• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dan

So, my mom is really sick. REALLY sick.

She's been extremely ill for god knows how long. Decades. She's had everything in the book. She had to have a hysterectomy, they removed her womb. She also had her gallbladder removed, she had an aneurysm and nearly died, she's had countless, countless issues. But the latest has been the worst.

First she was diagnosed with colitis...But nope, that wasn't all there was. Then she was diagnosed with NASH (Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis), basically her liver is completely ****ed. She vomits nearly every day, sometimes all day. She can barely eat anything. Oh, but that isn't all. A little over a month ago, she got this incredible pain on her side. She immediately started vomiting. She said if she moved even a little bit, she'd immediately vomit. She said it was the worst pain she ever felt. Way worse than childbirth, said she'd rather have 10 kids at once. Worse than her hysterectomy, worse than her aneurysm, with all of the pain she's had, this has to be a 10. So what did she do? Call an ambulance? Nope. She ****ing drove home from work. She said she had to pull over a dozen times on the 20 minute drive home. Then she lied there in one spot, regularly vomiting, for the rest of the day. Said the pain was about a day and a half long. Two weeks later, she was already at home, and the same thing happened. Again, she didn't go to the hospital.

She told her doctor about it, and her doctor was rightfully very angry. He told her she could have easily died, and she needs to call 9-1-1 next time. I don't think any ****ing person in the world aside from her would have just lied there feeling the worst pain imaginable on TWO separate occasions. So, she probably has this condition that basically means she will have to get a liver transplant eventually or she will die. She hasn't been diagnosed yet, but they told her they found something in her blood, so chances are she has it, especially since her symptoms are extremely indicative of said condition.

To make matters worse, one of her friends that she knew from her old job was admitted a couple weeks ago into the hospital for that pain I said earlier, and...she never made it out. So, my mom has to deal with that fear, too.

I know everyone says this about their moms, but she is literally the toughest person I've ever met. To not even go to the ****ing hospital after that, and to still go to work when she can, even though she throws up every day, it's incredible. But I have to admit, I'm very scared.

Just thought I'd share this here. It's been though, but we are all pulling through. I can't imagine how she feels right now.

So sorry to hear all that Jim Jam. I really wish you and your mother the best which is sadly all I can do. :(

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I might be totally overstepping a boundary here, so please don't get mad when I say the following:

Your mother probably isn't as strong as you think she is. Not calling for help when you need some is a sign that someone has given up on life in my opinion. I've seen it happen with people who were in trouble many times before. I recently read something my dad wrote about his experiences of spending a few weeks in a clinic with my then terminally ill mother, and from what he wrote, it's clear to me that she had given up too. She died a few months afterwards.

I don't know your mother personally, so all this is theory on my part, so please don't take it the wrong way. I do think you should consider having a talk with her, and openly asking her for her reasons of not calling 911 when she was in that situation. Chances are she needs someone to get her spirits back up.

Best of luck to both of you, and again, please don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm only trying to help.
I don't think she's quite at that point yet; she's going to call 911 next time, plus she still tries to go to work as much as she can, which I think keeps her going. But she's definitely sick of seeing the doctor at this point.

So sorry to hear all that Jim Jam. I really wish you and your mother the best which is sadly all I can do. :(
Thanks Dan :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So, my mom is really sick. REALLY sick.

She's been extremely ill for god knows how long. Decades. She's had everything in the book. She had to have a hysterectomy, they removed her womb. She also had her gallbladder removed, she had an aneurysm and nearly died, she's had countless, countless issues. But the latest has been the worst.

First she was diagnosed with colitis...But nope, that wasn't all there was. Then she was diagnosed with NASH (Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis), basically her liver is completely ****ed. She vomits nearly every day, sometimes all day. She can barely eat anything. Oh, but that isn't all. A little over a month ago, she got this incredible pain on her side. She immediately started vomiting. She said if she moved even a little bit, she'd immediately vomit. She said it was the worst pain she ever felt. Way worse than childbirth, said she'd rather have 10 kids at once. Worse than her hysterectomy, worse than her aneurysm, with all of the pain she's had, this has to be a 10. So what did she do? Call an ambulance? Nope. She ****ing drove home from work. She said she had to pull over a dozen times on the 20 minute drive home. Then she lied there in one spot, regularly vomiting, for the rest of the day. Said the pain was about a day and a half long. Two weeks later, she was already at home, and the same thing happened. Again, she didn't go to the hospital.

She told her doctor about it, and her doctor was rightfully very angry. He told her she could have easily died, and she needs to call 9-1-1 next time. I don't think any ****ing person in the world aside from her would have just lied there feeling the worst pain imaginable on TWO separate occasions. So, she probably has this condition that basically means she will have to get a liver transplant eventually or she will die. She hasn't been diagnosed yet, but they told her they found something in her blood, so chances are she has it, especially since her symptoms are extremely indicative of said condition.

To make matters worse, one of her friends that she knew from her old job was admitted a couple weeks ago into the hospital for that pain I said earlier, and...she never made it out. So, my mom has to deal with that fear, too.

I know everyone says this about their moms, but she is literally the toughest person I've ever met. To not even go to the ****ing hospital after that, and to still go to work when she can, even though she throws up every day, it's incredible. But I have to admit, I'm very scared.

Just thought I'd share this here. It's been though, but we are all pulling through. I can't imagine how she feels right now.
Ouch, that's very tough to read Jamie. I seriously hope your mom will call 9-1-1 next time. It's a scary thing when this happens and you're on the edge of so called "dying". I wish you and your family all the best and good wishes for the near future. Damn mate, this is never easy. I wish there was a bit more I could say or even do for you and your family. But I can only keep you all in my thoughts!

I don't think she's quite at that point yet; she's going to call 911 next time, plus she still tries to go to work as much as she can, which I think keeps her going. But she's definitely sick of seeing the doctor at this point.

OK, I understand. I had to go to the doctor way more than I would have liked myself lately, so I can relate. Thankfully my condition isn't that serious. Anyway, it's good to hear you faith in her. Hoping for the best!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That moment when you realize you are getting old... I have only about 5 years to reach my peak, and after that, it's all downhill from there....

I also find it despicable that there are children out there who don't even know who George W. Bush is.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I just get tired of always hearing about drama on skype, facebook and god knows where else. If you're an adult, behave like one or go back to school and play in kindergarten. If you don't like one person or have problems with them, don't take it out on other people and block everybody associated with that person. Grow the hell up.

Pen

The game is on!
That moment when you realize you are getting old... I have only about 5 years to reach my peak, and after that, it's all downhill from there....

Being 20 was the best age for me so far. Of course that wasn't too long ago for me, but I'd still say that 20 has so far been my favourite age to be. ^^ Judging by that, you still have the best ahead of you! ;)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

I also find it despicable that there are children out there who don't even know who George W. Bush is.
Oh dude I know the feels. I'm only 6 years and one month away from the big five zero

I hate certain relatives with all my heart. I wish to the Gods this one particular cousin would drunk drive off a cliff, or into a volcano, or will never be seen again. I'm not just saying that,I hate her so badly that I can't hear or see her name without blacking out in a momentary flash of rage. Its how much of a PoS she is.

I hate certain relatives with all my heart. I wish to the Gods this one particular cousin would drunk drive off a cliff, or into a volcano, or will never be seen again. I'm not just saying that,I hate her so badly that I can't hear or see her name without blacking out in a momentary flash of rage. Its how much of a PoS she is.

Sounds rather toxic. If possible, just kick her out of your life. No point in spending time with toxic people like that, relative or not.

Sounds rather toxic. If possible, just kick her out of your life. No point in spending time with toxic people like that, relative or not.

I try not to believe me. -_- I go to great lengths to avoid people I despise and believe me, it takes a lot to earn my permanent hatred, but some people foist their unwanted presence on others because they're assholes, or oblivious, or too nice to speak up and the rest of us have to suffer for it.

I mean I'm no angel all the time myself but still.

Thanks Soul. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom