• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So Eduarda, is there anything to really back up your claim? I'm all for working with 3rd party as I did the same in the first Smash Mafia, but I won't hesitate to get rid of you if I have the chance. I played the help card all game and most people trusted me yet I still had a plan to win.

Wow. That was a fun conversation to wake up to.

So Eduarda, is there anything to really back up your claim? I'm all for working with 3rd party as I did the same in the first Smash Mafia, but I won't hesitate to get rid of you if I have the chance. I played the help card all game and most people trusted me yet I still had a plan to win.

I think keeping Eduarda is for the best. She gives us really good activity that could be lacking later on. And I think she really is trying to help the town. I don't think anyone would target her at night because of her recoil damage. It's almost as if it's a counter of some sort.

Ok so with my newfound parameters, 50%-70%, the actual people with the same amount of damage within those parameters are
Sadia - 68%
Cthulhu - 54%

So who are more suspicious of and do you think Mafia would have attacked you? Or do we assume Mafia attacked Sooshi?

could still be a mafia blocker but w/e

We can't ignore that possibility; although, the way Sooshi handled himself tells me otherwise.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

I mean, that is (technically) a possibility, but I'm not. Obviously saying I'm not isn't automatic proof. Still, my goal last night was to confirm Eduarda. I would have revealed myself if she had been an SK. I'll trust her pseudo-bomb claim since it's a pretty abstract nuance and Jamie basically confirmed it in thread. I wasn't expecting receive as much damage as I did, and it is weird, what with Eduarda doing only 50-70%. However, because this is a nuanced game, I expect that a role that can modify damage output on a player or damage taken by another is a possibility. Could be town, could mafia.

So I kinda want to hear some opinions on suspects. I have a couple thoughts but I usually like hearing others first. Anyone got anyone else in mind?

I mean, that is (technically) a possibility, but I'm not. Obviously saying I'm not isn't automatic proof. Still, my goal last night was to confirm Eduarda. I would have revealed myself if she had been an SK. I'll trust her pseudo-bomb claim since it's a pretty abstract nuance and Jamie basically confirmed it in thread. I wasn't expecting receive as much damage as I did, and it is weird, what with Eduarda doing only 50-70%. However, because this is a nuanced game, I expect that a role that can modify damage output on a player or damage taken by another is a possibility. Could be town, could mafia.

So I kinda want to hear some opinions on suspects. I have a couple thoughts but I usually like hearing others first. Anyone got anyone else in mind?

I was suspicious of Dekunut yesterday, but since he won't be here for awhile, I'm going to go with other suspicions.

We can't over look the fact that both Cthulu and Sadia have damage within Eduarda's damage parameters. Honestly, I can't say who I find more suspicious. At the moment, it comes down to this: who would mafia most likely send to attack Eduarda? Sadia could have been the least likely to be tracked in the Mafia's mind because of his close ties with Eduarda.

My third suspect at the moment is Toxic. Mainly because of this:

This is a pretty loaded statement, and quite a big gamble to take, revealing your role like that. But your story seems to add up, and frankly, I trust you as 100% Town-friendly after what you did yesterday, so if he doesn't die from Doc's attack, I'll place the next one.

Doc's attack would have definitely put Johnny over the limit. In my opinion there is no need to say, "golly, I would attack too if he wasn't already dead". If Jamie hadn't fixed the misunderstanding, then Johnny would have been dead anyway. There's nothing wrong with saying you believe Eduarda's claim, but to say that you would attack someone after they are for sure dead seems like you are trying to gain town credit. @Toxic_Snowman Why do you feel like you needed to add that you would attack Sooshi?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I would have revealed myself if she had been an SK.
so would a mafia blocker tbh, as long as there isn't a town blocker to contradict you

Unless there's a town blocker who says "no i'm the town blocker!!!!!!!" thus confirming you as mafia, there's no way to determine your alignment without your death, really. If there only is one blocker then which is more likely - town or scum? It's a great question.

There is also the possibility that there are two blockers, one town and one scum, and Johnny really is the town blocker, with the mafia blocker remaining hidden.

This is honestly kind of a sucky situation w johnny, like why did people (actually it was just doc =^) ) attack him immediately without waiting for him. :/ rude af really and super rash, like literally putting every single egg in a 3rd party basket....

btw I had a quote from someone earlier saved in my drafts and I have no idea what it could possibly be lmao so w/e i guess

Also one last thing, I'm tired of all the ****posting and people who are not in the game posting. Please stop. Thanks friends.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
so would a mafia blocker tbh, as long as there isn't a town blocker to contradict you

Unless there's a town blocker who says "no i'm the town blocker!!!!!!!" thus confirming you as mafia, there's no way to determine your alignment without your death, really. If there only is one blocker then which is more likely - town or scum? It's a great question.

There is also the possibility that there are two blockers, one town and one scum, and Johnny really is the town blocker, with the mafia blocker remaining hidden.

Agreed, those are possibilities, and I can't perfectly alleviate the suspicions from those possibilities. But it's also unrealistic for scum to reveal themselves as a town RB when it's common practice to have both in most basic large games. I'll just have to prove myself the Best I can in this scenario.

This is honestly kind of a sucky situation w johnny, like why did people (actually it was just doc =^) ) attack him immediately without waiting for him. :/ rude af really and super rash, like literally putting every single egg in a 3rd party basket....

Agreed on this on this other post.

Doc's attack would have definitely put Johnny over the limit. In my opinion there is no need to say, "golly, I would attack too if he wasn't already dead". If Jamie hadn't fixed the misunderstanding, then Johnny would have been dead anyway. There's nothing wrong with saying you believe Eduarda's claim, but to say that you would attack someone after they are for sure dead seems like you are trying to gain town credit. @Toxic_Snowman Why do you feel like you needed to add that you would attack Sooshi?

Eduarda's attack did the damage. Obviously there was no way of confirming that in till I revealed my defense, but Doc jumped in immediately after Eduarda. Granted I am a little salty about Eduarda, but she's town in my eyes. However Doc's attack jumped the gun and he's not confirmed which is suspicious. Toxic essentially said "I would have but it's too late" which is a little scummy too.

Eduarda's attack did the damage. Obviously there was no way of confirming that in till I revealed my defense, but Doc jumped in immediately after Eduarda. Granted I am a little salty about Eduarda, but she's town in my eyes. However Doc's attack jumped the gun and he's not confirmed which is suspicious. Toxic essentially said "I would have but it's too late" which is a little scummy too.

You're right about Doc. The fact that he jumped in on attacking you without letting you speak shouldn't be overlooked.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

I didn't know how high your defense was, and, so far, Eduarda has had relatively small damage. I figured it was going to take at least two people get you damaged enough. At least with the assumption that your defense was closer to 100%. As to why I jumped on so early, I trusted Eduarda and her reasoning. You attacking her was the only scenario I saw that made sense.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Hi guys I'm back for like five minutes. Skimmed the page and this is what I have to say about it:
I'll keep my eye on Eduarda. She may be worth lynching eventually since not town and vig shouldn't attack her. For now though we have other places to focus.
Also, is it just me, or did three different people say they got inventions? I count only two nights, so how does that work?
Also, if anyone wants to talk to me, just leave a message. Tag me and I'll read and respond later.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Very unlikely. Too unlikely. Mafia roleblocker doesn't know if there's a town RB or not. Claiming would be suicide. But then again, Johnny was dead when he claimed. I can see how he could be scum causing more suspense but also town giving last minute clarification. I think its safe to assume he's Town if no one else counter claims.

Jamie basically confirmed me in the thread.

I kinda obviously am not aiming to win. I've asked the doctor to not save me twice already. The first time I asked was before my claim. I was scared doctor might protect me and get damage. If I was aiming to win I'd want doctor to waste a protect on me and also get damage, thus letting the game end faster. But I'm aiming for town to win. Against my wincon, I know, but I hate playing as anything other than town. So if I had a choice I'll side with town.

I was worried me claiming 3rd party would make people hesitant but I wanted to clear up the SK thing to make night scenes more clear.

So who are more suspicious of and do you think Mafia would have attacked you? Or do we assume Mafia attacked Sooshi?
After what happened I'm super hesitant with basing that as the only thing to cause a KO.

But out of the two, I thought Cthu was more suspicious. But wasn't his suspicion stated clearly yesterday? So why would Mafia send him? Unless the rest of their team is all under fire :P But really though, Sadia would be the best to send out. There was zero suspicion on her and I even thought she was town >.> But I'll be waiting for her big post before deciding.

As to if Mafia damaged me or Johnny, I think it's me. Johnny only had one hit. There was no indication of two hits like there was with Koki. So it's clear I was the only one who dealt damage to him.

I am not as suspicious of Doc. I'm more suspicious of the people who didn't post during that time or who said they are considering attacking Johnny.

In the Mafia's point of view, someone was getting misaccused of something with a good reasoning. It was the perfect opportunity to jump the boat and attack Johnny. But they knew Johnny was going to flip town. After his KO, fingers were obviously going to be pointed towards them (and me). I think the safest option for Mafia would have been to not say anything at all and discuss in their QT or say they were planning to attack but not actually attack.

Again, I'm really sorry for what happened. I need to stop being so rash when I play.

As to if Mafia damaged me or Johnny, I think it's me. Johnny only had one hit. There was no indication of two hits like there was with Koki. So it's clear I was the only one who dealt damage to him.

But can't you only deal 50-70% damage? Johnny has more than that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
sozzles friends. i was away all weekend and only home for like an hour on friday, but i'm here now so i'll respond to some things that i meant to respond to days ago :)
Now Tristan. Yeah, you didn't got after Heroine but your actions during Day 2 seems really odd. Now this can easily slip into town behaviour as well as Mafia behaviour. But if we look at it as both you and ALIT being Mafia, if your scum bud gets caught in the net the smartest move would be to go after them early. Clear your own name. But if someone else becomes the target, the smartest move would be to focus on that new target instead. But kinda hint that you aren't letting your scum bud go. To not look flippy floppy. You did all of that.
This is valid. And there's not much I can really say about that because I have in fact done that very thing as mafia before. All I can say is that, in this case, it was town behaviour.

Possibly irrelevant since Alit's dead, but I'm gonna respond anyway; it was his somewhat hasty attack on Alit that caught my eye I think. Although I'm not 100% sure because I didn't note it down. I remember seeing that and thinking "that's kind of odd", but it's not really a suspicion.
I don't know, he doesn't seem scummy to me. I get that it would be in our best interest to kill someone, or at least attempt to, so that we can gain information. But are we basing our attack on ALiT just on his little slip-up? Or is there concrete evidence? I'm not saying I won't attack, I just want to make sure we're making the right decision before I cast my attack.
Given Alit's flip, this post makes me suspicious of Toxic. Others have pointed it out too. I've used wording very similar to this as scum in the past to defend scumbuds. Not concrete, but there's more to say on Toxic later.
I'm leaning Town with Eduarda. She seems like she's just trying to promote discussion. I don't fault her in any way for switching targets. After all, she apologized to me in the previous day. I felt like our discussion was done. It might be a bit odd that she didn't even mention me in this day period until it was pointed out to her, but otherwise I don't think that's a solid scumtell.
Of course you don't XD I wouldn't expect you to necessarily want her to keep questioning you after the first day :P
I think I'll hold off on attacking ALIT unless more evidence comes to light, as he's explained himself well and his slip up isn't 100% solid. If he ends up dying, well, at least I won't have any blood on my hands.
I quoted this post because it caught my eye, but I think it's more newbie than scum.
Alright, whatever you say. My attack shouldn't put him over the edge yet, so he'll still have bit more time to defend himself (Unless he has really low defense).

Attack: A Link In Time

I hope I don't regret this...
holy ****ing scum post friendo. I was suspicious of your earlier post, but this is scummy af. Maybe if you left out that last bit, but even still, this is suspicious. That last sentence just makes that suspicion skyrocket.
If ALIT actually is scum and I've been trying to protect Mafia this entire time, I'll eat my hat
kek
Well look at that. He was scum after all. Huh.
Attack: Toxic_Snowman
@Tristan
Come out if the shadows and speak up. Why didn't you say anything before ALIT was lynched. Go to the dumps you scum
I quoted this already, but I'll just reiterate that I've had very little time to dedicate to this game over the last few days. Should be better now though. I was away all day on Friday, then I was out of town watching fireworks when he actually died. I wasn't expecting to go out of town this weekend, that was literally planned as I was about to fall asleep Friday night. So I haven't had time to speak up.
I already said that if you guys want to question me, and make me the target of Day 3, I'd be okay for it. Whatever it takes to prove my innocence. I know I was avid about my distaste for an ALiT lynch, and I realize now that it was a mistake. If you guys feel like that's suspicious, alright, but I'm not sure how me being sort of nonchalant about the reveal is suspicious, too. I mean, it's shocking, but we have to worry about this upcoming Night and Day 3. I didn't want to dwell on it for so long. Just because I didn't post much about it, it doesn't mean I didn't recognize my mistake.
eh, I'm not sure I buy it. I've always found it scummy to say "I know I'm suspicious, so I get why y'all are questioning me, it's ok to be suspicious because it's valid :)". Once again, something I've done several times in the past as scum, and I've seen many others do it too. It's one thing to say that you understand the suspicion, but when that's the basis for your entire defense is when it really becomes sketchy.
Now that we know ALIT's role what do you guys think about my theory about Tristan and Johnny? Is it flawed?
tbh, no it isn't. Untrue, at least in my case, but certainly not flawed.
Weeeell, he told me that he was gonna post it now...an hour ago, so expect it soon mafia fams.
Don't worry fam. I have Jamie covered with the night scene. Ahem...

as son as odd opend his mouth in da game everyone suidided besides LG-chan-kun-senpai and they gotten a happppy endin

LG wins!

This is my last post. I swears it. QQ
delt thread
Whoa, mafia? Long time. Got room for one more? ;)

Feel free to ignore this post and continue with your game. :)
oooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeee
Anyway... Pendio's actions in the previous day have raised my suspicions.

He was silent for the whole day, and then came in toward then end of ALIT's lynch stating that he was "confident" that he was mafia, even with such a small piece of evidence. It seemed so abrupt and sudden to me. I'm sure that a large part of it is because of real life (and I get that; before this post, we have the same number of posts in the game, haha), but his certainty so late in the day really set off red flags for me. Was he not following the game at all until then? If he really was that sure, then I feel like he would have said something sooner, even in brief. Pendio, care to elaborate on why you were so sure ALIT was scum?
agreed tbh. It's strange that Pendio's only post throughout the entire day was to attack Alit at a time that seemed convenient.
Ok I was thinking to wait until Johnny replies. But. Like. It's kinda obvious what happened and there's no avoiding it. And my fatal flaw is getting too excited and bursting out everything. So I'll just state it right now.

I know there's no Serial Killer in this game. Because my role is similar to theirs (But I'm town at heart pls I love you guys)

My role is pretty cool. I haven't seen it before. Whenever someone targets me (any kind of night action), they get damage dealt to them. So I'm kinda like a bomb of sorts but it can be used again and again. I've been given a parameter that the damage they would be dealt would be within.

So it's obvious I've been attacked last night. And it's also clear that a town role didn't attack me (I agree with Heroine that there are a lot of X shot kill roles in this game). Because I've been basically confirmed last day. So without the SK, who's left? Mafia.

Now here are all the people who took damage last night:
Cthulhu - 54%
Pendio - 22%
Johnny Sooshi - 89%
Sadia - 68%

One of them attacked me. How do I know who it is? I look at my parameters. And there is only one person who's damage falls under the parameters I've been given. Johnny.

Attack: Johnny Sooshi

Now, because of the nature of my role, I'd like to die tomorrow uninterpreted. Mafia would obviously want to finish me off. Doctor, do NOT protect me. You will get damage dealt and Mafia will know who you are. I'd rather die than the game lose it's doctor.

But if I do die tomorrow night, watch out for the people who get damage dealt on them. My damage parameter is 70% to 90%.
The day was reset, but I still have to ask why you were automatically so sure that Johnny was scum based on that? It was, at the time, completely possible that he was maybe a cop, or a doctor, or something else. It wasn't an automatic scumtell, so I think the attack was a little rash.
This is a pretty loaded statement, and quite a big gamble to take, revealing your role like that. But your story seems to add up, and frankly, I trust you as 100% Town-friendly after what you did yesterday, so if he doesn't die from Doc's attack, I'll place the next one.
Keep the scum posts coming, I am enjoying reading them!

But for real, this is really odd. Not only is it strange to say that Eduarda is "100% town-friendly" after she hinted she was third party (this was before she said straight up iirc), but that last bit is even weirder. I didn't quote Doc's vote, but I took note of it, and it's strange that he didn't try to give Johnny any time to speak (his attack was hasty and suspicious, idk why I didn't quote it), but this post looks like you're saying he's suspicious, but refraining from actually attacking to gain town cred. Very common scum tactic. Since he was at 89%, it is possible two attacks wouldn't have finished the job (remember nobody knew his defense parameter at that time), so if you were actually suspicious of him, you would have actually attacked just to make sure he actually got KO'd. The fact that you didn't is extremely shady because it looks like you were trying to gain a little town cred.
So. That was a sucky start to the day.

Anyone want milk and cookies?
Only if the milk is bagged.
Ok so with my newfound parameters, 50%-70%, the actual people with the same amount of damage within those parameters are
Sadia - 68%
Cthulhu - 54%
Very intriguing.
Eduarda said:
Johnny, I'm still confused as to why you were hit so hard. I think there might be a role in the game which increases damage taken for that night. But I'll believe you. I'm really sorry for what happened.
It's also possible the vig targeted him. Your lowest damage parameter is 50%, I can see a vig hitting 39% as one of his/her lower parameters. What you said is definitely possible as well, but I don't think it's the only possibility.
Possible, but doubtful. In a game of 19, the chance of there being a town roleblocker is high, so the mafia would be stupid to claim it.
Was so confused. Then remembered. July 4th. Silly Americans
July 1st is the real Independence Day.
I didn't know how high your defense was, and, so far, Eduarda has had relatively small damage. I figured it was going to take at least two people get you damaged enough. At least with the assumption that your defense was closer to 100%. As to why I jumped on so early, I trusted Eduarda and her reasoning. You attacking her was the only scenario I saw that made sense.
Your attack was hasty though, and there were other possible explanations for why Johnny targeted Eduarda. Just because he targeted her did not automatically make him scum. Your attack was really odd. I wouldn't be surprised if you and Toxic are scumbuds tbh, or one or the other.
But can't you only deal 50-70% damage? Johnny has more than that.
That's why I think it's possible he might've been a vig target as well.

I'm going to work now so if you respond to me, I won't get to it until later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom