• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no other factors played in I'd suppose so. Part of the pumpkin bomb ability is a forewarning received from the mod. Laughter, being told GG has marked you for death, you have till EOD, yada yada.

There's a slight chance it's a farce. I semi recall a past game where this ability was present but it had a different effect. Might have been Zinger mafia. I'll have to go digging.
Are you willing to take that chance? Shouldn't we at least try to save a friend in need?

Found it. It was SMM2. Green Goblin could cackle, which would send out the message I just described but was a feint. He could also bombard, which was a full NK. I'm not sure if it was full effect in the original, the archive on that is a mess. I'd treat it as a full effect until otherwise shown though.

@numbers
When you say it could be a farce, I'm inclined to believe that you have some spider sense/reflex maneuver that you could use to dodge if you had too.

I'd really rather you not die.

So we've got two options. I'd like both of them to go into effect. 1.) protect numbers. 2.) FInd a way to take down freddeh before things get worse.

@CL, nah I was just strike by remembrance.

Getting a proc is iffy(since we don't know how many friendlies are left), so I'm going to prioritize current impact over future planning. Plus I'd like to hear from Fred before great moves are made on him. If you really believe funnier is a potential future issue/threat we should run him up first as he has shown himself to be the harder to remove obstacle.

Maybe a slowpoke on answering this, but Rumor Mill provides a Rumor accompanied by a percent. I assumed this percent was the "Likelihood of Truth". For the rumor I shared yesterday, it was 55%. Another player called out 95%.

Right. I don't have the key to getting rid of fred, but I do know how to get rid of funnier for now. I do not know if he can come back or anything else, nor if it's needed right now since I lost contact with him. But you guys already figured out how to get rid of funnier yesterday, funnily enough.

Voteblock him, and then pile on the votes, not a moment sooner.

Maybe a slowpoke on answering this, but Rumor Mill provides a Rumor accompanied by a percent. I assumed this percent was the "Likelihood of Truth". For the rumor I shared yesterday, it was 55%. Another player called out 95%.
I've had a one rumor with 100%. All the rest have been labeled "Design".

I love how we're assuming that this is how likely they are to be true instead of how likely they are to be false. Or maybe that's how true/false the rumour is. Maybe they're red herrings meant to distract us like this.

As of now, I would like to say that less is more. Stockpile information, compare, share only what is needed. We've got some powerful players. letting them know what is up before it is done is going to be our downfall. I'm trying to branch out and gather as much of the town and town-adjacent players into a safer space. If you're someone who can help with that, I encourage you to send a letter to the editor as a somewhat secure means of communication.

I love how we're assuming that this is how likely they are to be true instead of how likely they are to be false.
Did you turn town-aligned after completing your motivation? If so, then this cannot be true. My 100% rumor was that the true spiderman would become town-aligned after completing their motivation.

As of now, I would like to say that less is more. Stockpile information, compare, share only what is needed. We've got some powerful players. letting them know what is up before it is done is going to be our downfall. I'm trying to branch out and gather as much of the town and town-adjacent players into a safer space. If you're someone who can help with that, I encourage you to send a letter to the editor as a somewhat secure means of communication.
I would argue the exact opposite. Mafia has always been a game of the powerful few against the weak many. The only way to bridge that gap is by sharing information and coordinating. By limiting yourselves to private conversations, you cannot discuss with those who have different sources of information.
Letters to the editor are more likely to spread misinformation than signed posts. This is because anonymous letters can't be confirmed. There is no way to know what letters can be trusted. In addition, communication through letters is slow. This hinders the spread of information and weakens the position of the town.

Unless I'm like absouloutely dumb my rumor mill didn't have a percentage with it at all
Your rumor mill should have a word or a percentage in square brackets before the rumor. That should give you a hint as to what it's about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom