• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Timeline Theories

link to present

Four Year ZD Member
I was reading a video game blog who updated a story about this timeline recently. Evidently, the person who made this submitted it to Nintendo to see how he'd done in figuring it out, and they replied with a message that, in the end, stated "there isn't a true frame of reference or time line possible for the series."

You can see the Youtube video here where the creator of the timeline above talks about his submission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FozOuwQjI&feature=related

Nintendo's response states things we clearly knew, but their overall statement was kind of odd.

Personally, I don't even know if this response is legit. I think it's odd that Nintendo would make a statement like this to some fan in an e-mail, especially given other statements that have been given about the series by Miyamoto. I think if this is a legit e-mail, it's some NOA desk jockey employee's way of answering the question, and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Given that they as recently as E3 have given a period of time for Spirit Tracks in relation to PH, it means that there is awareness of a connection by the developers. There's also the fact that some games are indeed direct sequels (WW to PH as one). This statement by "Nintendo" is not very educated by saying EACH new game is a new Link.

What does everyone think of this?

I've seen this video its second one to the timeline on the first post in this thread

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I still think that most of youtube's timelines are crappy.
There are tons of people who place them there without having a minimal idea of some storyline elements of certain games

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
This video has probably been posted at least 3 times that I for sure know of.

It's a completely wrong timeline. Time to address why seeing as how some noob (not flaming you) always falls for these videos.

First of all, WW clearly states that after OoT!Link defeated Ganon, he disappeared. Ganon reappeared but Link did not. In fact, it makes it pretty clear that there wasn't any hero so the Goddesses flooded Hyrule. These events come directly after OoT after some undisclosed amount of time (but it's clear that there was no hero other than the hero of time before this happened). The moron who made this video puts 3 Zelda games between WW and OoT. The only thing we are told about that happens between WW and OoT is that Ganon escaped his seal and the hero didn't return so the world was flooded. Seeing as how this game was created long after ALTTP and OoX, I think it's quite clear that ALTTP and OoX definitely do not go in between WW and OoT.

Many people (including me) put ALTTP after TP. It makes sense. In OoT the MS is in the Temple of Time. In TP the MS is in a decaying Temple of Time with a forest starting to grow around it. In ALTTP the MS is in the lost woods (which seem to have been growing around the Temple of Time in TP).

I also put LA after ALTTP because of original intent for it to be a sequel.

When OoT was first made, we are told by Miyamoto that ALTTP, LoZ and AoL are on the same timeline (although I don't like the order he puts them in). When ALTTP came out, it was crystal clear that this game was connected to LoZ and AoL no matter where you put it in relation to those 2 games. The moron who made this video put ALTTP on the opposite side of the split to those 2 games.

I also am one of the strong believers that MC is first on the timeline. He said that the him getting his hat is a bad reason, but I think it really isn't. Link's hat is a staple to the character and the series. It's apart of his persona much like Mario's mustache is apart of his (you can actually up your mustache power in his newer RPG games). The BS to MC has a hero with no hat. You start out with no hat and then at the end of the game are given a hat to keep. They focused on the whole no hat thing quite a bit for it not to be significant.

Of course, that's not my only reason why I put MC first. The BS helps me do that too. It talks about the hero of men. Link never held that title in any of his previous games and the only Zelda games with unclear BS' are ALTTP and FSA (it talks about 2 previous encounters with Vaati but one of them doesn't match up at all with MC). Other than that, we always have a BS that is related to some adventure that Link (or another Link) previously had, but MC talks about a story that has never taken place in any of the games in the series. There is a nameless, hatless hero. Another thing to note about this hero is that he wasn't chosen by the Goddesses, he was chosen by the piccori. As far as we know, they aren't any super race that can see destiny. They just showed up one day out of the sky with a sword and gave it to one of the good guys. Link has always been chosen by fate/the Goddesses to save Hyrule whereas this hero was chosen by a bunch of munchkins.

Another reason I put MC first is because there is absolutely no mentioning or hint of Ganon/dorf's existence. People say that this doesn't matter because he's not important to the plot but a much closer look reveals that this is the ONLY Zelda title that is based in Hyrule without Ganon/dorf being some sort of antagonist. Seems fishy to me. It makes no sense for him to not be a thought in anyone's head and then 2 games later in the series be the main kahuna. That's also a reason why I don't think MC and FSA go near each other on a timeline. Ganon/dorf was the worst enemy Hyrule ever had. If MC took place anytime after games with Ganon/dorf in them, he would have at least had an easter egg.

The only thing I saw right on this timeline was MM and TP coming after OoT on the child timeline.

S

Shade

I don't know if this has been brought up yet. But there's also another flaw in the video... Nowhere in it, does the author of the video explain where "Tetra's Trackers" the Japanese-only release, fits in! Why do I see this as a big flaw? Well because in this game, apparently Link splits into four again... so you have to wonder if it fits in with the timeline that has wind waker on it... or the timeline with FS and FSA on it? Or do we have to re-arrange FS, FSA and ALTTP in order to fit with WW and therefore, fit Tetra's Trackers?

Pinecove

Last Chance
I don't know if this has been brought up yet. But there's also another flaw in the video... Nowhere in it, does the author of the video explain where "Tetra's Trackers" the Japanese-only release, fits in! Why do I see this as a big flaw? Well because in this game, apparently Link splits into four again... so you have to wonder if it fits in with the timeline that has wind waker on it... or the timeline with FS and FSA on it? Or do we have to re-arrange FS, FSA and ALTTP in order to fit with WW and therefore, fit Tetra's Trackers?

TT's apearently comes inbetween TWW and PH on bits of land the pirates find while scavenging for land.

S

Shade

TT's apearently comes inbetween TWW and PH on bits of land the pirates find while scavenging for land.

That may be, but there's a problem with that though.... The four sword! Where does the four sword enter into all of this.

On that note, the author of that video made another mistake... the Shade in TP, he says is supposed to be link from MM because of the sword and shield that he carries. Well I've been trying to look real hard at those weapons, and I'm sorry, the weapons the Shade carries don't resemble the Gilded sword or the Mirror shield from MM. So I don't know where he's getting his facts from.

I just found it funny too how he had somewhat of a big cocky attitude "I KNOW all the facts, so I KNOW that I'm right and this is the RIGHT timeline" :lol:

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I think it's very good. I would have never thought Link would marry Malon. I don't think the items the hero's shade has are the same items the hero of time has in majoras mask.

Hey I was on Youtube the other day and came across a Zelda Timeline vid to me it was one of the only ones that was relly under standable. So what do you think??:D

Mmmm..... no.

Who says Link brought the Triforce to Hyrule Castle after A Link to the Past? I believe it was left in the sacred realm (where it was meant to be). It's in Hyrule Castle in The Oracle games (he calls 'em direct sequels) so meh...

Here's more to kill that theory:
ALttP Link....................................... OoX Link
Link.gif
link.gif

Old..................................................Kiddie

Or maybe he just likes Botox.
Twinrova's dead in that time-line anyway.

New subject: PH/LA
There's no proof of Link's awakening being after Phantom Hourglass though. An ocean can always exist. Link's Awakening was implied to be a sequel to A Link to the Past too. ALttP Link and LA Link appear to be of the same age.

Also, did this guy say that Twilight Princess Epona is the same as Majora's Mask Epona? What's the average horse lifespan? 109+ years? Mmm... no.
Oh and it's Stalfos not Stalfas.
And since when was the Master Sword called the Four Sword?

This guy relies to much upon speculation for his line, even completely made up opinions. He's not being too accurate on this thing.

^Just so you know, the GBA rerelease of LttP has a changed art style. The exact same art style as OoX.

TWW/PH is one of the few Ganon games that CAN'T be a prequel to LA, actually.

No one saved Hyrule... he more... uhh... destroyed Hyrule lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom