• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Timeline: Where is the game going to go?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So I just saw an image from the game. A statue of the Goddess Hylia. We haven't seen her in any of the timelines as she appeared in SS only.

From that it would still have to be pre OOT unless they retcon her in to the series from now on. Hylia worship should be a forgotten practice. But that conflicts with the presence of the Kuroks which the Kokiri turned into AFTER OOT on the Adult timeline.

This is just imploding my mind right now.

Djinn

and Tonic
The guru at the end of the temple works for Hylia and is on a mission to help Link defeat Ganon.

Master Sword exists, and OoT Temple of Time is abandoned, there is technology everywhere, and Koroks are present

Make of that as you will....

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I think this game takes place in the adult timeline after wind waker, phantom hourglass, and spirit tracks in old hyrule hundreds of years later. In the treehouse live demo, I saw a few Koroks.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
An interesting theory I heard is that this game may be a series reboot. I don't want it to be, but it could stand.
Even so, I'm thinking most likely in the AT. There are Koroks, and apparently the Miitimo BoW items are refered to as "New Hyrule Style".

Robyn_Hoo

Eren's Princess
I think some sort of timey-whimey paradox happened and the timelines imploded into each other and gave birth to breath of the Wild. Or some thing like that.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I realize now that this can't take place immediately after, or even before, TP. Why not?
Look at these pictures:
tumblr_inline_noteol0vAq1rmndlo_540.png
tumblr_inline_o8rudhUXz41rjac53_540.jpg

What's the difference?
In BoW, link lost his nipples
That means that, sometime before BoW, Hylians (or at least Hylian males) evolved to not have nipples.
These are the important things we must discuss on a Zelda forum
#NippleTheorizing
Make it trend

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I realize now that this can't take place immediately after, or even before, TP. Why not?
Look at these pictures:
tumblr_inline_noteol0vAq1rmndlo_540.png
tumblr_inline_o8rudhUXz41rjac53_540.jpg

What's the difference?
In BoW, link lost his nipples
That means that, sometime before BoW, Hylians (or at least Hylian males) evolved to not have nipples.
These are the important things we must discuss on a Zelda forum
#NippleTheorizing
Make it trend
I don't think that is necessarily the case though a good theory. It is possible instead that his nipple's were in fact removed for the crime of being a witch prior to the events of BoTW.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Can't see justification for Korok if it's not post wind waker so I'm voting hyrule was rebuilt by the Koroks and the Deku tree as it was alluded to in Wind Waker (that planting the trees would unite the land once again), and then technology grew and then that craziness happened. Zelda is in New Hyrule, and afaik all Zeldas must have royal blood (while the Hero of Time is a spiritual thing), but nothing is stopping the royalty from making its way back to old Hyrule. I can't see a new Temple of Time being built in New Hyrule, so I doubt it takes place there. Likely old Hyrule was rebuilt and the temple of time was remade as a gate to the sacred realm (since said gate has long since been destroyed) and then someone got their hands on it.

But then again, I'm a potato.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Can't see justification for Korok if it's not post wind waker so I'm voting hyrule was rebuilt by the Koroks and the Deku tree as it was alluded to in Wind Waker (that planting the trees would unite the land once again), and then technology grew and then that craziness happened. Zelda is in New Hyrule, and afaik all Zeldas must have royal blood (while the Hero of Time is a spiritual thing), but nothing is stopping the royalty from making its way back to old Hyrule. I can't see a new Temple of Time being built in New Hyrule, so I doubt it takes place there. Likely old Hyrule was rebuilt and the temple of time was remade as a gate to the sacred realm (since said gate has long since been destroyed) and then someone got their hands on it.

But then again, I'm a potato.
Yeah, I came up with that same conclusion too, also supporting the fact is that in the twilight princess hd remake in hyrule castle town, you can see pictures of the Ritos as seen here on Zeltik's video And as for bridge of hylia being there, I think the great flood of hyrule took place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time, which means it will give them enough time to build that bridge.

Last edited:
I thought I knew, I though it may have been between OoT-WW. there was so much linking it...

Link's WW attire in Zelda U,
The land that was flooded was a mountainous one
Link has been asleep for 100 years, Ganon has returned... Hyrule was flooded when Ganon returned 100 or so years after OoT...
The gameplay has even shown a Korok

but then the treehouse footage showed an old man, perhaps THE, old man.
Then the world was said to be representative of LoZ1
The old man even mentioned Hyrule's decline

So aside from the Korok being there I'd say it was somewhere in the downfall timeline,
I really don't think its near SS (though Nintendo will put it where they want)

But then, when was there ever a Shrine of Resurrection?
Is Link dead?
Was he dead, meaning we've seen this Link before, perhaps it is the Hero of Time, perhaps the supposed death in OoT that leads to the third timeline is how this game starts...

So decline timeline... but why the Korok?
I don't think it'd be Oot-TP because the Wolf Link summon via amiibo I don't think is a canonical story link. Though perhaps this is OoT-MM-TP and this is the Link that turned into the Hero's Shade... and then has been resurrected?

ahh.....

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I suspect either one of three places.

1. Near Spirit Tracks (I know this isn't exact, so like I kinda cheated).
2. After the original Zelda.
3. Where I think is most probable, after OoT, but before Wind Waker. We always heard those Valley of the Flood rumors, and they may finally be realized.

Final note: the Zelda timeline is very fluid, because they basically just make **** up as they go, so really this could go nearly anywhere.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I am completely baffled as to where it could be.
The only thing I am pretty sure of is that it's not pre-OoT split. There's no way Hyrule could rise and fall into that state of great decay because of beast Ganon and then rise again in between SS and TMC, that's ludicrous.

However we need to pay attention to the details, specifically in some of the dialogue that was shown in all of the E3 floor footage and treehouse live footage. When Link wakes up, the voice tells him he is their light and must shine upon Hyrule "again". Then after he descends the resurrection tower, the old man asks him if he RECOGNIZES the voice he heard. When Link says no, the old man says it's a shame. The lines coupled with Link being resurrected from a 100 year sleep leads to the fact-- This is not a new Link.It has to be one we're familiar with, or at least one that has saved Hyrule before.

Though multiple aspects point to different timelines

ADULT- Champions shirt resembling Link's Crawfish shirt in WW, presence of Koroks, art style in general, bokoblin designs

CHILD- Presence of the Temple of Time, Wolf Link, Bridge of Hylia (?), Aonuma's previous Twilight Princess references

DOWNFALL- Hyrule state of decline, presence of the Old Man, intentional world similarities, location of the Master Sword (the scene in the trailer looks EXACTLY like the A Link to the Past master sword artwork setting)

Im thinking either Child or Downfall. Adult's Great flood complicates things because 1. Probably not New Hyrule, and 2. I find it hard to believe that the Great Sea disappeared. But the presence of Kooks does really trip me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom