• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Confession Thread *SERIOUS REPLIES*

My confession would be that I'm getting really tired of the drama that goes on this this place. I'm tired of people who make alts to spam and troll the forums and I'm tired of people who think that's funny and I'm tired of people who get in fights with each other over something as stupid as that. It's nothing but detrimental to the community and I'm tired of the attitude that "it's all fun and games" and "don't get your panties in a bunch over it". Seriously. Grow up.

^My God, this!

Seriously, I'm so tired of seeing a lot of drama going around here lately. I just want everybody to get along and stop with the hate. I understand there are people you dislike, but on a forum, either get along with them or ignore them entirely. Simple as that.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
This is something I really need to let out.

I confess that I wish I never had friends to be or to smile with. I wish that I wasn't close to the people that I'm close now. I don't know why but.. I just really think I don't deserve friends or people like that. Not because I hate people but it's because that I'm honestly not good enough to fill up their expectations. Sometimes I wish that I was living in solitary so that no one would bother me. Sometimes I just really want and I just really want to feel alone. I want to lock myself up and pretend to not exist. I want to do that so badly...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I have a few actual confessions that has been on my mind quite a bit lately so I'm just gonna get them all out in one if that's okay:

1) I've slept with 9 guys. I don't believe in s l u t shaming but it's not something I'm proud of either. 6 of those are one night stands. Of those, 2 of them were people I genuinely cared about but it just didn't work out. Considering I've been sexually active for almost 5 years I guess that averages to less than two a year. And the fact is, I never really cared about that for a long time. I don't really regret them as such, but sometimes I feel seriously out of place amongst my friends, who are either in relationships or are still virgins and/or waiting for marriage. For the record, I'm always safe and have never caught an STD or anything like that. I respect other people's choices but I don't get any respect for mine. At the end of the day I have always been aware of the decisions I've made in situations and there have been a lot more guys I've turned down or it hasn't gone beyond normal making out. But all the same, I think all of this has kind of warped me sexually and relationship-wise because I have serious issues with intimacy- I find it so easy to have someone inside me but if it comes to them saying they like/love me or they want to hold my hand in public- it makes me feel sick to the stomach. I can't deal with it, and I think this may be a contributing factor. I don't have any particular moral standpoint on sleeping with multiple people or whatever, but I do think I have kind of ****ed up.

2) I've been getting depressed again, and my friends know this. I've tried to tell them so lately, "I'm getting ill again" as in, mentally ill. I have no control over any of it and obviously that scares me because I was getting so much better. And the lack of control is also something I have explained to my 'friends' over and over, but they bail on me left right and centre and blame the fact I've been snappy and melodramatic lately, when all I really want is for someone just to simply ask me how I am. I don't expect anything from them because I don't burden them with my problems, but it would be a nice thought if they were even slightly concerned about me but they don't seem to be. It's made me think about some crap things they've done I've just forgiven them for, and the amount of times I've dropped everything to help them when they have stupid boy troubles which in actual reality half the time I'm just sitting there thinking 'oh my god just grow up and get over it'. I am living an adult lifestyle whereas they're all students or whatever not really living in the real world so I try to be tolerant but I feel like their parent sometimes. Like I said, I never ask for anything in return so when I ask if we can meet up I would just rather they didn't cancel on me last minute. That really messes me up and gets me into this whole thought cycle I'm explaining now, which culminates in me wondering if I'm just a bad person for thinking their problems are kind of dumb even though I'd never say that to them, and that's why they're basically using me as a doormat, as some kind of punishment?

3) I actually have an obsessive compulsive disorder. I'm not one of those ones who cleans everything 20,000 times a day but it came out of my anxiety problems; I would have to take an even number of steps before the next car drove past me or I'd have a terrible accident. I have to say a prayer to a god I barely even believe in every night last thing before I sleep in case my mum dies. I've only recently even admitted this to myself, but it's nice to have it out there.

Sorry for filling this up with so much. It kinda just felt good to confess all of this.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
To clarify maybe...

Translation:

"I will be nice to you, even if I don't like you, and at the moment you make me mad, I don't have the power to control my not being mad at you because I am only human, just like you, but I will strive to conquer that and continue to be nice to you even while I am mad, and eventually I will get over my anger, too."

I dunno, I thought I'd share what I read, just to untangle some confusions maybe. =)

Thank you Rainy! ^^

Okay, this may not be a serious confession to anybody else, but to me it is.

I really can't stand holidays anymore. They make me feel angry and depressed because I don't do things like spending time with the family or going out to eat a nice dinner. And since I don't have any friends IRL, my holidays are never happy. Nowadays, I just see holidays as a huge waste of time.

I called in sick to work last Tuesday, even though I could've probably made it through the day. This caused my friend to have to cover for me, and it made him really angry with me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay, this may not be a serious confession to anybody else, but to me it is.

I really can't stand holidays anymore. They make me feel angry and depressed because I don't do things like spending time with the family or going out to eat a nice dinner. And since I don't have any friends IRL, my holidays are never happy. Nowadays, I just see holidays as a huge waste of time.
I always see them as extra days off from work. On days like this I do things I like only like being lazy and watching some tv and spending time on the net. It is just an extra day off :)

Kybyrian

I confess that I may not have always taken things serious. I confess that I didn't do everything in my power to make things good for people when I had the chance... that I may not have always supported others like I do now. I realize that I've made some failures during my life, and many of them were to the people here that I would dare to call friends after smudging their names behind their backs. However, I vow to make a change. I will reflect upon the two years that I have wasted that could have been spent--even a few hours a week--letting everyone enjoying themselves and improving the quality of the community for everyone. I did not always think this way, and I was not fit to make the decisions I should have been making.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm will admit I have a really short temper and I am really impulsive and extremely annoying.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Fig

The Altruist
I know there are times to joke around, but sometimes I get so irritated by the logic behind it. Let's go with this example. I am part of a Smash group on FB and we were talking about the complete character roster for Smash 4, something that both excites me and terrifies me because of the logic behind most of these fanmade rosters. Yes, I will laugh about it the first several times, but if people keep believing that if certain characters that obviously are never going to be a part of Smash (i.e. Master Chief, Goku, Naruto, etc) don't appear in the final product, then they are not going to buy the game and claim that it is a loss for Nintendo and Sakurai. I get so many migraines when that kind of logic is used and this expands to other topics and not just video games. Just the other day, someone was complaining about how he got a fine for speeding for going over 70mph on a 50 mph road and what made it worse was that he believes that the policeman was discriminating him just because he was Hispanic. Seriously, how can people have this kind of logic inside of them. I want to knock some sense into them with more than just my words, but I have to just contain my frustration and simply say that they are wrong. .-.

I don't feel an obligation to share this with anyone, but I need writing practice, so stuff. Okay?

For starters, I'd just like to let it be known, once again, that I have Social Anxiety Disorder and Depression. Okay, well because of this, I have difficulties with speaking, interacting with people, doing things out in public—important things, such as renewing my driver's license (phew, glad I got that out of the way)—and making friends. To put up with this, I've come up with some defense mechanisms and coping habits to handle the world a little better, but my methods are actually kind of messed up.

One thing I do is put on an emotionless mask: there's literally NO sort of emotion on my face whatsoever. Just yesterday, some guy that works in the meat department at my job made note of this, simply because I wouldn't laugh at a joke he had just told; in fact, I NEVER do. I never express emotion to anything anyone says, bar a few rare occasions. That same coworker also made note of how I never talk and how "it pisses him off." Another thing I do is mentally belittle everyone around me. I mentioned in a thread a few months back that I've never looked down upon anyone. Well, this couldn't be further from the truth. The truth is, I think everyone around me is pathetic, stupid, and unworthy—I don't like to waste my time on them because they're scum. Thirdly, I've learned how to fake emotions when dealing with people. Almost immediately after I don the most facetious Disney smile ever, my face returns right back to having no affect.

It sucks having to use these coping mechanisms, and it seems I've being using them subconciously for gods know how long; it actually took me YEARS to figure out that I was doing this. But this is how I deal with people and life and general. My face is emotionless due to depression—it's actually called 'flat affect' (Yes, there's a name for this.) In order to interact with anyone without having a major anxiety attack, I have to mentally look down on them and view them as worse than myself to sort of 'lift myself up', simply because my self-esteem is dangerously low or even non-existent. In actuality, I know that they're tons better than I can ever hope to be in every possible way imaginable... (for years I've let everyone and their brother walk all over me and eff me over, thanks to having this mindset tucked away in the far reaches of my mind) ...but if I feel if I accept this notion, that I'll be incapable of functioning properly throughout the day, which tends to be true. Faking emotions is just that: FAKING. It's all a lie, but it's just something I do to try to look somewhat 'normal'. I often say I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me—which I don't for the most part—but there are just some things you have to [at least pretend to] care about, you know? One of such things is my appearance at work. I work as a produce clerk at a grocery store; I HAVE to deal with coworkers and customers day in and day out. Smiling, no matter how fake, just comes with the territory.

Sometimes I wish I had enabling parents, or simply a good relationship with the one parent that I have left, just so that I could move back home and lock myself away in my old bedroom again; that way, I don't have to deal with the world and people. Sadly, I don't have the luxury of parents. I am left alone in the world to fend for myself with depression and anxiety. My coping mechanisms are all I have. I KNOW they're effed up. I KNOW that they're poor ways of dealing. But the way I see it is that they're better alternatives to smoking, drinking, using drugs or self-medicating, sex addiction, etc., etc., and I've been using my habits unconciously for years. I've always wondered how I've been able to put up with my pathetic existence without resorting to the usual (drug abuse, sex, self-harm, etc.,, although, I've attempted suicide twice), and now I've realized that it's all thanks to my effed up antisocial copng mechanisms.

And don't worry... I like to think that I have my coping behaviors under control on the Internet, but as a safety precaution (just in case), whenever I'm feeling particularly 'off' about something, I do things such as lock my profile, etc. And here some of you thought I was just being a dooshface c*nt-bucket. DON'T ASSUME. Trust me, I do this for your OWN good (lol).

Lastly... my coping mechanisms are not totally effective; sometimes, they don't work at all. Back in high school, after putting up with constant anxiety all day, I'd go home feeling like absolute crap, thinking of all the things [that I imagined?] people were judging me about—my appearance, my work performance, my anxiety in and of itself, and so on. This same cycle continues, this time with work. Every night, when I'm walking home I often hope for the worst possible thing to happen to me. Oftentimes I imagine myself crossing the street and being struck by a bus. I actually want to die really badly, but I'm too weak to do it myself. And masochistically enough, I've grown to like the feeling of being extremely depressed or something—especially the chest pain and the numbness where it feels like there's this heavy cinderblock where my heart once was; good stuff (Wow, that sounds corny. Holy cow...). I need help...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Early in 10th grade, I tried experimenting with my sexuality. How did I go about doing this? Well... I'm not telling! :P Why did I do it? I went through this period in which I thought I might be bisexual, so I wanted to make sure. The result? Turned out I wasn't. I had an.. "attraction" of sorts towards a person of the male sex, but that was a rare occurrence, and only happened once. I know that I'm straight now, but it was... interesting, to say the least, to do a little bit of experimentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom