• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dreamers RP (Thread)

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Max barely had time to think about "Lance's" words before suddenly they were all falling. Again. This time, they seemed to keep falling before finally landing HARD on the ground. Max grunted as he came in contact with the new floor, hoping that this would be the last time they would have to have the earth cave in beneath them.

He looked around and heard the words the others said. "I tink...'what da hell' fits wherever we are. Dis certainly looks like hell."

Olivia followed after Xaviar. (Lame line is lame, I think maybe they all should meet up here soon? Wutever you guys want :3)

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Shannon landed on the ground, probably the roughest of all the landings. "Oww..." He groaned as he picked himself up off the ground, "I think I might have a minor concussion now..." He holds his head, "Lets just... try to figure out if we can find the others." He then sighs, "Told you guys this was a trap."

--

Xaviar sighs, "All this walking isn't helping." He mumbles to himself.

(Since when is Xavi bipolar. Weird Dreamers Xavi is weird.)

"Did I say it wasn't? I'm so sorry, Mr. Wolfe," Meli replied sarcastically. "I said it didn't matter. One way or another, we're going to find them. Chances are they've fallen for the same trap. Now we're that much more likely to figure out where they are." She stood, careful to not jarr her bruised body too much. "I may act like it sometimes--well, okay, a lot--but I'm not stupid. This makes things easier on us."

((Yay Meli and your weird, very Monolithic outlook @_@
Wait, is the Meli from our RP emerging here, Silvy? That would be good if she was. We have a long way to go.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((OK guys, I'm about to do something super-dramatic. Prepare yourselves. Because I am unconfident. And Dagger's about to go through a ton of guano.))

In the pits of hell, many voices mingled together. Calling, weeping, screaming. But one voice managed to reach a particular redhead's ears, even though it was the quietest of all.

"Dagger..."

Dagger's head shot up at the painfully familiar voice calling his name, his eyes darting around suspiciously. Had he just heard what he thought he'd just heard? Who he thought he'd just heard? Was that really...

"Dagger..."

"Madi?" He almost whispered, unable to believe it, but wanting to so much more than he'd ever admit. He stopped and turned to the direction the voice seemed to come from, not even noticing whether his allies noticed him stop or not. "Madi, is that you?" He called a bit louder, the heartbroken hope growing in his voice.

"Dagger!"

He smiled, truly smiled, for the first time in... a long time. It really was her! It really was Madi! He ran toward the voice, needing to see his little sister again. Without him even consciously realizing it, he had started to think how he had when he was a kid again. Madi was what was important. Madi was what mattered. Madi was his first and only priority. He needed to take care of Madi at all costs. Nothing else even mattered.

Madi kept calling to him, but her voice was getting farther away. He ran harder, calling back to her every time she spoke, desperate beyond measure to reach her.

((And it has begun. Posting now before I lose my courage!))

Meli perked suddenly--there was a voice nearby, calling out to somebody named Madi...

"Eff no," she muttered under her breath. "Dagger, you're not actually that stupid, are you...?" She groaned audibly and started to go in the direction of his voice. "DAGGER!" she shouted, waving an arm above her head.

He didn't see her, but she could see him. He was running... chasing soemthing.

Meli furrowed her brow, watching in alarm as he gained speed, clearly becoming frantic in his search. There was no time to lose.

"DAMMIT, DAGGER, SHE'S NOT THERE!" Meli shouted, breaking into a sprint to pursue him. Dagger wasn't a pleasant person, but they needed him in the group, as much as Meli hated to admit it. And, if her guess was right, he was trying to find his sister. Nobody deserved to relive that kind of pain.

(Oho, relationship-building tension. I love platonic rivalry.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((You have no idea the smile on my face. And gah, Dagger can't see Madi. I guess I didn't explain that right. And I'm not sure where this is going to go, because I talked with Silvsy about this and am not clear if (embarrassedly still confused on gender. Silvsy's a she, right?) is going to pick up on this event like I thought s/he was gonna. So slightly filler post for now! Woo!))

Dagger didn't even hear Melica. Like, he physically didn't hear her. He was too focused on trying to find Madi, following her ever-fainter voice.

((You have no idea the smile on my face. And gah, Dagger can't see Madi. I guess I didn't explain that right. And I'm not sure where this is going to go, because I talked with Silvsy about this and am not clear if (embarrassedly still confused on gender. Silvsy's a she, right?) is going to pick up on this event like I thought s/he was gonna. So slightly filler post for now! Woo!))

Dagger didn't even hear Melica. Like, he physically didn't hear her. He was too focused on trying to find Madi, following her ever-fainter voice.

((Lol. Silvy is a girl. And Meli will continue her pursuit. I ship this so platonically...))

Meli let out a yell of angry protest, pouring on speed to reach Dagger before he did soemthing stupid, which he was bound to do before long. As she came closer by the second, it became clearer that it wa,s indeed, Dagger and that he was definitely chasing something--and that he was completely ignoring her. In any other situation, it would be a blessing.

But right now, she had to make sure he didn't go killing himself from something he was seeing or hearing that didn't exist.

She lunged out with one hand to take hold of his forearm, ready to pull him back and try to restrain him until she could get a grip on the situation.

((hehe, and I know exactly what to do next. But whether she misses or get shim and he escapes is up to you, Tatl.

I'm picturing this all in anime instead of my normal head art style for some reason... yes I think in my art style. Kind of. it's hard to explain.))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Not sure whether to have a touching Meli/Dagger scene where he just breaks down on her, or have the chase continue to an epic thing Silvsy'll want to do. For now, this:))

Dagger felt something grab hold of his arm, stopping him in his tracks. Instantly, he instinctively began attempting to pull himself free. Madi was getting farther away, he had to catch up! When he looked back at what had a hold of him, he was furious to see it was Melica. "**** it, Meli! Let me go!"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"She's getting farther away!" It was like he didn't even hear her. He was straining his ears for Madi's whispering call, and still trying to get out of Meli's iron-like grip. "I'm gonna lose her!" He shouted that heartwrenching phrase with such desperation, anyone could tell the pain he was in... And how long he'd been denying it.

((Deeeeeep...))

Meli didn't know what else to do. She had to make him see sense somehow, or at lest get him calm enough to listen to her. So she wrapped one of her arms around his waist, the other still gripping his wrist, and held on tightly. She was just restraining him, but it kind of looked like a hug. She stayed like that until he calmed down, prepared to wait a while.

She'd done thsi toa lot of peopel t Pleausre--hodl teh down utnil they chill adn tll them what they need to hear. it worked.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((:right: Do I see the Melagger surfacing? ...Dagger's 17 here. Awk-weeeerd~...))

At this new development, Dagger was surprised, outraged, and extremely uncomfortable. "What the heck, Melica?! Let me GO!" He began trying to get out of her grasp, even resorting to using his fists. But to no avail. He kept trying, though. Gotta admire his persistance.

Eventually, Madi's call was gone, the sound faded to nothing. That was when he gave up. He slumped in Meli's hold, ready to fall to his knees. If one was to look carefully, they could see tears in his eyes, threatening dangerously to fall.

Last edited:
((No. Motherly Meli emerging. Trust me.))

When she felt him slump, Meli just started talking in a hushed, consoling but still very clear and firm voice. She knew how he felt, what his pain was like, and she just let all that go.

"Listen. She's not there, and she may never have been there. But I know very well your pain, and how desperate you are to reach her again. You felt like nothing could stop you, and then I did..." She faltered. "I'm sorry. But she wasn't there. You've suffered for so long, and worked so hard to conceal it. Just when you thought you can stop searchlight so hard, you lost that chance. I took it form you. Feel free to hate me.

"But I didn't actually take anything tangible. There was never anything there. Only your mind, done with holding it in and taking it out on you. You don't want to hurt anymore, and inside I know how lonely you are. Because... I feel that loneliness, too.

"But I'm the Fire. I have to keep burning, no matter how much it hurts. So I want make sure everyone else keeps going, too. Nobody deserves to die... nobody. understand that--I know it better than most. As do you. But nothing can wake the sleeping dead." She fell silent. There was nothing more she could say.

((...deep))

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Through all of Meli's words, silent tears were running down Dagger's face. Her last words struck a chord in him, though it didn't seem to show. Slowly, he reached for his brand, and held on to the pendant tightly, as if for comfort. His mouth opened, and he whispered, low and quietly, "Then why do we even have these?"

((Commas. And deepness.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom