing over with anyways right?".

And, so after everything was all said and done, Link decided "well, maybe this hero and adventure thing isn't such a bad idea after all." and sets off with Tetra (part of the reason which because he clearly has feelings for her) to find new land to help rebuild Hyrule for the sake of his good friend Daphnes III.

The point is he made those decisions out of his OWN FREE WILL! I mean the guy wasn't even connected to the Chosen Hero lineage at first to begin with! He was pretty much, basically, the "new guy".

A TP Link, while he is the descendant of the Hero of Time, was kind of like that too. He NEVER asked for this BIG responsibility of being a hero. He just wanted the people from his home that are like family to him, people he grew up with, he just wanted them to be SAFE! That's only real reason why he went on his journey from the start. Then he grew a close bond with Midna, heck maybe even fell in love with her. After all he was so shocked to see Midna leave. You could even tell by the look on his face as Midna left him and Zelda that he was clearly in love with her.

And trust me kid, love is a VERY POWERFUL and VERY NEUTRAL thing as it can be very fragile at times, as in one WRONG move, and everything right before eyes just SUDDENLY goes VERY WRONG. If that can't effect Link's decisions in your headcanon, that I don't know what will.

Maybe once you've experienced the world of romance, you'll start to see things from my perspective. And seeing as you are so young, and by the way you talk about this stuff about Link can never change (which reminds me, I have a nice little secret to tell a little bit later on), I doubt you've already experienced any sort of love for a girl before in your life so far.

Anyways, now for my little secret. When I around your age, I too used think that Link could never turn evil, but as I got older, after dealing with so many struggles and SERIOUS REAL LIFE PROBLEMS (like romance) I realized that even heroes like Link can change if the same kind of problems were to have befallen him.

So that's why, whenever I hear you say this kind of stuff about Link can never turn evil, I can't help but feel so insulted. You know, maybe you should really think about that next time before you decide to say stuff like that to me again.

6) My point was that people, even heroes (whether they were chosen or not) CAN CHANGE! They have FREE WILL, they have FEELINGS and EMOTIONS, and with that, THEY CAN CHANGE! IT'S POSSIBLE!

And trust me kid, several years from now, I bet you're going to be in my kind of shoes having a similar conversation with someone who would at that point be a kid like you are now. Assuming if Nintendo does continue with the path they've been going.

And you still choose to believe that Link can never be evil after reading this, that's your choice kid, not mine. Just know that until you start talking like a grown up, I'm afraid I can't talk to you. I'm sorry but that's just how I am. It's not easy for me to talk about things that I have such a strong passion for and not bring up any mature elements to the mix.

It's just how grown ups (especially depressed and troubled grown ups) are. We, grown ups are just naturally into more mature things like romance, thrill/suspense, horror, feelings/emotions, life and death, war, X-rated stuff, Sci-Fi, politics, government, media, vigilance/anti-heroism, and hero turned dark kind of stuff.

So long story short, I'm entitled by my opinion for personal reasons and you're entitled to your opinion simply because it's your opinion. But that doesn't give you the right to speak against my idea, especially since my idea, again, has personal reasoning behind it. Which, not only that but also the fact that my idea was also backed by CLEAR EVIDENCE and FACTS as where yours wasn't, but rather PROVEN WRONG by MULTIPLE SOURCES!

And with all that said. I'm done talking to you. So, please, so that there won't be any serious problems, let's just put this all aside, forget we ever had this argument and move on. But just don't forget some of the certain things I said in this post.

I understand you're still young and growing and I respect that. I never mean any offense, not from the start, and not now. I just like to talk tough sometimes, especially when it comes to things that I have such a strong passion for. It's just to stress my point across which most people often misunderstand and end up accusing me of being mean and offensive when that is never my intention. I more see it as like tough love, cause deep down in my heart, I always secretly love everyone, even the people I argue with. And that, of course includes you.

So please understand, that I never meant offense and I have my reasons for what most people seem to see as my crazy cranky old person talk. lol

Maybe when you're my age, you'll come to understand where I was trying to get at here, I hope.

I want to have a reason to care about you kid, cause I happen to respect you as a fellow Zelda fan, so please don't make this any more harder on me than it already is. Okay?

Anyways that's all I have to say. Hope you at least try to understand.

4) Yes, the Hero of Time was DOOMED to fail and become the Hero's Shade in the end from the start just so that some kid down the line can come in and take of all the glory for himself! Yes that poor "fairy boy", who grew in the Kokiri Forest could never live the life he wanted cause the Goddesses said that he was only meant to save a two worlds that he never even be apart of long enough to experience the life of actually being recognized for something that's actually GOOD.

It was fate that he would HAVE to become the Hero's Shade someday.

Oh, wait, this isn't what it's about? Oh yeah, that's right you're against the idea of Link becoming something dark and tragic like the Hero's Shade. This is about that Link can only be a goody goody against his own will cause the Goddesses demand it! Which in turns bumps games like TP right out of the canon.
First of all what do you mean by fail? He defeated Gannondorf in the same timeline he became the hero's shade. You mean fail as not being remembered as a hero right? Also how
do we know the Goddesses said, "he was only meant to save two worlds..." It's possible the Hero of Time could've saved other lands after Majora's Mask. He could've also settled down back in Hyrule after a time. Of course after settling down he of might not have continued being a hero. He probably became a knight, or something, but nothing too significant. As for it being fate that he had to become the hero's shade, I don't believe that. I think it's just an unfortunate occurrence, but of course we can't know for sure. How is TP not canon? I don't know how you think it works, but I learned it's up to the original creators as to what is, or is not canon.

VitaTempusN92

First of all what do you mean by fail? He defeated Gannondorf in the same timeline he became the hero's shade. You mean fail as not being remembered as a hero right? Also how
do we know the Goddesses said, "he was only meant to save two worlds..." It's possible the Hero of Time could've saved other lands after Majora's Mask.
He could've also settled down back in Hyrule after a time. Of course after settling down he of might not have continued being a hero. He probably became a knight, or something, but nothing too significant. As for it being fate that he had to become the hero's shade, I don't believe that. I think it's just an unfortunate occurrence, but of course we can't know for sure. How is TP not canon? I don't know how you think it works, but I learned it's up to the original creators as to what is, or is not canon.

1) Yes.

2) I only said that cause those are the only two we know of that have been officially confirmed so far. So I'm only just following by what's in the official canon so far.

3) Yeah, me neither. My point was to bring up to The Hero of Legend of how ridiculous it sounds.

4) Yep, I think the same. Which is why I think there could be a unfortunate occurrence for Zelda U Link as well if he were to become evil or get possessed by an evil presence. I mean, we already have a failed hero in Child Time and a dead hero in the Downfall Timeline for crying out loud.

5) I don't know. Ask The Hero of Legend, after all, he's the one who cause the suggestion of the idea to spring up into mind.

6) It is canon. I was just telling The Hero of Legend that his idea bumps TP out of the canon cause the two just don't fit together.

Anyways I just think it's for the best that we all put an end to this discussion cause I don't want to talk about it anymore. It's been causing problems lately. And I'm afraid it might cause more problems if this discussion continues. So I just want to set this all aside so that we can hopefully make peace here and move on.

Boy howdy, if I'm just a kid arguing with an adult, then why do I know not to capitalize just for the sake of getting a daft point and view across?

I know there's already a video posted, but I wrote a transcript of the scene. the quotes are what was said, and the parenthesis are how I describe the scene

"When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world."
"They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, then returned to the heavens."
"The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the sacred realm."
"For ages, the people lived at ease, content in mind and body..."
(Link and Ilia smiling, happy, watching the goddesses)
"But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..."
(Ilia holding a knife, and attempts to stab Link, but she is stopped as the camera zooms in on her neck. then the knife is seen knocked from her grasp as the ordon sword falls next to it. Then Link is standing next to the sword with the same corrupted look, and begins to run towards the Triforce, and suddenly is wearing the Hero's clothes)
"Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared."
(three dark links rise up between Link and the Triforce)
"Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the sacred realm.
(Fused shadow rises behind the dark Links, blocking out the Triforce, they then reach out to Link who now has his normal face, and he turns to dust, causing the middle dark link to take on his appearance with the corrupted face.)
"It was then that the goddesses ordered the three light spirits to intervene."
(Three light spirits descend on the dark Links)
"We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered."
(fused shadow falls away, and the corrupted Link screams, as the scene cuts away to a green field)
"You know this magic..."
"It is the dark power you seek...the Fused Shadow."
(Link has a blank stare as the fused shadow pieces circle him)
"O hero chosen by the goddesses...Beware..."
"Those who do not know the danger of wielding power will, before long, be ruled by it."
(and Ilias rain down)
"Never forget that...
(Link has a creepy smile, then seems to come out of it. He falls to his knees breathing heavily)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom