• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Standing Up While Playing SS.

K

KokiriShroom

I would hate to have to stand up to play, because I like to stay up late on weekends and play, and standing up to do that wouldn't be very relaxing. But I'd buy it anyways.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Um, I don't think we need to stand up to play for this. You can sit if you want, but standing is optional. It's not like Kinect or some eye camera.

Ganondork

goo
I played Red Steel 2 which required wii motion plus and you didn't have to stand up. In fact, it tripped up on me more when I stood up.

B

BCKK

You know I don't really mind standing while playing. I mean it sounds like fun...But also In the morning or at night after a long day. It would be nice to sit. But I think that you can probably do it either way. Certain games that say you need to stand up on the Wii (such as the Wii sports resort sword fighting) I have been able to sit and still be just as good if not better than standing.

I guess really Sitting VS. Standing... good or Bad is a matter of opinion

Beeker

Wild Card
Usually when I play Wii Sports Resort sword fighting, and almost every other game on the Wii, I sit down while playing. When playing Archery, I kind of sit up a little so I can shoot more properly, but I it could work fine while sitting down.

Skyward Sword will probably end up like every other game I play. I'll most likely sit when playing it. As long as you are comfortable sitting or standing, I don't think it should matter too much.

T

The Hero of Pie

Standing up will be very fun, I'm expecting to feel completely immersed in the Zelda universe.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
A Classic/Gamecube controller option would be nice but I can't see how that could be put in. I would play standing up if need be, but it would drastically affect the duration of playing sessions. Not a deal-breaker but I would have to change the way I play accordingly.

Austin

Austin
Given that I play most video games curled up in a ball on my couch, being forced to stand up while playing this game would make me extremely unhappy. Additionally, my TV is in a rather small corner in my room so there isn't a large amount of space to move around in to begin with. So yeah, having to stand up would probably make me like this game a lot less. However, as many others have said, I can't imagine why we would have to do that. I've already accepted that I'll have to sit up straight with this game, but apart from an odd challenge or something, there should be no reason that we'd have to stand up for the entirety of this game.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I don't mind standing up to play a video game, but if I were to have to do that over an extended time period, it would get quite tiring. It would be then that I would like to sit down to play. And given the way that the game was demonstrated at E3 the only limbs that are actually required to move are the arms. Seeing this, I honestly don't see why one couldn't sit down while playing this game. I'm pretty sure that I will be doing that (sitting down I mean) during most of the time I will spend playing this game.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
personally, i wouldent mind standing up to play it, 'cause whenever i play TP or wii sports resort (sword play) i stand up for more space. i can also play it sitting down, so i'll get it anyway :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd have to stand up, it helps me feel as if I am "Linked" to the game. I always stand up, even when playing Mario Kart Wii (just an example). Sitting down doesn't distinguish one game from another to me. Also, since the Wiimote is wireless, it gives me a sense of freedom, which allows me to stand up. Normally, with wired controllers (N64 or PS2 anyone?), I'd sit close the the screen. Now, I can stand up and hack/slash all I want, even if it makes me look ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom