• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hardest Game You Own?

Jedizora

:right:
So what was the hardest game you own? Mine is super maro sunshine. The jumps, and the timimngs are impossible without using walkthorughs. Whats is your hardest game, and why?

Djinn

and Tonic
I still own a few original NES games so that might makes things a little unfair. Because let's be honest, no one knows what to do or where to go in Rygar. No one..

But a couple years ago I grabbed the remake of Pocky & Rocky on PS2. I loved those games on SNES but they are incredibly hard. The PS2 one I still cannot get through the third level. It would have to get my vote for hardest.

"So what was the hardest game you own? Mine is super maro sunshine. The jumps, and the timimngs are impossible without using walkthorughs. Whats is your hardest game, and why?"
Wow! Sunshine was easy for me. Its not that hard once you get used to it. The only hard part is Corona Mountain. Anyway, I'd have to say Zelda II

Jedizora

:right:

Wow! Sunshine was easy for me. Its not that hard once you get used to it. The only hard part is Corona Mountain. Anyway, I'd have to say Zelda II
Well, there was the fact that I kept trying to backflip zelda wind waker style.

Hm. I don't own a lot of really hard games, since I draw a line between hard and long/hard to control. I would probbably say Super R-Type or Prince of Persia.
The only shooter I'm good at is Galaga. I'm not used to advanced weaponry, or walls that cause you to explode, which is the case with Super R-Type.
Prince of Persia happens to have a great style of gameplay, and it (alongside Out of This World) is the mascot for cinematic platformers. I really want to see more games from this genre, as it has a lot more finnesse and realism to it. Anyway, Prince of Persia is hard for me mainly because of the controls. Holding A is supposed to cause the character to walk one step, almost stealthily. However, this occasionally fails, and causes me to duck, crawl, and go sailing into a pit of spikes. I know I just said that bad controls don't count, but this is more of a glitch than a control flaw, as nothing is too stiff or too loose.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I still have a bunch of NES games and I don't think I have this one anymore, but Ghost and Goblins was sooo hard. I cannot beat that game!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The hardest game? Gee, I dunno...I have several, but I guess Valkyrie Profile 2 for the Ps2 is hard/challenging. (when you don't actually cheat and level up your characters too much)

--Edit--Oh, you asked why as well. Anyway, because the monsters and bosses are tough, and if you think on tackling them without going a few levels past the mark, then you are in for some rough times.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I still own a few original NES games so that might makes things a little unfair. Because let's be honest, no one knows what to do or where to go in Rygar. No one..

I love Rygar :D Back when it came out, my friend (whose LoZ was the first time I ever played Zelda) and I spent what seemed like weeks trying to beat it, and when we got to Ligar, it took so many tries before we finally killed him (our Tone & Last were well under 3000 if I recall). Since then I've beaten it so many times that it's not very hard for me, but you make a very good point .. the game is extremely vague as far as directing you on where to go, possibly just as much or even more than LoZ.

As far as hardest game I've ever owned, the aforementioned Ghosts & Goblins ... I would say Ninja Gaiden (NES), but I was at least able to beat it. G&G? Forget about it , lol.

Djinn

and Tonic
I love Rygar :D Back when it came out, my friend (whose LoZ was the first time I ever played Zelda) and I spent what seemed like weeks trying to beat it, and when we got to Ligar, it took so many tries before we finally killed him (our Tone & Last were well under 3000 if I recall). Since then I've beaten it so many times that it's not very hard for me, but you make a very good point .. the game is extremely vague as far as directing you on where to go, possibly just as much or even more than LoZ.

Yea that was my problem. I had no trouble surviving and killing enemies. But wandering around for hours over and over having no clue where to go. I never did find that grappling hook.

You do have a point with Ghosts and Goblins. Impossible, and have you ever tried surviving the very first level of Contra without the thirty life code? It was as if these games were designed to be unbeatable.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The grappling hook was to the left when you enter the valley area (the overhead view) .. left and then up. You need it to get through even just the first level. After the first level you had to do the cave on the southern island to get the crossbow, but after that you can do the last 3 places in any order before the sky castle.

Contra is definitely another .. I can't imagine anyone beating it with only 3 lives. If I recall I never did beat it even with 30 lives on my own, it had to be with a 2nd player.

linkman8

True and Noble
The unfortunate thing is that I have never owned a lot of the really old, tough games. Also, I don't really have any impossible games, but I do have some really tough ones.
-Adventure of Link- Not even going to argue there. I can't even get past the second dungeon.
-All of the Ghost Recon games - Did they HAVE to make the enemies so hard to see? Did they HAVE to disallow most flesh wounds?
-Most arcade games- They're very fun and addicting, but in the end one has to realize how maddeningly difficult they were.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I never played the NES Ghosts and Goblins, but I've got Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES), and its difficulty makes AoL look like Kirby's Epic Yarn in comparison.

Also, the very first Mega Man (NES) is hardcore. Even if you do know the correct order in which to defeat the robot masters, it's insanely hard. And if you don't use the pause glitch, that one yellow miniboss is pretty much unbeatable.

Oh, and then there's Metal Slug. Arcade version. Sure, in the home console version, you've got unlimited continues, but if you keep in mind that you had to insert a coin for every single one of them, beating the game was about as expensive as a Neo Geo MVS. And no, I don't own the Arcade version. I've only got the PS2 Metal Slug collection. Still, I had to mention it.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have a series of PC games called Starshine Legacy. The hardest game I have ever played is one of them called: "Starshine Legacy: The Dark Core Riddle" and it is the fourth and final one. On the last level, you have to enter a world called Pandoria and find seals for the specific person you are controlling. Yes, you have to complete it with 4 different people and there is a time limit too. The seals are guarded by these black things that return you to the start. My main problem is that Pandoria is confusing. I might not have mentioned this, but you have to do everything on horseback. Sometimes, when you are in Pandoria, the horse can get stuck by jumping on ledges and other stuff. Also, if you fall down, you have to start all over again! Basically here is what you expect:
AnnePandoria.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom