• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hardest Game You Own?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
By the way, do games count that are fairly easy for about 98% of the game and then suddenly kick into insanely berserker hard shortly before or even during the bossfight? If they do count, my list of hardcore games just got a lot bigger. The gamecube era alone had Beyond Good and Evil, Starfox Adventures, Metroid Prime. And that doesn't even mention all of those Japanese RPGs where you're suddenly on the moon without a way to get back, and every monster is suddenly three times as strong as their Earth counterparts...

The hardest game I own would probably be Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja for the Nintendo DS. I had had this game since maybe 2008, and I still haven't beaten it. I've gotten very close to beating it, but then the game file became corrupted. I was mad after that, I haven't picked it back up since then.

Halo 2.

Try it on Legendary sometime. Specifically, try the level Outskirts. I've beaten the first level of Halo 2 on Legendary, but I just GAVE UP on this level after about 35 deaths due to the infamous Sniper Alley. Sniper Jackals in Halo 2, man, I'll tell you. If you so much as stick your head out for a split second to take a peek around, you are going to have to deal with super-heated instant death super-duper accurate plasma in the face nearly instantly. Sniper Jackals in Halo 2. They kill in one hit. They don't miss 99% of the time. And they take 1/2 a second to aim. Another half second to shoot and kill you.

Jedizora

:right:
By the way, do games count that are fairly easy for about 98% of the game and then suddenly kick into insanely berserker hard shortly before or even during the bossfight? If they do count, my list of hardcore games just got a lot bigger. The gamecube era alone had Beyond Good and Evil, Starfox Adventures, Metroid Prime. And that doesn't even mention all of those Japanese RPGs where you're suddenly on the moon without a way to get back, and every monster is suddenly three times as strong as their Earth counterparts...

If it was the hardest game for you to beat, then yes it counts.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Wow, tough Michael. The hardest video game I've ever played? That's even tougher. I'd need to say at the moment... Dragon Quest 9. Maybe. I just beat it sometime around August, and I don't think I've beaten a harder game since. I guess MM is a tough second, but I just beat it this morning. On a better note, I gots the Fierce Deity Mask, HOORAY!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm going to have to go with Legend of Zelda 2 Adventure of Link and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES. I'll suicide just trying to pass them.

i have quite a few hard games: AoL, Megaman 1, Megaman 3, Chrono Trigger, (you will NOT beat this game without at least 1 gameover per boss) but the one that takes the cake is the infamously hard Ninja Gaiden on the NES. it throws about 4 enemies at you at once in the later stages, almost every enemy in the game either flies, jumps around, or throws things in the later stages making them incredibly difficult to hit without being hit, and they all take about one fourth of your lifebar per hit. you think that's all? well then here's some more reasons: if an enemy's close to the edge of the screen, they'll infinitely respawn. the platforming is incredibly hard and there's almost always an enemy where you're going to land. whenever you get hit, you seem to gravitate towards the nearest bottemless pit. and last but not least, THERE'S A TIME LIMIT!! it's not a forgiving time limit either, it doesn't let you take your time at all.

...now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go have nightmares about it now.

Djinn

and Tonic
Good point. I've never finished that one. That electric pink seaweed gets me every time.

I could always beat that level, but the very next one after that. I have never heard of anyone beating that. Just hours and hours of riding around in the van shooting things getting nowhere.

Now that you guys reminded me of it, this would definitely be in my top ten hardest games of all time. Even game genies cannot make it any better.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I could always beat that level, but the very next one after that. I have never heard of anyone beating that. Just hours and hours of riding around in the van shooting things getting nowhere.

Now that you guys reminded me of it, this would definitely be in my top ten hardest games of all time. Even game genies cannot make it any better.

To think my brother can go through that game with a breeze except he always dies at the Technodrome. He never gets electrocuted in the water and knows all the spots were you can get your turtles back. Just like in Super Mario and Super Mario 3. He knows all the secrets from when he was a kid.

Jedizora

:right:
Actually, I've ale
ways found Dragon quest 9 to be quite easy, but if you don't level up I can see what you mean.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
the one that takes the cake is the infamously hard Ninja Gaiden on the NES. it throws about 4 enemies at you at once in the later stages, almost every enemy in the game either flies, jumps around, or throws things in the later stages making them incredibly difficult to hit without being hit, and they all take about one fourth of your lifebar per hit. you think that's all? well then here's some more reasons: if an enemy's close to the edge of the screen, they'll infinitely respawn. the platforming is incredibly hard and there's almost always an enemy where you're going to land. whenever you get hit, you seem to gravitate towards the nearest bottemless pit. and last but not least, THERE'S A TIME LIMIT!! it's not a forgiving time limit either, it doesn't let you take your time at all.

I also love how in Act 6 if you get killed by the Masked Devil, Jaquio, or the Demon, you have to start all the way back to the beginning ... of stage ONE, not stage two. So if you don't run the table on the 3 final bosses (which I actually managed to do only once) you get to do the entire act over again, and oh yeah by the way it's by far the hardest act in the game. That's just brutal torture on the first playthrough when you're having to figure out a strategy to defeat each boss through trial & error. By the time you FINALLY get through the 2 stages and back to the boss you've forgotten what was working against him last time lol so you're back at square one. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom