• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I dislike that approach. I'm not gonna join in a forced everyone attacks someone this day to give every player some basic damage.

From all we know, (and I read the last game) some nightkills might not give enough damage to kill everyone. If we now give everyone damage, we make everyone weaker. And why would we? It's still early, so if we think someone is scummy we can still easily kill that person the same day. And hell, I don't want any damage just because you want to be able to more easily kill me later. As a rational but distrusting individual, I highly oppose that.

I suggest everyone just does whatever they want (as in, don't spread it out too much, just honestly attack someone today if you feel he/she is the most suspicious, but don't feel forced to attack either). Additionally, I do think we should kill at least one person per day. That way we do gain some valuable leads

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Okay, so spreading out our attacks seems to be the best way to go about day one. So should we each pick a different person and attack? Or spread it out among only certain number of people. The problem with that is scum could be hiding in the groups of players we don't attack. I think having every player attack a different player may be for the best. Thoughts?

I suggest everyone just does whatever they want (as in, don't spread it out too much, just honestly attack someone today if you feel he/she is the most suspicious, but don't feel forced to attack either). Additionally, I do think we should kill at least one person per day. That way we do gain some valuable leads

I think both tactics can work and are viable. I don't think a kill will happen every day because of the setup. However we probably will have days with more than one kill happen.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Rereading the original game thread made me feel really bad for barely posting....

From my understanding, attacking every player is a double-edged sword. The mafia can more easily kill someone if they have more damage on them, but it also narrows down the people who can be healed during the night, making a more effective heal more likely.

I think attacking everyone so early will be dangerous for the late game because everyone will have damage on them, making them more easily killed by the mafia.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
This is an interesting set-up. I didn't quite get it at first, but I understand now.

Personally, I'm against everybody attacking a different person. Like you all have said, it could make it easier for Mafia to get a kill. RVS attacking someone might help, but I don't know if we should risk it just yet. Either way, I'm not gonna attack quite yet, until we develop a concrete plan. I honestly don't want to be the one to attack first and end up starting a group attack on someone we don't know the role of.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hi guys.

I remember following this game during its first run, and being sad that I couldn't play because of the unique mechanics. So I'm super happy that it's back and I can actually play this time!

I took another quick read through the original thread just now, and I noticed the mafia seemed to have a really high attack power at night. Might it be the same case this time? If so, I wonder if it would be beneficial to, for this day only, refrain from attacking people unless your attack parameter is really low and you're actually suspicious of the person (eg. No RVS attacking). I understand the benefits from attacking people, and I think from Day 2 on we shouldn't be so conservative, but I personally think it might be best if we don't give the mafia a good opportunity to get a kill in. Keep the damages low for the first day. We'll still get information from the night because no doubt somebody will be attacked, then we'll have stuff to go on during day 2.

That said, if someone makes a genuine slip up during this day and it's pretty clear that they're anti-town, I may change my opinion.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I agree with the group who say give everyone a little damage. That's not a good plan unless we want to let the vig own this game for us.
Also, due to the setup type, I'll ask the doctor, whoever it is, to be more careful than usual. We don't need you to target whoever will get targeted tonight, but who you think is town and needs to reduce their damage. Killing roles have reduced power this game and protecting roles have more. Just wanted to say that.
Moving on, I still think we need a concrete way to show suspicion without attacking people. Because of that, what say we FoS people instead, and save our attacks for the last 24 hours or so, so we can give the people we FoS time to defend themselves before they attack. Thoughts?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I agree with the group who say give everyone a little damage. That's not a good plan unless we want to let the vig own this game for us.
Also, due to the setup type, I'll ask the doctor, whoever it is, to be more careful than usual. We don't need you to target whoever will get targeted tonight, but who you think is town and needs to reduce their damage. Killing roles have reduced power this game and protecting roles have more. Just wanted to say that.
Moving on, I still think we need a concrete way to show suspicion without attacking people. Because of that, what say we FoS people instead, and save our attacks for the last 24 hours or so, so we can give the people we FoS time to defend themselves before they attack. Thoughts?

I agree with your FoS strategy, Deku. In the last game, people were just voting regularly because their votes didn't count, but I think this makes more sense. The problem I had with the voting in the previous thread is it made it hard to distinguish genuine suspicions from joke votes early on.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
I guess what I was thinking was that in a setup like this, it would be a bit hard to catch slip ups at this point. Like, there's no RVS or bandwagons to base suspicions off of, y'know? But ok, we'll see where the game takes us.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Because of that, what say we FoS people instead, and save our attacks for the last 24 hours or so, so we can give the people we FoS time to defend themselves before they attack. Thoughts?

At this point an FoS style RVS seems like a moot point. Forcing out these types of random votes at a point where we've already decided that RVS can't be done the same way kind of reduces that point to nothing really. Ultimately it feels like it would be nothing more than a few FoS's and no actual scum found.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'd rather nobody takes damage today than everyone take damage. All it does is weaken town to NKs, meanwhile giving us very little information. Nobody is pressured, no bandwagons can be formed. It is too neat and doesn't allow slip ups.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I'd rather nobody takes damage today than everyone take damage. All it does is weaken town to NKs, meanwhile giving us very little information. Nobody is pressured, no bandwagons can be formed. It is too neat and doesn't allow slip ups.
Then what do you suggest we do for today. Or the rest of the game. How do we find scum if we're too scared to weaken anyone

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
At this point an FoS style RVS seems like a moot point. Forcing out these types of random votes at a point where we've already decided that RVS can't be done the same way kind of reduces that point to nothing really. Ultimately it feels like it would be nothing more than a few FoS's and no actual scum found.
I don't just mean for today. What I mean is we need a solid way to say "Let's look at them". Use it as a promise to attack them if they don't explain themselves. Same thing as pressure votes pretty much. I agree, Day One that may not work well, but I mean in the long term.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Then what do you suggest we do for today. Or the rest of the game. How do we find scum if we're too scared to weaken anyone
I honestly don't have a suggestion for today. But setting up a system where everyone gets hurt, increasing the chances that a town gets killed tonight, meanwhile giving town no information whatsoever, doesn't seem like the right direction to take. I am not suggesting that we never weaken anyone, or am I saying we shouldn't do that today. But establishing a neat system where we all attack one another is not at all beneficial to the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom