• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Not a fan of it either myself. I think on night one it will actually be to our benefit If everyone goes into it at 0%. We can see who was targeted on night one and go from there.

I do think we should still try to KO someone though. As together we can put massive damage on one person, get them KO then go into the next day with info from KO and from night actions.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
GRAND DAD?
FLEENSTONES?!

memes aside,
Eduarda's suggestion is basically communism - great on paper, terrible in practice (and also everyone is equal i didn't even realize it at first lmao). It's a great idea in a perfect world, but mafia is never perfect unless you're playing THEBESTMAFIA™.

The no voting system actually does bring up a huge conundrum of how to act on the first day. I think someone said this earlier but I can't remember, but I think we should wait about 24 hours before thinking about actually attacking anyone.

I wish I knew what the lowest damage percentage was. It may be worth it to have only the weakest attackers attack today, if that makes sense. That way the mafia has a lower chance of actually KOing anyone. (idk like, if someone gets ~40% damage on them and the mafia does 60% then they're going to die tonight right??? but someone with only 5% damage only goes to 65% and doesn't die. seems like an easier way to figure out who's been attacked by the mafia and is therefore probably town.)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
@kokirion do you think my suggestion might be dangerous to the town, and thus would make me someone to keep an eye on more than others?

@Libk if everyone goes into the night with 0% damage, how likely do you think it is that Mafia would not attack someone that night, to not risk a survivor

@DekuNut do you think it's probable that the Mafia might attack their own if they know that person will survive, so the survivor can gain town credit?

I wish I knew what the lowest damage percentage was. It may be worth it to have only the weakest attackers attack today, if that makes sense. That way the mafia has a lower chance of actually KOing anyone. (idk like, if someone gets ~40% damage on them and the mafia does 60% then they're going to die tonight right??? but someone with only 5% damage only goes to 65% and doesn't die. seems like an easier way to figure out who's been attacked by the mafia and is therefore probably town.)

We are allowed to state our attack and defense parameters so we can all claim our attacks if town thinks it's a good idea. It may help us plan our attacks as a group.

But no one should state their defence parameter. It's a Mafia gold mine. If anyone has less defense that 100% they would be a great Mafia kill. Even if you say you have 100% defense it makes the pool of people with lower defense smaller.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I dislike that approach. I'm not gonna join in a forced everyone attacks someone this day to give every player some basic damage.

From all we know, (and I read the last game) some nightkills might not give enough damage to kill everyone. If we now give everyone damage, we make everyone weaker. And why would we? It's still early, so if we think someone is scummy we can still easily kill that person the same day. And hell, I don't want any damage just because you want to be able to more easily kill me later. As a rational but distrusting individual, I highly oppose that.

I suggest everyone just does whatever they want (as in, don't spread it out too much, just honestly attack someone today if you feel he/she is the most suspicious, but don't feel forced to attack either). Additionally, I do think we should kill at least one person per day. That way we do gain some valuable leads
Yes exactly, we don't want to get too trigger happy otherwise everyone will be weak as **** and be picked apart.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I don't just mean for today. What I mean is we need a solid way to say "Let's look at them". Use it as a promise to attack them if they don't explain themselves. Same thing as pressure votes pretty much. I agree, Day One that may not work well, but I mean in the long term.

Fair enough. So you think if we treat an FoS like a vote in this game we can keep track of who is the best candidate each day? That makes a bit more sense, and I might be able to get behind that.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Jesus is this what happens after only a few hours :P literally went from maybe 3 - 4 messages to 2 pages. Christ i need to up me game. Anywho we can't really attack anyone on day one can we. Where's the point? also as Jamie noted if we all attack one another one of us could die but it doesn't end the day does it.

Pen

The game is on!
@DekuNut do you think it's probable that the Mafia might attack their own if they know that person will survive, so the survivor can gain town credit?

This actually crossed my mind before too, so I feel like even if one of us gets attacked tonight, it will be impossible to fully confirm them as Town (especially this early on when there is not as much at stake for the Mafia). Besides, depending on how the night scenes are portrayed by our game mod we may or may not know whether someone was attacked by the Mafia or by the Vig or SK or some other killing role. What I mean to say is that throughout this whole game there is sadly the risk of us never being able to fully confirm someone who survives a night attack.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I like that idea. Jamie, would you be willing to keep track of our FOS's, as mock-votes?
Given that they are not part of the game, and a user-created thing, no, I won't include them in vote counts. It'll be up to one of you to handle that if you want to handle it.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
@Libk if everyone goes into the night with 0% damage, how likely do you think it is that Mafia would not attack someone that night, to not risk a survivor

I don't think it's that likely honestly. It harms mafia more than helps them to keep damage off of people. We can basically remove their night kill by going into nights with 0%, and together deciding who to attack during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom