• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Standing Up While Playing SS.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't really mind standing up to play a game. I also play Red Steel 2 standing up, since the sword fighting requires so much movement that sitting in a chair is not possible. Standing up while playing a game is more tiring than sitting down and just push some buttons, but I have to say that you are more part of the game if you actually have to move to get something done in game. I felt much more happy when I had beaten a lot of enemies by actively swing my wii-mote around as a katana. SS requires more 'active' movement than Red Steel 2 though. You have to keep your shield up, act like you are really shooting arrows with a bow and stuff and maybe that can ruin the gameplay a bit. We are still lazy gamers who are used to sitting down with a controller for years and most of us see gaming as a relaxing hobby and not an active sport (except for the wii yoga gamers :P). I hope Nintendo can find the right balance between active wii-mote action and normal lazy controls.

I've always found it interesting that, when the Wii was created, along with various other systems like Kinect, the intent was to get people moving and not sitting down playing games. But, the more and more wii games we have, along with the more I see people playing these games, I see them either laying or sitting down. Personally I do it all the time, I stand enough as is, but it seems rather odd to me to not require you to stand in some way for most wii games.

There have been sparse occurrences in games like Super Mario Galaxy when laying down wasn't enough, but other than that, I don't think I've ever really found a game that requires you to stand. With that in mind, I highly doubt that Skyward Sword or Nintendo would require you to stand.

I don't think would "hate" that game if I had to stand, it would just be rather annoying. I can't imagine how they would make you stand, unless you were forced to walk in place to simulate Link moving, but other than that, it seems pretty out of place.

I thought that I would have to stand during TP but I just played the whole game sitting down. Those who want a better experience will probably stand, I just don't feel like standing every time I want to explore Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom